Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: project 180sx

Rides
    cheers Pete - good to see you around - I'll drop you a line when it's mobile and pop up to yours

it's never going to be up to the level of yours - but don't want it to be really since it'd take forever and I'd be scared of using it (that said, all the advice you gave me when I first did it has definitely worked - it's not in bad shape considering it's been stood).

the main problem that's going to be left is the crap paintwork. I don't know why but the paintwork on the 180 seems to be far more fragile than my old 200. the roof paint has/is cracking/crazing like a champ. I don't think I've got the patience for painting so that's probably something I'll leave to a bodyshop I know
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    more updates.

engine running on a fuel pump suspended in a nescafe coffee jar as the fuel tank is currently having 2 part epoxy removed from it as it's failed and a bunch of powdery rust has formed beneath it

exhaust is hung temporarily due to some sandblasting being required on the rear brackets but ... it runs.

sort of.

2.5K rpm rev limit? lovely, MAF failure limp home mode. eurgh.

Made more complicated by the fact I'm using a 300ZX widget (the selin dual maf translator) to run two Z32 MAFs, on the Z32 ECU and they were both in the corner were the impact was. I think I've managed to find a few spares.

Priced up replacing it with a pair of the new blade type MAFs but wasn't sure they'd run with the dual maf widget so then priced up a haltech or link that'd run them.. wouldn't have much change from two grand so decided to stick with Nistune and the current frankenstein setup relying on spare Z32s for now.

hopefully next update will be something a little more complete and a video of it running, he says, confidently. It might still have a nescafe jar in the engine bay though
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.