Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paranormal/supernatural/ghosts etc..

Rides
    I was working with a security guard one shift when he told me a story about his family living in Malta in his early childhood. Apparently their next door neighbour’s daughter wasn’t very well at the time. Anyway the mother of the security guard didn’t really think much about it but a couple of weeks after the daughter fell ill, the mother saw the daughter playing outside in the garden.

Thinking she got better she congratulated the neighbour about her daughter getting better. With the blank look on the mothers face she told the security guard’s mother that her daughter passed away the day before.

Quite creepy i thought. If it’s not true it’s a pretty good story.

Rides

Here's the picture I promised, story goes few weeks back my sisters Boyfriends Brother took this picture at a party, the real little girl was apparently crying because another girl was picking on her

Normally id scream fake!!! But the story is true

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clarity View Post

Here's the picture I promised, story goes few weeks back my sisters Boyfriends Brother took this picture at a party, the real little girl was apparently crying because another girl was picking on her

Normally id scream fake!!! But the story is true
    That took a while to spot and all I can say is

Rides
    Holy **** is that actually real

Rides
    This kinda tricks are so easy to make with photoshop , i dont believe until i shoot one myself.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by glen200sx View Post

I doubt it, I've seen these before.
    It could be a double exposure or a photoshop.

Rides
    lol... people see a face on the moon, doesn't mean thats a ghost!

Rides
    That picture reminds me of my mate who lived in his parents house that is around 150 years old. He was given a camera for his birthday years back and took a photo of himself in the mirror, when he got the film back there s a little boy hugging him, it made some kind of magazine and had tests to to prove it hadn't been tampered with, which it hadn't! Sends shivers down my back to see it.

Also sister is big in to this ghost lark and there's a very haunted house near me, been on most haunted and she stayed there, she has a pic with a little hand on her arm.

Rides
    That picture, shopped or not, is creepy.

My mum always said the old farm house she grew up in was haunted. She said that at night it felt like they were being watched. She shared a room with two of her sisters. Years later at a family get together, having never spoken of it before for fear of her sisters taking the piss, she mentioned it. My aunty said that she felt it too and looked one night (they both used to hide under the covers!) to see a man stood in the room in dark clothing and a hat. He turned his head to look at her then walked towards the door and vanished.
    The other sister never felt anything though.

Mum also said that one day, Grandad came in from milking the cows and sat in the kitchen to have breakfast, as she passed him a plate of toast a group of children ran across the landing laughing. They were the only two in the house. Apparently Grandad looked at Mum and said, "well. That was strange. Have we got any jam?"

Rides
    Like a lot of people posting here - I dont believe in parnanormal nonsense. Maybe a better way of putting it is - Until its proven, I refuse to believe.

It doesn't stop me getting scared sh^t*-less - even at the strangest times.
    * Since i've been a kid I have honestly been petrified of the thought of a ghost. I could never sleep in a room with a chair (at hotels and things, I load any chairs with suitcases/turn the chair around etc...) and I can not sit in a room with my back to the door.
    I'm now 30...

I've got goose bumps at the moment

I've not read the stories on this thread. But as for the photo. Its definately creepy. I doubt it can be an accidental double exposure - becasue im assuming any recent photos would have been taken with a digital camera. So it has to be a photoshop - but that means accusing Clarity of lieing... So i'm guessing (hoping) you've been duped into beliving this is a genuine, out of the camera (digital) photo.

Did anyone watch "interview with a poltergiest" on one of the discovery channels recent?
    Dont know why I watched it I knew it would freak me out - and it did... seriously! Was a very compelling accuont of 'happenings' in a house in Enfield (?? Somewhere near) in the 70's.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chef View Post

Did anyone watch "interview with a poltergiest" on one of the discovery channels recent?
    Dont know why I watched it I knew it would freak me out - and it did... seriously! Was a very compelling accuont of 'happenings' in a house in Enfield (?? Somewhere near) in the 70's.
    Didn't that end up been proven to be faked though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist

Rides
    Clarity, I saw that photo a while ago online. Its definitely English (Lambrini!), but do you know if your sister's BF's brother uploaded it to ShitBrix?

http://shitbrix.com/mind****/friendly-portrait

If not, he may of been on a wind-up

Edit - saying that, just noticed you have the original before the cropping/watermark.
    Last edited by Quail; 03-02-2010 at 13:08.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Clarity, I saw that photo a while ago online. Its definitely English (Lambrini!), but do you know if your sister's BF's brother uploaded it to ShitBrix?

http://shitbrix.com/mind****/friendly-portrait

If not, he may of been on a wind-up

Edit - saying that, just noticed you have the original before the cropping/watermark.
    http://www.ghostplace.com/showthread.php?t=34845

http://www.ghostcircle.com/spiritphotos/Ghostchild.htm

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marko14a View Post
    Didn't that end up been proven to be faked though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist
    Dont think the whole thing has been proven fake:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    ...at least 26 [paranormal events] of which the investigators considered could not be accounted for by fraud. These included movement of small and large objects, interference with bedclothes, pools of water on the floor, apparitions, physical assaults, graffiti, equipment malfunction and failure, spontaneous combustion, disappearance and reappearance of objects, and apparent levitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Among other alleged phenomena they witnessed was Janet speaking using her false vocal folds for hours on end (which is believed to be medically impossible), while she was apparently possessed by another entity.
    What is interesting is the family admitted to fake some of the events to see if the investigators were able to spot the 'fakes' from the 'real'. - Not saying that either proves, or dis-proves anything but is a pretty cunning double bluff.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clarity View Post
    [story goes few weeks back my sisters Boyfriends Brother took this picture
    I would be more shocked that your brother took this picture a few weeks back ... yet its been around since at least 2008

and from this you conclude ghosts ? ...... I would conclude shadows caused from time travel and the camera picking up images from years ago

But here we have it ... proof of time travel

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Django67 View Post
    Good thread.

I don't believe in any of this stuff and it will need some hard (observable, repeatable) evidence to convince me otherwise.

However, I do absolutely love a good ghost story - so please keep them coming.

Yeahs it's odd. I don't believe in them the slightest, but i like the stories

Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    lol... people see a face on the moon, doesn't mean thats a ghost!
    People see faces on toast

Gonna be a bit controversial now and say... No more drugs for any of you
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 03-02-2010 at 13:43.

Rides
    I think to be honest it's very small minded and unbeliveably arrogant to think that humans know all there is to know about paranormal stuff but then I think all religion is utter shite and you may aswell belive in a flying egg plant guru as you can't prove that doesn't exist either

Rides
    I think to be honest it's very small minded and unbeliveably arrogant to think that humans know all there is to know about paranormal stuff but then I think all religion is utter shite
    I do find it rather odd that people can believe in ghosts, but not in a god and vice versa... errr, so you can have an afterlife, but you cant have any form of hierarchical management in it

Thats why I call bollocks to all of it ...... but then as has been said, I still enjoy the stories, as I love unexplained stuff

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I would be more shocked that your brother took this picture a few weeks back ... yet its been around since at least 2008
    Aha!

http://yourturn.courierpress.com/Med....aspx?id=56053

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

and from this you conclude ghosts ? ...... I would conclude shadows caused from time travel and the camera picking up images from years ago

But here we have it ... proof of time travel
    Seems my sisters new Boyfriends brother is full of shit