Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying/Selling Parts Issue, you opinion please?

Rides
    That's my point, OK, so Recorded isn't necessarily insured for enough, but in this situation it would have taken out the aspect where Adam may not know if I am lying. At the moment, as far as he is concerned, I may have received the parcel but just want to try it on. (OK, so thats not the case, but if there had been a signature my end, there could have been no doubting it).

There is a very slim chance this parcel could turn up in 6 weeks time, but there is no way I can just sit and wait until then, is there? I'm sure he is just going to have to accept that his risk didn't pay off. Risks can go either way, hence why they are a risk! If it shows up, I am honest enough to front up about it and come to some arrangement.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by C 'n' B View Post
    Hi all.

Now, when I sell parts to other forum users, I front up on the post with what the postage charge will be and what service I use. I make my recommendation and let them make their choice, but push them heavily towards a postage service that has adequate cover for whats being sent. 99 times out or 100, they go with Special Delivery or Courier (small parts under £30 go First Class Recorded), but never do I use anything that isn't signed for.

So, imagine my frustration at buying something from an SXOC user, for £350, which just over 2 weeks later hasn't arrived. I now find that he sent it normal first class. No, he didn't even pay the extra 85 pence or whatever it is to be recorded.

In my eyes, this is an absolute pisstake, what do you think?

He is saying that it is up to the buyer to request sending by a better service? But surely it's a no brainer that if you advertise something at a 'posted' price, that price will be using a service that is sufficient for whats being sent.

I've just mailed the seller to see if/how he plans to resolve this, so no plans to name him publically yet. I just wanted to see what you guys think, am I being unreasonable?

has he got proof he sent it at all?

Rides
    He has a receipt from the Post Office, but I'm not sure if its just a receipt for his payment or a proof of postage, given that they are different things.

To be truthful, its not forefront in my mind that he didn't send it, I genuinely believe he did and I think it has just gone missing. Am I too trusting? I don't know. Problem is, how long are we supposed to wait? The answer from my point-of-view is not much longer. This is already hard work for me and I feel like its agro I shouldn't have to be going through.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by C 'n' B View Post
    I feel like shit over it to be honest and I really mean that. It's the sort of situation that I never want to be mixed up in.
    No doubt Christian does feel like cr@p over the situation, he doesnt like to have to deal with not nice stuff. However I also know that hes a bit of a bulldog and will expect to get whats fair and will do whats necessary to achieve this. It would be wise to find a freindly resolution.

I know I wouldnt want him chasing me!

Rides
    at the end of the day the contract is between the sender and the post office so for him to claim from them, in the mean time he should sort out your refund.

a receipt is not prrof of postage, you have to ask for proof of postage and they confirm the address on the receipt.

bottom line is you should get a refund, how did you send payment? can you claim it back?