Page 109 of 128 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2554

Thread: My S14a build

Rides
    I just sat for two hours reading this entire thread :P Love the work and your car.

Just for fun, you wouldnt know of any Navan skirts and a kouki spoiler for sale that could be shipped to Norway? Its a bitch to find that here.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by carlern View Post
    I just sat for two hours reading this entire thread :P Love the work and your car.

Just for fun, you wouldnt know of any Navan skirts and a kouki spoiler for sale that could be shipped to Norway? Its a bitch to find that here.
    Thanks buddy.

It took me a while to hunt down the side skirts and the spoiler. I'll keep my eyes open.

Rides
    Got a dog recently so the car hasn't been touched.

On Saturday night I was browsing ebay and did something I never usually do, I bid on something I know nothing about lol.

Got this welder which can do gasless or with gas for a nice price. It's only 90amps but it will be fine for me to learn with and do some sheet metal.

So to keep myself safe I've bought these:

and this:

Now I need to get some sheet metal to practice on and some gas and welding wire.
    Last edited by Daz; 03-03-2014 at 09:28.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by carlern View Post

You can buy replica skirts new and very high quality. I can't think of the company name right now but if you look up who did the kit for the DW86 you'll find them. Magic something or other.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Now I need to get some sheet metal to practice on and some gas and welding wire.
    And some clamps and snips

If thats not been run on gas it will need the regulator etc as well. Looks like you are spending some time in Machine Mart
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    And some clamps and snips

If thats not been run on gas it will need the regulator etc as well. Looks like you are spending some time in Machine Mart
    Yup, need those as well lol.

Not only will I need all those bits but I'll need some time on youtube to learn how to do it lol.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Cheers Mark. That's my lunchtime reading sorted for today .

Rides
    I've got the same welder Daz, I've had it for maybe a year and a 1/2. Good bit of kit. I found that the majority of the time you can have it on setting 2 and max and you can weld anything on a 200. Maybe 2 and min if it is thin stuff. Also get a few more .6mm tips and shrouds for the end. Also steer clear of the machine mart argon and co2 mix. Never had a good bottle. Halfrauds and machine mart sell the same bottles of co2.

Try to get a few bits of scrap from a local firm or eBay of you really want to. Just have a go and see how it feels

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jackm View Post
    I've got the same welder Daz, I've had it for maybe a year and a 1/2. Good bit of kit. I found that the majority of the time you can have it on setting 2 and max and you can weld anything on a 200. Maybe 2 and min if it is thin stuff. Also get a few more .6mm tips and shrouds for the end. Also steer clear of the machine mart argon and co2 mix. Never had a good bottle. Halfrauds and machine mart sell the same bottles of co2.

Try to get a few bits of scrap from a local firm or eBay of you really want to. Just have a go and see how it feels
    Ah nice. Yeah, it seems it's pretty weak but only doing thin metal so it will do, even just to learn with.

Where are you getting your gas bottles from if you don't use halfords or machine mart? tips and shrouds, where are you getting those as well?

I will be getting some metal to test on, there's no way I will practice on the 200 lol.

Rides
    Oh I meant that the argon/co2 mix is bad.

Halfords and machine mart are fine. Can get it a tad cheaper with trade discount at halfords tho. Same I get the shrouds and tips from machine mart as it's just easy

Yeh I'd also say you will learn that welding 2 bits of nice nee steel is a lot easier than 15+ year old Nissan and new steel. Doesn't like it sometimes. Also the positions you have to get into. Mine was all done on axle stands. Not easy!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jackm View Post
    Oh I meant that the argon/co2 mix is bad.

Halfords and machine mart are fine. Can get it a tad cheaper with trade discount at halfords tho. Same I get the shrouds and tips from machine mart as it's just easy

Yeh I'd also say you will learn that welding 2 bits of nice nee steel is a lot easier than 15+ year old Nissan and new steel. Doesn't like it sometimes. Also the positions you have to get into. Mine was all done on axle stands. Not easy!
    Right gotcha. I'll get the stuff from Halfords then and will get a mate to grab the tips and shrouds from Machine Mart as it's close to him.

The first batch will be in the engine bay so hopefully won't be too bad to do.

Rides
    Spent quite a few hours reading this all the way through, awesome progress and look forward to seeing what is next!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by liamjrhodes View Post
    Spent quite a few hours reading this all the way through, awesome progress and look forward to seeing what is next!

Tiny post tonight.

Removed the air con from the airbox under the dash. It's a shame to have to refit an empty box back under the dash as it takes up so much room but there's no way to attach the fan without it.

Nice to see the heating is bringing in fresh air lol. This was in the area after the filter lol.

Rides
    Looks like great stuff to breathe in, keep up the good work mate.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Just read this from start to finish quality build and car! Inspires me to sort mine out

Rides
    How hard is it to remove the airbox? I have stripped ll the AC stuff out of the bay and just have this to do now!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    Looks like great stuff to breathe in, keep up the good work mate.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Probably as bad as this Saharan sand we currently have lol.

Quote Originally Posted by danjvandyke View Post
    Just read this from start to finish quality build and car! Inspires me to sort mine out
    Cheers .
    Quote Originally Posted by liamjrhodes View Post
    How hard is it to remove the airbox? I have stripped ll the AC stuff out of the bay and just have this to do now!
    Not sure how hard it is with the dash in as we had taken the dashboard out of mine.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post

Tiny post tonight.

Removed the air con from the airbox under the dash. It's a shame to have to refit an empty box back under the dash as it takes up so much room but there's no way to attach the fan without it.

Nice to see the heating is bringing in fresh air lol. This was in the area after the filter lol.

Good work mate!

You don't by any chance know if the pollen/cabin filter is easily enough accessible without taking the whole unit out do ya? Tried finding my filter a few times and gave up in the end lol

Cheers

Ry

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    Good work mate!

You don't by any chance know if the pollen/cabin filter is easily enough accessible without taking the whole unit out do ya? Tried finding my filter a few times and gave up in the end lol

Cheers

Ry
    I don't even know where the pollen filter is .