Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My black s14a build diary

Rides
    Tetra what would you recommend for the swirls and scratches. I got some ridiculous quotes for spraying and fitting of the splitter so going to fit it myself as that was the main cost of doing it and then get it sprayed professionally. Need to sort out exhaust though first going to get longlife to build me one that sits a bit lower and at an angle. Should look good.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Tetra what would you recommend for the swirls and scratches.
    One of the better hand polishes is Autoglym Super Resin Polish. It contains alot of fillers which reduce the swirls and marks. The only thing about it is, it's more of a cover up than an actual solution. That basically translates to having to do it again and again to maintain the finish.

If you want to get rid of the swirls permanently then you are talking proper machine polishing.

Rides
    looks like the roads near kingsbridge in south devon. really liking the car chap, will look amazing with some nice big dished wheels on it

Rides
    I got some of that autoglym srp, will probs just use that before shows and meets, as its not there not that noticable anyway.

credi thats a road just near me, cant wait to get some wheels just trying to find the right ones atm i've got standard wheels atm and there not the most flattering wheels around.

Rides
    Update: I started on the underside, im gonna start on the back and work my way forward. This is what i was confronted with when i took off the rear wheels. Wasn't quite as bad as this as the photo was taken part way through sanding. I want to get it all looking good underneath as i think theres nothing worse than having a really nice set of wheels and behind them all you can see is dirt and rust.

Heres what it looks like so far with the first coat of underseal, still have a lot more to do under there like painting the anti roll bar (cant beleive whitelines rust) and fitting powerflex exhaust along with loads more painting but im getting there.

The exhaust i think im going to replace eventually, it sounds nice but its not shiny enough and also i want it at an angle. braided brake lines are on the list to, to brighten things up.

As you can see in the pics also got some new disc's for the rears along with pads as i had a problem with a sticking caliper which decided to eat one of the pads.

Rides
    Next i gave the wipers a respray and got a bit carried away and sprayed the plastic scuttle cover too as this was grey and stood out too much compared to the rest of the car. Also bought some aero wipers and fitted.

Before:

After:

Rides
    Nice detailing lad.
    I like to start on the back and work my way forward as well

Rides
    Reading it back does sound a bit dogey now

Rides
    No worries bud,
    What did you use to spray them with? Looks ace

Rides
    Just rubbed them down, primered, then colour and lots of laquer. Found warming up the paint and wipers first gives a nice smooth finish.

Rides
    Only a Small up date painted the diff and antiroll bar (cant believe whitelines rust this bad). Also gave the underside a second coat, along with fitting powerflex exhaust hangers.

Last edited by Davus200; 12-12-2009 at 17:55.

Rides
    really looking good well done

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    What product did you use for the underside of the car?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I think it was called waxoil made by hammerite and then paint on top. Ill find out later when i get home. Once i applied this is painted on top. Would love to get the subframe powder coated and it all done properly underneath but want to buy other parts first like the wheels which should be here very soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    I think it was called waxoil made by hammerite and then paint on top. Ill find out later when i get home. Once i applied this is painted on top. Would love to get the subframe powder coated and it all done properly underneath but want to buy other parts first like the wheels which should be here very soon.
    I would have thought the paint would not even stick to waxoil as it stays permanantly soft Looks v. good though.

Rides
    Its been ok so far hasnt come off yet. I put paint on top to try and stop the dirt sticking to it.

Rides
    Bit of an unexpected update I got my new wheels the other day was going to wait till the new year but ben from rare rims gave me an offer i could refuse.There rota grids in 18 inch 9.5j all around offset 20. Happy with the stance for now but think the front needs to be a bit lower, need to get adjustable suspension arms first though.

My car before:

Heres a comparison between standards and new wheels:

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Very nice . I was going to get some of these but then something else caught my eye.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Is that the new rotas by any chance?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yes mate