Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF happened there?

Rides

WTF happened there?

Phoned up 3 to get my contract renewed and told them that I wanted the same deal that is currently in my local 3 store.
    Free HTC Hero, unlimited text/internet and 700mins/month for £23.75/mo.

No, can't do it. Apparently the HTC isn't free on any price plan. Pointed out that their website says nothing about paying for the handset on any plan.

No, won't budge. So I say I'll cancel.

Fine, sayeth the wench on the other end. That's your right.

Indeed it is, quoth I.

And with that, the contract was cancelled.

9 minutes on the phone!!! When my OH told 3 he wanted the i-Phone, they did everything apart from making him CEO of 3 to get him to stay. Me, nothing...

Hmph.

So, does anyone know where I can get an HTC hero with a decent unlimited internet (not this 250m I keep seeing), plenty of minutes and text for less than £25/mo?

Ta

Rides
    Hi Leon, since you've been away we have lots of new sections to better organise non 200.

You are free to use these

2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Having just read your other thread where a love of open source is declared... I could see why you want the Hero, being an Andriod phone

However, having setup both a Hero and an HD2, the HD2 is a better device in every way imaginable, though I'm sure WinMo will probably put you off, I think you should try have a play with them both.

Rides
    You asked 3 to cancel and they canceled? how you do that? I have been fighting for months with them to cancel my contract!

Rides
    T-Mobile i beleive have that phone, but i dont know what contract.

also try mobilephones direct

dont be put off going for a WinMo phone

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by highland View Post
    However, having setup both a Hero and an HD2, the HD2 is a better device in every way imaginable, though I'm sure WinMo will probably put you off, I think you should try have a play with them both.
    Just to add some balance, i've got the HD2 - have had it since November and I think I hate it.

Out of the box it was shockingly bad, we've had loads of hotfixes and it's now almost ok.

The hardware itself is great (apart from the crap camera), but the software is laughable, it's like it was released without any testing - it's just silly little things, like the cursor moving out of the text input box when conversations load etc.

I'm genuinely starting to wish I went with an iPhone.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakko View Post
    Just to add some balance, i've got the HD2 - have had it since November and I think I hate it.
    Android or WinMo ?

People with Android based HTCs seem to get along with them ... people like me with win ones seem to hate them

Perhaps its a personality thing and the people with Android bought it becuase of the OS and they like fcuking about with there phone .. where as the WinMo users are the generic people that just want a phone that works .. and are rather dissapointed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So, does anyone know where I can get an HTC hero with a decent unlimited internet (not this 250m I keep seeing), plenty of minutes and text for less than £25/mo?

Ta
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Phoned up 3 to get my contract renewed and told them that I wanted the same deal that is currently in my local 3 store.
    Free HTC Hero, unlimited text/internet and 700mins/month for £23.75/mo.

Rides
    I use a touch pro 2 myself, but just setup the boss with the HD2 and never seen any problems with it.

He did want a hero, but after looking @ some of the problems with exchange syncing, I went for the easier option.

I think most problems are with WinMo, which still has some ways to go as far as being as user friendly as other os's out there. It was never designed for touch screens, which is why HTC use thier own touchflo overlay.

We should be getting WinMo 7 this year, which will heopfully go some way to catching up.

On the whole tho, I just like WinMo, despite its short comings. :shrug:

Rides
    250mb is what they call 'Unlimited' usage. In the case of Orange, they 'might' send you a friendly letter reminding you to go easy if you go over, but they won't ever charge you for it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AshmanS13 View Post
    indeed. Just go into that 3 shop again and buy the one you saw there.

Rides
    Having had a Touch diamond 2 wiith Win mob 6.5 & having moved to a Hero I'd say this, If you want a corporate phone to synch with exhange get a a touch HD2, if you want a slick user interface and a massive app store go with your original thought & get the Hero (or an iphone).

I decided just to buy a 2nd hand hero off eBay and sold my Touch diamond 2 for similar money (around £160).

Then you can go for a sim only deal of your choosing.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_melon View Post
    indeed. Just go into that 3 shop again and buy the one you saw there.
    Have to 3rd this, it's a blinding price. Shame it's on 3 though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by highland View Post
    I use a touch pro 2 myself, but just setup the boss with the HD2 and never seen any problems with it.

He did want a hero, but after looking @ some of the problems with exchange syncing, I went for the easier option.

I think most problems are with WinMo, which still has some ways to go as far as being as user friendly as other os's out there. It was never designed for touch screens, which is why HTC use thier own touchflo overlay.

We should be getting WinMo 7 this year, which will heopfully go some way to catching up.

On the whole tho, I just like WinMo, despite its short comings. :shrug:

Have you upgraded your TP2 via HTC's site to WM6.5?

alot more finger friendly OS but still with HTC's GUI and some tweeks. works really nice with and with out HTC's GUI

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Android or WinMo ?
    It's WinMo - but to be honest, that isn't the problem.

The SenseUI GUI that HTC have stuck on top is bug ridden shite. There's an issue where a large % of users have messages stuck in their outbox, you have to restart the phone to send them. If you disable Sense and use the WinMo messaging application it works fine. We've had 3 hotfixes for messaging now and it still doesn't work properly.

Replying to a text, with over 20 messages in the conversation results in a RIDICULOUSLY long delay while the conversation loads. Before the hotfix, you couldn't do anything while it loaded, post hotfix, you can type, but once all the messages have loaded the cursor flies off to a random old message.

Radio - rubbish.
    Media Player - rubbish.
    No voice dialling - rubbish. (my 5 year old nokias have this, and it's useful in the car)
    Wierd "always on" data connections which destroy battery life - shit.
    Camera with pink blob - rubbish.

Yes, you can do registry hacks and install 3rd party fixes (mostly from the great guys at XDA developers), but you shouldn't have to. I had to perform a hard reset last weekend and it took 2 hours to get the phone back to a place where it was usable again.

Sorry for going a little O/T Leon, but don't buy an HD2 without properly experiencing one first.
    Last edited by Yakko; 04-02-2010 at 11:15.

Rides
    Yeah just go to the store?

I get 500 mb allowance with O2 PAYG though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakko View Post
    It's WinMo - but to be honest, that isn't the problem.

The SenseUI GUI that HTC have stuck on top is bug ridden shite.
    The Hero also uses the sense GUI tho iirc?
    Last edited by highland; 05-02-2010 at 09:49.

Rides
    Different operating system underneath it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonic View Post
    You asked 3 to cancel and they canceled? how you do that? I have been fighting for months with them to cancel my contract!
    It took me an hour on the 'phone to a call centre in Mumbai (and a very strong resolve) to get a PAC code from them when I wanted to leave the 3 network

Rides
    What?