Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your 'Home Cinema' setups!!

Rides
    Not a good place to have a room stat lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    Not a good place to have a room stat lol
    No, it will get moved when I have the central heating replaced. I just don't understand why the hell someone decided to stick it right in the middle of a wall

Rides
    Must have been a friday build lol

Rides
    Nice setup Vidal Babboon - looks like you've done a nice job with the integrated fireplace/cabinet

Ben - again, nice The Monitors are lovely speakers. Are they silver? Look that way in the picture, but never seen them in a silver finish??

Agree about the room stat, don't know about your PX60, but my G10 has the exhaust fans pointing right where your stat is!!

Rides
    Yes they're silver finish.

The bottom of the stat has a lot of heat tape under it - same stuff you'd use under the bonnet of your car

I want to do the whole false wall thing next, I have an understairs cupboard behind the TV where all the AV gear could be relocated into a nice rack...

Rides
    Ben i have the Logitech Harmony One and the PS3 adapter.. At the moment its my fav gadget i have replaced 6 remotes with it and love the macros. Just wish i could define my own in the software.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTaylor200 View Post
    Yes they're silver finish.

The bottom of the stat has a lot of heat tape under it - same stuff you'd use under the bonnet of your car

I want to do the whole false wall thing next, I have an understairs cupboard behind the TV where all the AV gear could be relocated into a nice rack...

Do it

My next setup is going to be completely remote, there is not much storage space in this house so was easier to built it the way i have.

All i want in the next house is the TV recessed into the wall and nothing else, it's going to involve a fair bit of demolition and some serious re engineering but im determined to do it now lol

Also recessing/hiding the speakers as far as possible

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ZXSpectrum View Post
    Ben i have the Logitech Harmony One and the PS3 adapter.. At the moment its my fav gadget i have replaced 6 remotes with it and love the macros. Just wish i could define my own in the software.
    Can you program the remote to duplicate all functions on the other remotes ?

What is the PS3 adaptor you talk of ?

Rides
    Can you program the remote to duplicate all functions on the other remotes ?

What is the PS3 adaptor you talk of ?
    You can make it do anything the original remote can do. If Logitech don't have all the discrete codes in their online database then you can just learn them off the remote.

The PS3 adapter is a little black box that translates IR into Bluetooth for you so you get full 'PS button' functionality from the remote.

Rides
    Heres mine!

Wow the iphone camera is sooooo rubbish!

Rides
    My set ups are cheap, but effective

In my main living room I have a flat widescreen Sony CRT hooked up to a DVD player and a Freeview box with built in hard drives, playing through a JVC stereo with simulated surround sound...

Even thought the surround sound is simulated, it is surprisingly rather good. As I live in a flat, I can't crank the volume up too much anyway without disturbing the neighbours below, so it works well.

In my second living room, I have a flat widescreen JVC CRT, hooked up to a surround sound DVD player...

This is in the loft, I can crank it up to 11 and enjoy it without disturbing any neighbours

Rides
    Nice setup Halsy

Mine is still work in progress but im 90% happy with it now.

Samsung 42" plasma
    Acoustic energy aegis Evo 3 5.1 system
    Sony DA1200ES Home cinema amplifier/decoder
    Sony PS3 (used as Home media system and games console)
    Sky+HD
    Samsung DVH HD860 DVD player
    Marantz CD360 Special edition CD player
    Sony PS2
    Regulated power supply with built in filter for all appliances requiring power.

Custom built cabinet and false wall setup (full ventilation within)

Wont bore you with all the leads info lol

Very happy with the system now,im looking to replace the rear speakers with something that can be recessed into the wall rather than having bookshelf speakers as they look hideous in all honesty.
    Once i find something that is compatible i will buy 2 stets and change from 5.1 to 7.1 and may even go 7.2 if i can get a matching sub for decent money.

I had a Bose setup before but it just couldn't produce the depth required for a dam good action film and volume wise the auto reduction really got on my tits

the false wall idea is what im planning on doing it looks great btw

Rides
    heres a quick pic of mine....

Will be wall mounted in my room eventually. but this will do for now

LG 42LF66 1080P LCD tv
    Samsung AV-R720 Amp (can run hdmi but i cant get it to work... need to sset it up properly for my room but ill do that once i move it)
    Samsung DVD-HD850 upscaling DVD player (HDMI)
    Xbox 360 elite.
    Nintendo Wii (mums)
    Sky, not hd or + unfortunately.
    All running through Tannoy EFX 5.1 speaker package, stuck to the walls in silly places with 3m command strips lol.

Rides
    like your stand ferret, here is my setup. I was only a student and dont have a house etc so i figure this will always be my bedroom setup then when i get my own place ill work on something bigger. So for now i have:

Samsung 32" 720p 100hz tv
    Samsung DVD player with HDMI upscaling and 5.1 surround (centre speaker on top of xbox)
    XBox 360
    XBox HD-DVD player (you know how we do!)
    and to garnish a Japanese sweetie box to cover the light on the power back as it keeps me up a Mercedes CLK GTR and a Peugeot 908 HDi FAP

Hoping to move onto 1080p or something that will be 3dtv compatable when i move on from this but think it does pretty well for the bedroom.

Rides
    here is my set up. the boombox in the corner is actually home to a media centre PC that runs my tv and all my media through windows 7 media center software.

I just upgrade all the internals this weekend with a new processor, motherboard, ram, funky graphics and sound... I'll get more build pics up when i can.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrodave View Post
    here is my set up. the boombox in the corner is actually home to a media centre PC that runs my tv and all my media through windows 7 media center software.
    i actually dont think ive ever seen a cooler errr thing i guess, is it a gadget? did you build it yourself or was it just a snazzy pc case?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    i actually dont think ive ever seen a cooler errr thing i guess, is it a gadget? did you build it yourself or was it just a snazzy pc case?
    cheers dude, it was originally a Hitachi ghetto blaster from the 1980's, here's the thread from the original build some time ago...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...hlight=boombox

It's just gone through a major revamp and has a few more things to go yet, works very nicely though!

Rides
    that is badass!! Good with general pc building then i guess? Ill get a pic up of my home cinema if my iphone works.

Rides
    That boom box is awesome!!!

Rides
    My Little setup

This is my claimed games room (was going to be a garden room but I got my way )