Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My black s14a build diary

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    All good here mate, look forward to seeing the replacement the fiesta is turning in to the new money pit believe it or not...
    Glad to hear it mate. Everything ends up spiralling out of control and becomes a money pit

Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    That engine bay is the stuff of dreams!! Sad to hear you’re sell her. Whoever buys it will be getting an awesome car. What’s she been replaced with?
    Cheers pal, its taken a long time to get it here... She's being replaced for something totally different, a BMW 335d M-Performance... I'm going to miss the soul of the SX, so the challenge is going to be into inject some of that into a beemer whilst keeping it useable for a 60 mile round commute!

Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    come over to the kit car DARK SIDE!!!!

lol
    Once i get a double garage I'll be looking at kit cars to get back out on track (I can buy it in pieces so the wife doesn't notice ).

Rides
    Few more updates...

So I had a play with spoilers, as I lost the love the non-spoilered as it looked empty. And the back end didn't feel planted at speed.

So I did something different with the standard one. It added downforce (or felt like it) thats for sure!

After a while I started looking for a Kouki spoiler, but only fibre glass copies popped up... So after a lot of research and measuring I sourced a genuine DC5 spoiler, it sits taller than a Kouki and I personally think the lines suit the SX really well. When I got it sprayed I also welded up the boot lid, and had that freshened up as well.

Next up was a cage, I needed one pretty quick for an MOT but I managed to find an Apex bolt in locally that had been welded. Added a bit of colour...

Stu hooked me up with a matching limited edition SXOC sticker:

I use to run standard calipers with 345mm disc upgrade and carbone lorraine pads, I switched between RC5 and RC6 for road/ track use. Was an epic setup. Then upgrade and fitted these. Tarox 6 pot calipers and 330mm discs with Corsa pads. Very very nicely made. Love the little details like the makers signature inscribed in them. Anodised finish looks awesome!

More to follow....
    Last edited by Davus200; 05-08-2020 at 10:58.

Rides
    I've been doing a lot of refurb over the years to keep her up together... I've haven't gone mad with powder coating as I spent money on seat time, houses etc... Plus I didn't want it to become to precious and not driven as its built for!

Had the usual rust repairs, sills, boomerangs etc... Couldn't help but throw a bit of colour underneath too

One of the best mods, no wiring in the drivers arch:

Found the Apex comfy's a bit soft on track so changed the springs to 8/6kg, which feel much better without much comprise on the road which surprised me!
    Last edited by Davus200; 06-08-2020 at 09:42.

Rides
    Interior:

I kept it functional and comfortable, but track orientated. So still had full carpets and plastics, but rear seats removed and replaced for cage and carpeted.

Washer bottle relocated to behind the drivers seat to tidy up the bay:

And it still has boot carpets, which seem to be rare on these things now!

Last edited by Davus200; 07-07-2020 at 11:00.

Rides
    And this is how she sits now...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Those front wings made out of metal would be perfect love the roll cage colour
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Those front wings made out of metal would be perfect love the roll cage colour
    Cheers man, there was a guy on here who fab'd some metal wings in a similar style. Looks awesome!

Rides
    Very much enjoyed reading through the updates, will be a shame if it goes but very nice. I do like the half and half track/road car interior. More GT3 than GT3RS. I am inspired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Very much enjoyed reading through the updates, will be a shame if it goes but very nice. I do like the half and half track/road car interior. More GT3 than GT3RS. I am inspired.
    Cheers mate, you hit the nail on the head. I saw a 911 and that was what inspired me for the interior... (Black interior with a bright cage!).

I've been in fully stripped cars on the road and it isn't fun!

Rides
    I actually like it, if it's not a regular driver. But I want a hybrid out of this car and I think that's an excellent way forward. Particularly as the rear bench has no use.

Rides
    It takes a bit more planning (Cutting carpet around cage mounts etc...) but I love the balance.

Check out L16JAY's 14a too, the interior is a similar style and he's done a neat job with fitting a cage and keeping the rear quarter plastics.

Rides
    Last weekend I did my last track day at Blyton park. 400 mile round trip, a full track day, 2 RX7's and an S14a and we all drove home. The old girl did me proud

The SX was faultless, and it was probably one of the best days I've had driving. It's going to make it even harder to get rid of now....

Excuse the awful offsets, I removed the spacers to avoid rubbing on the arches.

Last edited by Davus200; 03-08-2020 at 14:54.