Thread: replacing clutch slave!

Rides

replacing clutch slave!

i have just replaced my clutch slave cylinder after a slight cone problem now i cant get i slave to bleed at all, any ideas??

Rides
    also the clutch pedal just drop's to the fllor and have to pull it to get it back up!

Rides
    the clutch pedal will drop to the floor as there is no pressure from the clutch to push it back. It stays on the floor as its has a spring on it.

try undoing the clutch line from the slave cylinder and then pump the clutch and you should fill the pipework back up with fluid, then reattach it and bleed as normal.
    Someone may have a better and more logical way to do it but this is how we had to do my housemates brakes on his rx7.

Rides
    so un-bolt the black hose that comes of the slave and then keep pumping the pedal until fluid starts coming out correct???

Rides
    yeah, at least that way you know the pipework isn't blocked and its then full of fluid.

Rides
    what is that silver box that is inline with the clutch slave??? the bleed nipple on there has fluid coming out when i un-bolt that one!
    Last edited by D34NO; 16-12-2009 at 20:51. Reason: i cant spell!

Rides
    do you mean this
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...rx/ps13056.jpg

if fluid is in there then it must be almost in the slave cylinder. Maybe just check the new slave cylinder is free of grit. Do what i said above as well that way you know all the pipework has fluid in.

Rides
    yeah that thing on the right of the pic what is that for??

Like i said i will try that tomorrow when i get home from work!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by D34NO View Post
    yeah that thing on the right of the pic what is that for??
    Kid of clutch damper. It makes clutch feel "nice" and make bleed process pain in the ...
    You can disconnect it and connect hose from master cylinder to slave directly.
    You will not see the difference.

Or if not start the bleeding from this dumper and when there is no air bubless go to slave cylinder. Its time and fluid consuming process.

Or buy bleed tool and you can finish everything in no time. I think its not to expensive.

Rides

bleedin' clutch

bleed from top to bottom
    1. bleed nipple on master cylinder
    2. bleed nipple on damper
    3. bleed nipple on slave

Might be worth cleaning the reservoir before you start as you'll contaminate any fresh fluid with the muck in there let alone pump it all through the system! The plastic cylinder comes off easily by undoing clamp and wiggling it off. Well worth doing.
    In an ideal world you'd have a vacuum brake bleeder that runs off a compressor. You can bleed a whole newly built system, calipers, pipes etc in 5 minutes!

Rides
    Fill it from the bottom is the easiest way, clean sealed oil squirting can, fill with brake fluid, attach a little pipe from that to the bleed nipple on the slave, open the bleed nipple, open the master cylinder lid and start pumping, air will come out of the master, when no more air slave, pipes and master full, job done!

Rides
    thanks all for your posts and help! will let you know how i get on looks like its a job for saturday unless i finish early tomorrow