Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My black s14a build diary

Rides
    this car looks amazing, i miss my 14a

Rides
    Cars stunning, see you at come when the big ends went... Didn't realise you were local either
    Also got a couple of pictures of you car on track
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8663354&type=3

Rides
    Thanks for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by Spot_on_jon View Post
    Cars stunning, see you at come when the big ends went... Didn't realise you were local either
    Also got a couple of pictures of you car on track
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8663354&type=3
    Photo's are awesome, cheers can't believe how low the rear looks on track though

Jon was I chatting to after on the sxoc stand?

Rides
    Does look awesome on track... I'm sure I've seen it a couple of time up Combe.

Yeah I did ask you what was wrong with it at the time, was with another mate who had the white and black 14 with pro garage down it

Rides
    Looks awesome I'd have mine back in an instant if someone could pick up all the bills for me.

Rides
    There was a stand at japfest selling headlight tint film, I bought some, it's not too dark, just takes the glare off the standard chrome, would look really good on yours.

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot_on_jon View Post
    Does look awesome on track... I'm sure I've seen it a couple of time up Combe.

Yeah I did ask you what was wrong with it at the time, was with another mate who had the white and black 14 with pro garage down it
    Yea, I go to the action days and japfest at Combe and usually on track too. Ah right, I probably looked stressed/ upset! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Looks awesome I'd have mine back in an instant if someone could pick up all the bills for me.
    Cheers mate Thats the problem with these things there costly, but worth every penny when they work!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    There was a stand at japfest selling headlight tint film, I bought some, it's not too dark, just takes the glare off the standard chrome, would look really good on yours.

Alex B
    I do like the look of yours alex, do you know what the company was called? I been looking at the stuff from LaminX so could be the same?

Rides
    I've got their business card on my desk, I'll have a look asap and let you know.

Alex B

Rides
    I've got their business card on my desk, I'll have a look asap and let you know.

Alex B
    Awesome cheers

Rides
    good updates mate. Been a busy bee. You have any more pictures of the fuse box relocation? I've start stripping mine back to move it and worked out what needs extending...i Think! Any pictures will be great!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Awesome cheers

It wass JDM Powered.com, think it was £15 for a metre x 18"

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud180 View Post
    good updates mate. Been a busy bee. You have any more pictures of the fuse box relocation? I've start stripping mine back to move it and worked out what needs extending...i Think! Any pictures will be great!
    Cheers mate, im still a bit behind, i forgot to take photos when working on it! Yea ill grab some this week, just working out how to position the fusebox neatly in the glovebox as its a bit tight!

It wass JDM Powered.com, think it was £15 for a metre x 18"

Alex B
    Cheers for the link alex, seems pretty cheap too how does it apply? Does it go around corners easily? As want to do my indicators and fogs again.

Rides
    How many did you end up extending? I found a couple of pic of people's boxes behind air bag which is cool. And a carbon plated setup in glove box. We shall see. Did you terminate all the ones u cut or just solder then directly together and heat shrink?

Rides
    Cheers mate, im still a bit behind, i forgot to take photos when working on it! Yea ill grab some this week, just working out how to position the fusebox neatly in the glovebox as its a bit tight!

Cheers for the link alex, seems pretty cheap too how does it apply? Does it go around corners easily? As want to do my indicators and fogs again.
    Sorry did reply to this a few days ago, then computer went spastic and wiped it all!

It's pretty easy, it's triple layered, so you clean the light, scrape it with a stanley blade to get anything off thats really stuck, then peel the backing off, start sticking the tint on, heating it with a hot air gun and press it on with a soft plastic spreader, (filler spreader would work, but they gave me a proper spreader with the tint), you can heat it quite a bit, but remember to allow for the tint shrinking, (I didn't and it ended up slightly short of totally covering the sidelight!), it forms round the lights really well, it's worth taking your time though, I rushed mine and if it was anything other than a track car I'd redo it as I got a couple of little creases around the edge. Then when you're done peel the top layer off and you're done.

I did my indicators, side repeaters and rear fog with spray tint, though that wouldn't work on glass lights.

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud180 View Post
    How many did you end up extending? I found a couple of pic of people's boxes behind air bag which is cool. And a carbon plated setup in glove box. We shall see. Did you terminate all the ones u cut or just solder then directly together and heat shrink?
    I extending all the wires for one side of the lighting loom (drivers side), also the rad fan, I relocated the horns to the passenger wing as they needed extending and I wanted to keep it as neat as possible rather than running another cable to the front. The temperature gauge sensor I moved next to the air filter so I wouldn't have to extend it and it could read intake temps instead.

I moved the battery into the boot at the same time, so had to run a cable to the alternator from the fuse box and also one from the fuse box to the battery, (along with one from the stater to the battery).

I stripped the loom down as much as possible by removing the cable for the fogs, the headlight and rear washer pumps.

I still need to sort out how to fit the fusebox into the glovebox neatly so that the fuses are still accessible as at the moment it fits but a bit messy for me! I think I have an idea.

I'll grab some photo's at the weekend so you can see better what I did.

Sorry did reply to this a few days ago, then computer went spastic and wiped it all!

It's pretty easy, it's triple layered, so you clean the light, scrape it with a stanley blade to get anything off thats really stuck, then peel the backing off, start sticking the tint on, heating it with a hot air gun and press it on with a soft plastic spreader, (filler spreader would work, but they gave me a proper spreader with the tint), you can heat it quite a bit, but remember to allow for the tint shrinking, (I didn't and it ended up slightly short of totally covering the sidelight!), it forms round the lights really well, it's worth taking your time though, I rushed mine and if it was anything other than a track car I'd redo it as I got a couple of little creases around the edge. Then when you're done peel the top layer off and you're done.

I did my indicators, side repeaters and rear fog with spray tint, though that wouldn't work on glass lights.

Alex B
    Cheers for write up Alex, I'll get some ordered!

Rides
    Recently I've been carrying on with tidying up the front end. I've removed everything I can get my hands on in the bay that I don't need in there, and finished under sealing the arches as under the wings. The bay is almost there just a few little bits left to move and paint!

Due to relocating the fuse box, I have to extend the drivers side lighting loom:

I got rid of the internals of the aircon under the dash and ran the wire for the lights, maf etc through the hole left and blanked the other:

Relocated the Power steering reservoir out the way as it always annoyed me due to getting in the way of the intake:

And another whore shot of the way atm (minus the power steering reservoir:

I undersealed the other arch and moved the horns out the way:

My bonnet and bumper is getting sprayed, so with my old bumper I decided to turn it into a track/ drift bumper

I fitted this ages ago, but never got a photo! Its plumbed into the engine bay, and I've put the pull cable next to the dash for easy reach:

and I've been wanting one of these for years, so santa bought me one! Just need to sort out a boss:

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Due to having a japspeed twin downpipe i couldn't run and flexi there and didn't fancy cutting up exhaust so made a flexi downpipe, can now line up the catback to the downpipe perfectly and have bonus of a flexi to try and save the turbo gaskets.

Don't suppose you have a working image of how you did the de-cat mate?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    My favourite S14a on the forum!

Any updates?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
    My favourite S14a on the forum!

Any updates?
    Thanks mate, its changed a bit but I always forget to take photos/ don't get time to update this much I'll pop up some recent pics though

Rides
    I dont suppose you had any problems with relocating the PAS bottle in a lower position than it was before? Also did you end up just replacing the piping with some fuel/oil piping off ebay or something?