Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My black s14a build diary

Rides
    Engine bay looks sweet.

Rides
    Must admit i never thought i would like black intercooler pipes, but the combo look the mutts nutts!

Rides
    Been a while since i last did an update, been busy doing uni work but also been buying and fitting a few bits to the 200.

Fitted these two: Godspeed toe, camber and castor arms along with apex lockdown kit.

will get some fitted photos up soon.

Then had my car aligned once i got the height set to how i wanted it, which caused my arches to rub so hired one of these:

Was really easy to do yourself, and no more scrubbing.

More updates soon when i sort the photos out.
    Last edited by Davus200; 30-05-2010 at 21:04.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Hammarite lol I looked it and thought its gonna take me ages to get it clean if you can. So painted it instead.

did you brush this on? it is so neat if you did, I would have brush strokes all over the place.

top job lad

where did you hire that roller from you lucky ducky!

Rides
    Yup i got out the paint brush just took mine time. There's a few people on ebay who hire them out. The guy i used was in wales really good service. Was £50, they send it to you in a wooden box, then the courier comes back to collect it you just put put it back in box and thats it. Was really easy to do yourself, ill get some pics up soon.

Rides
    Dude can you get a piccy up of your arches. I wanna see!

Rides
    Ye ill get some piccys up over the weekend. Need to do a massive up date i think as a lot has changed just been a bit lasy with posting pics up.

Rides
    i have'nt checked out this thread in a while, engine bay looks uber clean!! i could do with allignment arms badly, where did you get the rubber boots from out of interest?

Rides
    Opps this reminds me really need to update this done so much since. The boots came with the arms, contact db-power they may have some lying around as thats where i got my arms from.

Rides
    What sort of hammerite paint did you use, wouldnt you need heat proof stuff for the engine bay?

Rides
    I just used normal hammerite, its held up very well so far, no flaking or bubbling and still looks new.

As for the update, its going to take me a while because it's been so long and will be a bit mismatched because done so much since. Will try to keep on top of it from now on.

I had a problem with standard brakes when refurbing them in that the brake line was seized in so with some new lines from db-power and some r33 gts-t calipers from Difghan it ended up like this. Have the rears to do along with some new brake fluid.

Along with this fitted all my suspension arms

Here's my car at japfest, gave the car a mop, although need to do it again as it turns out apparently my friend got the round compound so still have marks in the paint.

I wanted to make the inside a bit more subtle so got rid of my apexi gauge as i can use the one on my boost controller. Also hid that whilst i was at it.

Rides
    Whilst at japfest i collected a few stickers to help brighten up the back,

And got rid of the rear wiper, i dont like the rubber bung look so thought id tried something which looks a bit more standard.

Rides
    She looks great Dave, you've obviously been taking great care of her!
    Part of me wishes I'd never sold her...

Rides
    Hey, thanks it's changed a bit since you last saw it. I only originally planned to change the wheels and one thing led to another. Has your friend still got my focus?

Rides
    Saw a pic of your car in another thread and had to check out the WIP! I've just acquired a black s14a with beige leather after months of searching for a minter. Seems like I've started out with a very similar spec to what you did too!

I've got very similar plans to what you've done - the obvious wheels, coilovers & alignment. Did you have to run any spacers at the rear in the end to clear the coilovers? You're et20 right? I'm intrigued as on the Apex site they recommend 255s & et30 for 18x9.5s. Ok, people will space for stance from there but I would of thought they'd spec to clear the shock??

Car looks fantastic Davus and look forward to seeing what else you do with it! Only thing I would say is maybe look at lengthening and re-routing the vacuum hose that goes over the engine cover? I've just spent a few yours doing mine this arvo as it happens and I removed the old pipe off the throttle body and ran a new section of silicon looping under the inlet pipe down past the turret up to the throttle cable bracket. I then have a T-piece there that sends one into the cabin for the guage then the other runs along the bulkhead with the loom, behind the ABS and to my BOV.

What are your next plans?

Rides
    Nice Car I'm also curious about your next plans!

Rides
    love the look of your car mate, its going to have a great spec once you get it sorted. i still need to sort out my alignment on my car, but i think ill get the brakes sorted first cos they are totally crap.
    did you also us hammerite on you intercooler pipes? did u brush it on them. i want to do this to mine cos they are losing there shine and nothing is bringing it back.
    keep it up mate.
    cheers

Rides
    Opps haven't updated this in ages. Its change a hell of a lot lol, give me a few days and ill update, got all the photos here just need to upload them.

The simps - No spacer on the back yet running et20 as you said and is no where near the shock, (the lower the offset the further out the wheels sit) had to run a 5mm slip on on the front though to clear the coilovers. Although i got some 20mm spacers waiting to go on as soon as buy an arch roller.

Will probs change the vaccum hose soon as im thinking about changing the look of the bay when the weather gets better. Although as i have an hks ssqv bov now the pipe isnt so tight so does the job for the moment.

Marky89 - Ill update soon with new spec Although alignment has been a nitemare with mine, when you do come to do it, go to a decent place that is tried and tested. Brake wise im running r33 gtr's with federro ds2500 (or what ever number they are) and there fantastic and dont brake the bank either.

With the intercooler pipes i took them off and sprayed them, although im thinking about getting them powder coated in the summer along with a few other bits in my bay.

Rides
    Just had a read through, now I cant decide wether to go blackor white!

Super clean progress, bay looks mint, so many drifty smashed up s-bodies out there it's nice to see a clean one every now and again!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex. View Post
    Just had a read through, now I cant decide wether to go blackor white!

Super clean progress, bay looks mint, so many drifty smashed up s-bodies out there it's nice to see a clean one every now and again!
    Thanks it means alot.

As on colour, i love mine in black looks so angry and also cleans up really nice. Only problem is it shows up scratches and dirt really easy.

My mate had a white one, and it looks great at night as it stands out, also when there clean they look good although i prefer mine i think :P