Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: SXOC Weekender 2010 - 9th to 11th July - Booking

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    hence this post just to get a subscription to the thread & say hi to all who know me
    Gone all girly again Tracy.
    Thread tools at the top of each thread let you subscribe without having to post anything

You're expected at the Weekender

I'm saying nothing car related as my own is neglected and is letting me know it at the mo. Changed the oil yesterday but it's not enough.
    Turbo, engine, clutch, suspension all beyond the date something should have been done.
    But it will get further than 20miles before giving up so still sucks to you, splitter

Rides
    Can we have a list update please? Just so I know my payments been recieved, and I'm deffo going up the hill

Rides
    Entry plus hillclimb paid for, for me and the misses.

Rides
    Entry, plus hillcimb, plus one! payment sent

UK . . . . . . . . . . . Power: .. ..... . 361bhp
    Rides
    Being a local I can say that the nearest Shell station is in Tewkesbury, a mere 5 or 6 miles from the site. There is also the area of "Bishops Cleeve" about 4 miles away with a tescos etc and some more fuel stations.

Well I won't be attending as it's a case of pay for everything or nothing and I dont want to pay £30 just to get in to the venue for one day when it's only £12.50 to attend the pro championships. I do want to come but 30 quid to watch me mates for a few hours is too much. In all honesty I do think the club may be shooting itself in the foot a bit to tell everybody they must pay for everything when they might only want to get in on one day and with no food, I mean we are in a recession. I know not many folk have said as such but then i suppose the numbers(or lack of) will speak for themselves. Well I wont be entering into any daft arguments with anyone on this as last time I spoke up for myself I was banned from the forum by an over zealous mod so please... keep it to yourselves (you know who you are)

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Bring yourself, bring your missus ChiL and then its cost you £15 each and you get food and beer for that too

the club isnt shooting itself in the foot, its just most people will not want to "just pop down for a couple of hours", they will stay for what is a cracking event with plenty of entertainment. We cant offer a half day ticket and even if we did I cant see us selling more than 5 or so.

Get involved and you'll see where Im coming from. We may well be in a recession, but someone still has to pay for the hire of the place and associated costs. The club dont make any money on this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Can I get in on this please?!
    Me and a passenger?
    Can I pay closer to the time as I move into my new flat next month lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cHiL View Post
    Well I won't be attending as it's a case of pay for everything or nothing and I dont want to pay £30 just to get in to the venue for one day when it's only £12.50 to attend the pro championships. I do want to come but 30 quid to watch me mates for a few hours is too much.
    then come along for the whole weekend, simplez

I mean we are in a recession.
    I managed it last year and was out of work then due to 'the recession' so I know its doable
    bovvered?

Rides
    The idea is to come along for the weekend and get involved and interact with other members, have a beer and kick back soaking up the atmosphere

And if £30 is a problem, owning a 200 must be a right pain in the ass

And if last year is anything to go by we will need a bigger field
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

UK . . . . . . . . . . . Power: .. ..... . 361bhp
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazoobe View Post
    then come along for the whole weekend, simplez

I managed it last year and was out of work then due to 'the recession' so I know its doable
    Dont get me wrong, I really do want to support the club but as money is tight at the moment it seems really daft for me to pay for a whole weekend and "food" when my warm bed and full larder are only a couple of miles from the venue. I just thought it might be beneficial to the club to have as many members there as possible(even short term, non eating) as every little helps towards costs etc. I'm sure people will have a good time but I do think that day-tickets for some might have helped the club get some more of the funding back in and created more of an atmosphere...

Like i said, I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway

Rides
    I guess it depends what your after from it really, the hill slots were all sold out last year anyway I believe so if day tickets were available that could potentially mean people coming for the whole weekend wouldn't get on the hill (if the day tickets were for going on the hill and not just spectating).
    Personally I always go along just for the social side of things and have now been there twice without even watching a car go up the hill
    Also it would be hard to police as we'd then have to have a way of checking that people using day tickets weren't coming to the whole weekend etc.
    bovvered?

Rides
    Dont get me wrong, I really do want to support the club but as money is tight at the moment it seems really daft for me to pay for a whole weekend and "food" when my warm bed and full larder are only a couple of miles from the venue. I just thought it might be beneficial to the club to have as many members there as possible(even short term, non eating) as every little helps towards costs etc. I'm sure people will have a good time but I do think that day-tickets for some might have helped the club get some more of the funding back in and created more of an atmosphere...

Like i said, I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway
    Thats the same with everything fella, why pay to go to Barbados for a sunny holiday, when Spain is half the price? Its a preference thing

This prices cant be that bad either with the rate we have payments coming in

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Dont get me wrong, I really do want to support the club but as money is tight at the moment it seems really daft for me to pay for a whole weekend and "food" when my warm bed and full larder are only a couple of miles from the venue.
    Do you ever go to the pub?? When youve got beer in the fridge??

I can see what you are saying but it would become a real pain if we were doing "half day" tickets and stuff, and we (as the staff) simply didnt feel the demand was there.

Tell you what, pay the £30, go home in the evening, bring me a decent breakfast back the next morning and Ill give you a tenner

Thats only £10 a day - bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I had two far far better nights than I have ever had in a nightclub last year, and some people pay £15 a time get in them (and you don't get food and booze for that)

a half day ticket would be a epic waste, ESP. As it didn't get really lively till 2am

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    Can I get in on this please?!
    Me and a passenger?
    Can I pay closer to the time as I move into my new flat next month lol
    Oh and forgot to add if i can get some runs up the hill that'd be epic!! Thanks Chaps

Rides
    lol... half day tickets.

we are going to have to have byebye on the door...

Rides
    Paid up Cant wait, guna be epic!!!

Rides
    im gonna have to put this down as another of the events i 'may at some point be able to afford' ill most likely be able to afford to come, just runs up the hill will prob be a see when i get there whether i can afford or not

Rides
    Are the numbers limited for hill time? Just wondering as it was a bit packed at times last year ( when it backed up the return road) any more and it would have been cloustraphobic

Rides
    Being a local I can say that the nearest Shell station is in Tewkesbury, a mere 5 or 6 miles from the site. There is also the area of "Bishops Cleeve" about 4 miles away with a tescos etc and some more fuel stations.

Well I won't be attending as it's a case of pay for everything or nothing and I dont want to pay £30 just to get in to the venue for one day when it's only £12.50 to attend the pro championships. I do want to come but 30 quid to watch me mates for a few hours is too much. In all honesty I do think the club may be shooting itself in the foot a bit to tell everybody they must pay for everything when they might only want to get in on one day and with no food, I mean we are in a recession. I know not many folk have said as such but then i suppose the numbers(or lack of) will speak for themselves. Well I wont be entering into any daft arguments with anyone on this as last time I spoke up for myself I was banned from the forum by an over zealous mod so please... keep it to yourselves (you know who you are)

If you're as miserable in real life as you come across in this post, stay away