Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your 'Home Cinema' setups!!

Rides

Show us your 'Home Cinema' setups!!

There's been quite a bit of talk on here recently of Home Cinema stuff, and I know there are quite a few interested on here, so thought it would be nice to show your kit off

Here's a few of mine, I apologise for the barrell distortion (couldn't get far enough away without one of the sofas being in the way), and also the blue cast on the screen in the last shot, I took that under incandescent lighting, and when corrected it sent the screen blue!!

Anyway:

Panasonic TXP50G10 50" Plasma (took delivery of that on xmas eve )
    Sony BDP-S360 Blu Ray player
    Silverstone HTPC
    Xbox 360 Elite
    Sky+ HD
    Yamaha RX-V640RDS AV receiver
    Acoustic Energy Aesprit AE309's & AE307 with Gale bi-polar rears
    Ikea Besta unit with fan controller
    Logitech Harmony 885 remote

Very happy with my setup which has evolved gradually over the last 5 years. The 50G10 is my latest addition (well, that and the Sony BDP) and I'm very happy with it. Still running it in so keeping the contrast & brightness low in that time, but it looks great, even poor SD broadcasts look OK as long as you're not too close. The blacks & shadow detail are awesome.

Next for me will be a new amp to take advantage of the HD soundtracks from my BDP, and also to neaten up the wiring. Could also do with upgrading my rear speakers, and ideally would go for a pair of Acoustic Energy AE301's to match the fronts (although they are now discontinued), or some better bipolars.

I also need to modify my IR repeator to add another emitter as it only had 3 wired in, but now I need 4!! I'm also not so happy about having the Xbox on top of the unit as I prefer it uncluttered as possible (the router is only out as it always needs resetting!), but I've ran out of room after getting the BDP. I may end up moving my HTPC upstairs, and wiring it multiroom, which would free up some space. That or a bigger cabinet!

Oh and there's a little bit of tidying still to do, namely running the HDMI in properly that you can see poking out of the TV, that was a quick fix to get my BDP up & running!

Anyway, don't be shy, lets see some pics from the rest of you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallsy View Post

Anyway, don't be shy, lets see some pics from the rest of you
    Ok then, but I think you have me beat. Infact the only component I can name correctly is my xbox 360. The tv is that poor I can't make out the writing on in game menus.

Rides
    Cool setup. Is that a dedicated 'Home Cinema' room or do you watch all your regular TV on there too?

Rides
    Hallsy, youre looks so neat right now!!!

Mine is only temporary as i need to get a wall mount and speaker stands so the tv can go in my room, and to build some big cabinets form my dvd's and so it can hold my av amps etc...

Ill get pics up when im not about to fall asleep! lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Cool setup. Is that a dedicated 'Home Cinema' room or do you watch all your regular TV on there too?
    nah, I just watch everything there.

Rides
    very nice mate, mines just a tv with a recorder and ps3 at the mo cant wait till i can move to house with real walls.

hopefully il have my surround system before i move so i can get all the wiring done before the floors go down aswell.

Rides
    Mine is currently a work in progress: so far:

18ft square cellar I have lined with sound insulation and plaster board, wired for 6.1 surround, as soon as I have my living room finnished (all the wiring is done in the cellar ceiling) I will crack on and get it finnished (just needs the ceiling doing and decorating)

hopefully be running about a 7ft screen with 1080p projector and I have a yamaha dts amp and full set of mission m7 series speakers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkz View Post

Rides

here's a uber crap iPhone pic of my setup while I'm waiting,

50" Samsung Plasma screen 1080p
    ps3
    home built media center (windows 7)
    yamaha dts amp
    mission m73i's either side of the fire
    bullmastiff on rug

Rides
    Dunkz - awesome setup, I can see why you've not felt the need to upgrade anything in 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by ferretca18 View Post
    Hallsy, youre looks so neat right now!!!

Mine is only temporary as i need to get a wall mount and speaker stands so the tv can go in my room, and to build some big cabinets form my dvd's and so it can hold my av amps etc...

Ill get pics up when im not about to fall asleep! lol
    Cool It'll be neater when I run the latest HDMI in properly, and also do something with the Xbox. It's still a bit of a spiders nest behind the unit, even though I've tried tidying it many times!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    very nice mate, mines just a tv with a recorder and ps3 at the mo cant wait till i can move to house with real walls.

hopefully il have my surround system before i move so i can get all the wiring done before the floors go down aswell.
    Thanks I still need to run my rear cabling in properly, but it'll be run under the upstairs floorboards then down again, need to run my sky cables in as well. At the moment they run along the skirting.

Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Mine is currently a work in progress: so far:

18ft square cellar I have lined with sound insulation and plaster board, wired for 6.1 surround, as soon as I have my living room finnished (all the wiring is done in the cellar ceiling) I will crack on and get it finnished (just needs the ceiling doing and decorating)

hopefully be running about a 7ft screen with 1080p projector and I have a yamaha dts amp and full set of mission m7 series speakers
    Sounds great mate, I wish I had a spare room for a proper setup. I thought about a PJ before I bought the Panny, but tbh, they're too compromised for everyday viewing and I didn't have the cash to buy a new plasma AND a PJ!

Lounge setup looks nice as well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkz View Post
    You're one lucky guy to have that kind of setup. I mean could Hallsy lift weights whilst listening to a cassette?

Rides
    @ hallsy, you missed the candles from your spec, care to elaborate?

Rides
    @ hallsy, you missed the candles from your spec, care to elaborate?
    its the pikey equivelent of Ambilight

Rides
    Hallsy - thanks for the comments, I forgot to say yours looks sweet is that a 50 inch aswell? I love mind for normal tv viewing, I took the picture while sitting in my "spot" it's about 15ft from the screen and it's just the perfect size

would be even better if the house wasn't a building site (knocked down 3walls to get a near square room, it's straight above the cellar so mirrors what will be the cinema/gaming room, and the blockwork used to be a massive archway)

Rides
    You're one lucky guy to have that kind of setup. I mean could Hallsy lift weights whilst listening to a cassette?
    Not likely!! Maybe he uses it with a dance along aerobic VHS?

And as for the candles.................they were a gift so I can't give you the spec

DLowe - yeah, it's a 50". I was going to settle for a 46" (missus wanted 42"), but I went for it in the end, and glad I did. I was used to it within no time, my main seating distance is around 12', as you say, spot on

Rides
    Hallsy - Are they Ikea units? If so what make and what is the heat like inside when the doors are closed? Also what IR emitters do you use and where are they placed outside the cabnits?

I will post a pic of mine up in a few months as have just started on my front room. It's gonna take a while as it's being gutted right now. I hope that the end effect will be impressive.

Rides
    Exactly, for the mega observant of you lot you'll notice the corner of my DVD player poking out just above the top of the left hand stereo speaker. No expenses spared here lads.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a picture of the setup in my garage, that'll make you all jealous.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    Hallsy - Are they Ikea units? If so what make and what is the heat like inside when the doors are closed? Also what IR emitters do you use and where are they placed outside the cabnits?

I will post a pic of mine up in a few months as have just started on my front room. It's gonna take a while as it's being gutted right now. I hope that the end effect will be impressive.
    Yeah, it's an Ikea Besta unit. Pretty cheap iirc.

I used a cheap IR emitter kit from ebay, similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Remote-Control...item3358bef500

Trouble is, it only has 3 emitters, but I am going to buy a single emitter and wire it in parallel with the others.

It does get pretty hot in the cabinet, pretty quickly which is why I installed some fans & a controller. It doesn't go above 28 'C in there now.

Here's a link to my cabinet mods: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=fans

Rides
    Nice setup Halsy

Mine is still work in progress but im 90% happy with it now.

Samsung 42" plasma
    Acoustic energy aegis Evo 3 5.1 system
    Sony DA1200ES Home cinema amplifier/decoder
    Sony PS3 (used as Home media system and games console)
    Sky+HD
    Samsung DVH HD860 DVD player
    Marantz CD360 Special edition CD player
    Sony PS2
    Regulated power supply with built in filter for all appliances requiring power.

Custom built cabinet and false wall setup (full ventilation within)

Wont bore you with all the leads info lol

Very happy with the system now,im looking to replace the rear speakers with something that can be recessed into the wall rather than having bookshelf speakers as they look hideous in all honesty.
    Once i find something that is compatible i will buy 2 stets and change from 5.1 to 7.1 and may even go 7.2 if i can get a matching sub for decent money.

I had a Bose setup before but it just couldn't produce the depth required for a dam good action film and volume wise the auto reduction really got on my tits
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    My setup:

Panasonic TH42PX60
    PS3
    Pioneer DVD-230 DVD Recorder
    Couple of cable boxes, a VCR and a printer...

Amp is a Denon AVC-A10SE
    Speakers are Monitor Audio RS6, RS-LCR and RS-FX
    Sub is BK XLS200

Also got a Logitech Harmony One remote with the PS3 adapter