Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snowboarding thread

Rides
    nice, think we can probably fabricate some kind of helmet mount or similar
    Last edited by MaccyD; 28-12-2011 at 18:04.

Rides
    Depending on which kit he got, it may have come with some self adhesive mounts I used the mount that they put attach it to in the box and cable ties to strap it to my backpack strap

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aideo View Post
    3 WEEKS TO GO !!

Cannot wait, all sorted now. Just need a few more bits, some new thermals, a back pack and some anti fog inserts for the gopro. Toying with the idea of buying one of these ..

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/pro...s&siteid=77476

.. Never worn anything other than a helmet and impact shorts but wanting to push myself a bit this year and add some fun stuff to my repetoire rather than just riding a to b. Do any of you guys wear armour of anysort. Or is it overkill for someone who isnt going to go extreme.

I've been looking at getting something like that, anybody had any experience?

Rides
    Where's the best, (ie cheapest!), place to book a package deal, don't care where to, looking to go around 21st Jan but it's all confusing me! Never booked a holiday before

Alex B

Rides
    Have a look on Crystal mate, they're good we've been with them loads of times, in fact we're going tomorrow

I've just had a quick look on Crystal for holidays there's quite a few with flights from Bristol to Italy (which is my country of choice ) ranging from self catering to a catered chalet
    Last edited by JuZ; 06-01-2012 at 08:00.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Where's the best, (ie cheapest!), place to book a package deal, don't care where to, looking to go around 21st Jan but it's all confusing me! Never booked a holiday before

Alex B
    Have a look on Igluski.com and see what deals are around, you should be able to get a good last minute deal for a catered chalet I would have thought.

Juz - have fun, I'm not going until the 19th Feb... I can't wait

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post

Juz - have fun, I'm not going until the 19th Feb... I can't wait
    I'm going again 10th March

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JuZ View Post
    I'm going again 10th March
    You little... only one trip for me again this year although I can't complain as I'm off to Lanzarote in May for a bit of surfing

Have to catch up at some point as I haven't seen you in ages, hope all is good.

Rides
    i was watching ski sunday yeaterday and saw this it reminds me of why extrme sports are so amazing

triple rodeo you have prob all seen it been into snowboarding but its awasoem

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Haha! I saw that too Shame ski sunday is full of skiers trying to get down the same run a millionth of a second faster than the other guy boooooring! Worth it for the slopestyle segment though...

Can't wait till I can go again! Probably winter 2012/13 though... Unless something major happens financially between now and end of season.

Rides
    I saw that as well and instantly thought wow. I would love to be able to do that.

Rides
    Im off skiing early March and cant wait, off to Manchesters Slope at the weekend me thinks

Rides
    Enjoyed Cham so much in December that we're going again in Feb.

Happy days.

Rides
    hello boarders

im a boarding noob but last week passed my level four at xscape so im looking for my own equipment.

im looking for board, boots and bindings. any brands i should stay clear of? brands i know of are lib tech, burton, solomon, k2 etc...

im 5'8" so i want about a 156 board? or shorter?

any help/advice will be much appreciated

oh and myself and three of my mates will be looking for a snowboarding holiday jan2013 in the alps so weres best to go? with good nightlife

Rides
    For boots, I'd go to a decent shop and try on as many as you can - they are very subjective depending on the shape / width of your foot. If you go to somewhere that sells a lot of them, they will know how to fit them properly and which brands suit which foot types

For a board - 156 is probably about right - that's what I started on, but I think now they do it on weight and riding type rather than height. If you want an easy life, a lot of the stores do a board + bindings package Ask at the shop as to what they recommend - but most of the brands sold in UK stores will be OK, as long as you avoid the £59.99 end of the market Don't forget you'll also need a board bag to carry it round in

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ads.r View Post
    brands i know of are lib tech, burton, solomon, k2 etc...
    Why does everyone spell this wrong?! Its Salomon Brands are personal choice really. Personally, I won't buy anything Burton - no real reason other than they're probably the biggest ergo, I want to support someone else! I do like Capita and Endeavor boards though. Capita did an awesome one a few years ago called the BSOD. Stood for "Black Snowboard Of Death" Guy I know bought one and he said it was so fast and responsive, it did almost kill him!

Quote Originally Posted by ads.r View Post
    oh and myself and three of my mates will be looking for a snowboarding holiday jan2013 in the alps so weres best to go? with good nightlife
    MOOOOOORZINE!!!! But then thats virtually the only place I've been to. No real reason to go elsewhere - its a lot cheaper than some of the others (Chamonix for one!!) I have friends and family who live there, slopes range from nursery to a black world cup downhill run. Plenty for everyone. In the middle of the Portes-du-Soleil region, you have access to 650km of pistes, hectares of back country, loads of board parks (12 I think) 2 countries (with right to roam without your passport - just make sure you're back in the country you started in before the lifts close!!!) and a fantastic nightlife in Morzine town itself - recommend the Buddha Bar for a good night out

Rides
    morzine it is then lol

in that case im going to look for new boots and a second hand board and bindings. i keep checking ebay for what comes up but i think i may be better waiting till spring.

ideally dont want to spend more than £150 on secondhand board and bindings. does that sound reasonable?

Rides
    Prices in shops and on ebay will drop right off when the current season ends - you'll get some bargains if you aren't in a huge rush

Rides
    Billy is the first person to nail a triple rodeo on film...was late november/december just gone I think

Oh I have a fair few jackets for snowboarding/ski if anyone wants.....Some worn as little as once! PM me if anyone needs anything cheap clothing wise......Got snowboard pants too

Rides
    Flying out to Chamonix for a week tomorrow.

Hopefully it'll snow a bit less than December.