Thread: air rifle

Rides

air rifle

any one know where i can get my hands on one there is a load of flying rats starting to live in my est and they are wrecking my head by pooing on my car and make that cooing noise when im trying to sleep at the weekend

i was half debeating going to england to get one coz its seeming like a lot of hassle to get one

Rides
    Unless you plan to set up camp and wait for them? Even then you will need to have a good scope and aim.

Traps are far more effective IMO.

Doubled up with poison, should reduce the feckers.

Rides
    to be honest id be sitting in the car across he road waitin on them coz they are like clock work every saturday morning and sunday night

Rides
    There is/was a shop on Eglinton Street in Galway City selling all sorts of guns like that. Even M16, AK47 replicas and the lot

I'll try find name of the place for you

Supposedly some Eastern European was arrested for pointing one at shoppers outside Tesco one night

Rides

Rides
    Airguns require a firearms cert which is 80euro for three years, if you get caught bringing an unlicensed airgun from the north or the UK the same laws apply as the laws covering rifles, shotguns etc and you will get a mandatory jail sentence it is also illegal to shoot birds with an air rifle.. Airsoft guns can not be used for hunting or vermin control and can only be used on proper airsoft grounds if a gaurd catchs you shooting animals with an airsoft gun you will at very minimum end up having the gun confiscated.

Rides
    You need a licence for a air rifle in Ireland?!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1982 View Post
    You need a licence for a air rifle in Ireland?!
    Yep, anything with over 1 joule of muzzle energy

http://www.wilkinstowntargetshooting...Section_1.html

Rides
    As a rule of thumb, you should select an airgun with at least 10-12 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy if your intended quarry are small birds.

12 ft. lbs is 16 Joules.

Plus your street is way to busy for that type of activity. That power will shatter a window no problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOBrn View Post
    That power will shatter a window no problem!
    Windows would be the least of your worries, that power will easily blind or seriously injure some body.

Rides
    Yeah was a little girl killed here about 5 years ago with one. Probably a bit of a freak accident, but she was shot in the stomach and whatever damage that the pellet did caused her to die a few days later in hospital. So we'd have every scumbag with them if they could be bought over the counter. Airsoft would take your eye out but that would be the most it could do.

Rides
    i have used the ratcatcher king pro (which you can buy online) and its a very good, accurate gas powered air rifle if you get a decent scope and is accurate up to about 60 metres, but dont use cheap pellets, even good ones aren't dear. it will go straight through a medium sized rat and kill it instantly. air rifles are fine if you dont keep them loaded, store and use them responsibly mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gofaster_s13 View Post
    Airguns require a firearms cert which is 80euro for three years, if you get caught bringing an unlicensed airgun from the north or the UK the same laws apply as the laws covering rifles, shotguns etc and you will get a mandatory jail sentence it is also illegal to shoot birds with an air rifle.. Airsoft guns can not be used for hunting or vermin control and can only be used on proper airsoft grounds if a gaurd catchs you shooting animals with an airsoft gun you will at very minimum end up having the gun confiscated.
    i thought it went up this year along with the gun licences.
    do u do a bit of shooting dave?

Rides
    AK47 the little feckers. That should sort them out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tweek View Post
    i thought it went up this year along with the gun licences.
    do u do a bit of shooting dave?
    I do a bit of shooting when I get time, mainly clay pigeons but a bit of hunting as well, my licences this year went from 82 euro a year to 320 euro

Rides
    with all the messing i think ill just throw out a load of rice and watch them pop

Rides
    any luck this season so far?i only got two ducks and one pheasant didn't get out much

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tweek View Post
    any luck this season so far?i only got two ducks and one pheasant didn't get out much
    Didnt get out at all yet, hopefully around Christmas I'll get out for a few mornings after the pheasants. Been sort of concentrating on clays and a bit of foxing in the evenings lately. Never been Duck shooting, whats it like ??

Rides
    you will have to pop down here some day for a shot at clays i know just the place the owner of the shooting ground is spot on and has a very good set up loads of different traps set up i'm not a big clay man myself more game shooting.
    Can't beat a bit of lamping haven't done that in awhile.
    The boat can be boring enough it gets awful cold the best is flighting just at dusk you get a good 5mins of shooting if you time it right but then thats it for the evening

Rides
    I'd be the opposite, more of a clay shooter, will head to the local clay grounds tonight and shoot a few squads of Down the line and ball trap. Shooting's a cold sport at the best of times