Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devon/Cornwall - Amazing

Rides
    My other half wants to apply for a job in Exeter. We are going down to look for houses soon. I quite like the idea but I think she is going to chicken out.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I'd say look outside Exeter in the surrounding villages. You'll get more for your money and it won't be as noisy (most parts ) Unless you like drunken people (students, chav's etc) stumbling around, shouting, swearing and urinating on everything.

Or that may just be Alphington end. Anyway, the 4 months I lived in Exeter convinced me that I never want to live in a city again. Or a town for that matter. Rural villages FTW! More space for her horses and my car (hopefully this will be plural after we buy!)

Rides
    A village would be better as I hate people. I just want space for 3 cars, must have a garage and an area where I can work on them, (usually called the back garden).

Rides
    Surrounding towns around Exeter will be your best bet.
    Me and the missus are looking at the minute, Dawlish, Teignmouth or the other way like Crediton. Loads of quiet places for a much cheaper price than Exeter

117.9 for reg unleaded? Must have been the services at Sandygate.
    110.9 at Alphington Esso.

Rides
    I'd avoid Teignmouth mate - been quite a bit of trouble there recently. Got some mates who live there are they're desperate to move. Dawlish is nice. I'm in the Warren but gets really busy in summer with the damn grockles and their caravans (Know of a 2 bed flat going for rent soon if you are interested. Not a long term thing though as the place is due to be demolished to build an old peoples home in a year or 2.)

Ideally we'd like North Devon or Dartmoor!

Rides
    Exeter rocks was at uni there for 3 years, totally loved it. Hardly any trouble, quite relaxed, even the traffic wasnt awful i'd live there now if it wasn't so expensive

Rides
    Exeter isn't that good. There's really not much there. OK, no trouble and relaxed, but I like to "live my life in the fast lane".

Grass is always greener I suppose. Japan and London next year for me if all goes to plan.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakelet View Post
    Exeter isn't that good. There's really not much there. OK, no trouble and relaxed, but I like to "live my life in the fast lane".

Grass is always greener I suppose. Japan and London next year for me if all goes to plan.
    All depends how you look at it really. I lived in London for a bit. Yea, plenty of choice of nightlife, entertainment, food, etc, but paying twice the price for it AND getting mugged for your change on the way home doesn't make it worth it IMO

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I like exeter It's more like a big town than a city in my eyes. The surrounding towns are good also. Could move to credition to keep evilchap company, noticed the other day that they have a shell garage also which is handy
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Everywhere has it's bad spots (Wouldn't have put Teignmouth down as being bad, Is it big enough? LOL)
    Dartmoor = I'd kill for a place there.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry1809 View Post
    Everywhere has it's bad spots (Wouldn't have put Teignmouth down as being bad, Is it big enough? LOL)
    Dartmoor = I'd kill for a place there.
    If you killed someone I'm sure you could get a nice little place in princetown
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    PMSL! Its one of the places we're looking at. Although north Devon prices are rather less. The riding on Dartmoor is second to none (both mountainbike and horse)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    LOL, Been there done that.
    When I worked with my uncle, I was there taking off the old roofs (security was unbelievable!) Think I was there about 3 days before I walked off the job. So depressing.
    Princetowns ace though, If a little thread bare now.