Thread: Rear pads advice

Rides

Rear pads advice

Hi there,

I have a S14a with standard brakes, front and rear with Project Mu slotted discs front and Type NR front. On the rear OEM disc and redstuff pads.

I plan to get from you slotted Brembo discs for the rear and I am not so happy with the redstuff pads in drift practices : the wheels are not so easy to lock compare to my previous type NR pads, so I would like to change them aswell. I saw on the website the DS2500.

Is it the only other pads for the rear that you can have, apart from the EBC stuff ? What about the carbotech, Performance friction, Porterfield or Pro mu ? Could you propose them and which one would you advice for drift practice and fast road use with a 300bhp S14 with standard size brakes ?

Thanks

Rides
    Hi,

We have Project MU D1 drift rear pads in stock, £80.50. Especially designs for drift work

Rides
    hello bren,

Thank you for the advice. But I forgot to tell you that I am also doing grip during trackdays. The D1 spec is OK until 380°C only which is a bit low for grip I think. Don't you have other possibilities ? (apart from DS2500)

THanks

Rides
    You cant get a pad that is going to be excellent for both grip and drifting. If you are serious about drifting then Id fit a 300ZX/Skyline GTST rear brake conversion so you can run track pads int he caliper but still have an excellent handbrake for drifting.

Using the original calipers you need to decide what is most important to you and spec the pads to meet those needs. If you are more concerned about track performance than drift then pick a track pads like the DS2500. Or we have the Project MU NS in stock at £80.50.

Rides
    Hello Bren,

The DS2500 are quite expensive and I heard good things about the Yellowstuff.

Could you get rear Yellowstuff pads for S14a standard calipers ? What would be the price ?

Thanks !

Rides
    £42.12 for the Yellowstuff rear pads