Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My black s14a build diary

Rides
    Cant wait to see them. Look really good from the photos ive seen so far.

Rides
    I always wanted to know what Grids looked like on a black S14a and I must say they are very nice! I do agree though a tiny bit more lower would be good!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Cant wait to see them. Look really good from the photos ive seen so far.
    I like them

The grids you have look so much better than the chrome ones I test fitted. Really go well with the black
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Ye i think they work well against the black, i wanted a colour that was a bit different. Almost went for the silver ones but really glad i didnt now.

Really want to go lower dan, looking into coilovers now, i want to try and keep the comfort though so will look into that.

Rides
    Fitted a few bits i got for christmas, 6000k hids from h-dev. Also lockwood dials and sxoc sticker. Its been to cold to do any more resto stuff.

Ordered some led white sidelights now because i didnt realise how yellow my sidelights look compared to the hids.

Matches my boost gauge better now. They still have the yellow bulbs in which look at night so order a blue light conversion for the dial back lights.

Stickers are a work in progress, want a drift styled montage on the rear windows, doing a few photoshops first to see how it looks.
    Last edited by Davus200; 18-02-2010 at 14:06.

Rides
    coming along nicely mate

Rides
    looking good mate what size tyres did you go for?

Rides
    Thanks guys. I got 225/40/18 on the front and 235/40/18 on the rear. So happy they didnt rub, may have to get a roll on the arches though when i go lower.

Rides
    cool,cheers dude,you may need spacers if you lower it with coilovers too so the inner wheels doesnt hit the strut

Rides
    There et20 so hopefully would get away with some slip on spacers 5mm or something like that, will see what happens when i get coilovers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    There et20 so hopefully would get away with some slip on spacers 5mm or something like that, will see what happens when i get coilovers.
    yeah cool,I got apex coilovers(not for long) and et15 18x9.5 needed a 3mm slip on to clear ie et12 or below

Rides
    looking great. i get my black one on wednesday. !!

car looks great with the wheels mate!

Rides
    Kingj let me know when your selling your coilovers i maybe intrested. Would have to looking into spacers though, dont wanna go for more than 5mm slips on, would haveto get bolt ons. Is it on the front they rub?

Thanks jonny black is the best colour (im not biased at all)

Rides
    dails look good mate. where did you get them from and for how much ?

Rides
    I got them from lockwood themselves, they were £22 iirc. Theres some lockwoods on ebay for £20 i think but wasnt sure if they were genuine, so i thought for £2 it wasnt worth the hassle.

Rides
    Lovely car mate

Could I ask was the plastic scuttle panel thing easy to remove or did you paint it in place? been meaning to paint mine for a while now

I got to sort a project thread myself but tbh it would be very similar to this one lol

Also good to see someone else getting underneath and tackling the rust that's killing these cars off!,I've just finished mine

Oh and black s14a's FTW!

Rides
    comming along nicely mate cant wait to get started on mine this summer, started building up the paint and protection supply and got some welding done yesterday lol

Rides
    The scuttle panel thing is pretty easy to remove a bit fiddly.

Andy i think you got the right idea of starting it in the summer, its too cold atm.

Rides
    Its been a bit of time since i last did an update, mainly due to too much uni work. I have been doing a few bits too the car though. Booked for jap fest so my aim is too get it all tided up, coilovers and arms. Splitter and exhaust fitted and a few other bits before then.

I already have a front cusco strut brace so thought i would get the front lower and rear upper to complete the set. Didn't see the point in the lower rear.

Rear upper:

Dont have any pics of the lower front yet but its one from db-power.

Also fitted steering rack bushes, alot easier than i thought they would be too fit. none of them fitted but here is a comparison. Made a noticeable different too the feel of the car along with the strut braces installed.

Rides
    Also fitted white sidelights, look much better (although look blue in pics). Hids in photos look green, but are a white colour with a blue tint which matches the sidelights well. Will try and get some better photos to show this.

And another small addition i added a b&m gear knob which came with the car but not fitted.

Order camber toe and traction arms the other day, so they should be going on soon. Then ill be on the hunt for some coilovers so i can get it sitting right.
    Last edited by Davus200; 18-02-2010 at 14:09.