Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaizan

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo13 View Post
    Is that my old one Del had off me?

Props to MEL for spending most of the day outside in the pouring rain playing fix the headlight
    I got it from a bb user called Gazelle, no idea where it came from before that

I took all the HID stuff back out again yesterday and reverted back to standard (although new and slightly brighter) bulbs, also had to bleed the brakes as on the way to my mates the pedal went straight to the floor. I have never seen so much air come out of an abs unit before
    Last edited by MEL; 18-01-2010 at 11:55.

Rides
    Fcuking headlights are winding me right up.

Got home last night, turned off the headlights and the passenger side stayed on and raised

First things first i checked and cleaned the earthing points - still the same.

As i didnt put the light surrounds back on last time i had a fiddle it was easy enough to pull the light out and have a look at the wiring round the back - still the same.

Traced all the headlight and mechanism wiring to see if there were any problems and the bloody thing decided to switch itself off, closing the mechanism with the light half stuck and jamming

A good kick seem to unjam it and it seems fine today.

Oh, i seem to have water in the interior light, which still works but not when you open the doors There are no damp patches on the headlining so i assume this is coming in from the sunroof seals somewhere?

Ideas?

Rides
    Collected some more bits at the weekend

Got the abs sensors too which i believe is just a case of chopping the wires??????? Just need a good wire brushing and a coat of hammerite.

Got a set of s14 front calipers and discs winging thier way to me too, all thats needed now is to sort out rear brakes (i think pablo has a temporary solution for me ), new pads, ball joints and conversion braided lines. Thats it for the 5 stud stuff then, just got to concentrate on coilies and shifting the rather large obstacle in my garage.
    Last edited by MEL; 31-01-2010 at 18:55.

Rides
    In between doing the household chores (read fitting a central heating system, decorating what will be the baby's room and turning wasted space into a useable cupboard) i decided to have a good look at the condition of the 5 stud parts i have collected so far

As you can see there is still plenty of good metal on all hub assemblies and everything is moving nice and freely

Discs have a slight coating of surface rust from standing but nothing to worry about as well as a very slight lip. As you can see the calipers have been cleaned up and painted (by the previous owner i think) and all the seals, pistons look good

Want to have this ready for the Spring Car Show at Duxford on the 2nd May so watch this space over the next 6 weeks to see how it all turns out

Rides
    Another little update. The collection of boxes in the living room is starting to get silly

These turned up today

Big thanks to Bon Bon and the rest of the DW team, ordered at 2.30 tuesday, arrived 1.30 wedsnesday now thats service

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    The collection of boxes in the living room is starting to get silly
    Fit something then

What spring rates you gone for matey?
    bstmeetbllk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Just fitted some hsd's. Apart from the ride height being all over the place they are awesome
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo13 View Post
    Fit something then

What spring rates you gone for matey?

Should have another couple to add to that soon when my pads etc turn up and front ball joints.

Went for 5/4 to keep it nice and comfy

Will invest in some arbs next me thinks
    Last edited by MEL; 10-03-2010 at 20:09.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Just fitted some hsd's. Apart from the ride height being all over the place they are awesome
    How long have you had them fitted?How are you finding the damping?

All the reviews i have seen seem to be positive.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    How long have you had them fitted?How are you finding the damping?

All the reviews i have seen seem to be positive.
    About three hours Mine are obviously still settling in and are a little bouncy due to them being on their softest settings but are still a huge improvement over the standard mess

Have you gone for the smoothies then?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    About three hours Mine are obviously still settling in and are a little bouncy due to them being on their softest settings but are still a huge improvement over the standard mess

Have you gone for the smoothies then?
    Turn up the damping if they are boingy. I have my Apex 5/4s set to 10 from softest front and 8 from softest rear. Any softer and they are boingy.

Mel, Got a better pic of the Mongoose ? It doesn't look like my Mongoose which has rolled end pipes.

If you come to fit the ABS, I reckon you'll be best to cut the wire at the car side of the plug not the hub side of the plug as they are just ordinary two-wire from the plug to the car....that assumes that you have both ends of the plug on the new hubs.

Looks like a nice motor though and the first one I've heard of that had the inlets done under warranty. 63K miles is a bit on the high side though isn't it ?

Rides
    HR's

Opted for the 5/4 spring rate to keep it comfortable on the daily commute mainly. Will probably end up getting a set of 8/6 springs next year so i can take in the odd trackday.

Rides
    HR's

Opted for the 5/4 spring rate to keep it comfortable on the daily commute mainly. Will probably end up getting a set of 8/6 springs next year so i can take in the odd trackday.
    You'd be better off getting uprated ARBs and leaving the springs. Have a little pootle in mine next time and see what you think.

Rides
    Can get a better pic for you. tbh i havent bothered to look see if it is a mongoose, i just know that its not the original as its too un rusty.

Inlets have deffo been done, got the paperwork to prove it

Its just ticked over 67k now i make that an everage of 3722 miles a year

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    You'd be better off getting uprated ARBs and leaving the springs. Have a little pootle in mine next time and see what you think.
    You coming to the next hwh?

Rides
    this is nice n clean Mel! Cusco ftw. I want the rear brace to match my front. I took my front one apart today to respray the blue as a little surface rust is appearing .
    Did you sell the Stagea then? Nice 13 though, good luck

EDIT: pretty sure that is a mongoose exhaust; I have the same one
    Last edited by EMENEAR; 10-03-2010 at 20:43.

Rides
    You coming to the next hwh?
    I'll be coming to one sometime this spring or summer. I'll let you know beforehand.

Precious managed to struggle through her MOT on Monday once I'd put those 4-pots on that have been sitting in the garage for 4 years, so she's going to be out and about once the nasty weather has gone.

...oh, and anything over 3K a year is a mingin' high-miler

Then she's off road again for the Stage3+ treatment.

Rides
    Are you sure those wheels will fit over your brakes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Are you sure those wheels will fit over your brakes
    I saw those and thought "WTF !!". They look like the wets I had on my direct-drive 2-stroke kart.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by EMENEAR View Post
    this is nice n clean Mel! Cusco ftw. I want the rear brace to match my front. I took my front one apart today to respray the blue as a little surface rust is appearing .
    Did you sell the Stagea then? Nice 13 though, good luck
    Cheers

Just brought a cusco brace that gander was selling - matching set ftw!

Still got the stagea, picking up a set of rims at the weekend so i can sell it without having to lose the volks