Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neville Incarnate

Rides
    Wicked stuff - this is getting really exciting now. Well done all involved, looking forward to the next updates

Jut

Rides
    Think it will be done in time for this years weekender?

Rides
    I would love to have it completely finished but i hope it driveable at the least even if it doesn't look pretty.

I think it will be there even if it has to go down on a trailer.

Rides
    Another very exciting update from Paul.

It's been a bit of a difficult week for Paul by all accounts but some major progress has still been achieved and i'm very impressed

First task was to remove the screen so more cutting can be done to the body

The chassis design program Paul uses is very useful as not only does it give measurements to allow exact bend profiling and lengths to start of radius etc but it also prints notching profiles. I like

From these tubes can then be cut to length and the notches cut/ground to perfection for welding.

Here's a pic of the finished front upper tube which forms the basis of the front panel to hold the rad, intercooler, light etc.

Then everything is double checked to make sure it's square

and here it is in situ at the leading edge of the chassis

----------------
    Now playing: Scratch Perverts - Essential Mix Part 1, 22-8-04
    via FoxyTunes

Rides
    After this the body was dropped back on and the engine thrown in to double check engine mount position and outriggers for the body. Paul says the engine has been in and out 4 or 5 times this week already.... sounds like hard work to me.

The body should be sitting about 1.5" lower than it is is the pics as the mounts aren't made yet so it's just resting on the table.

The trans tunnel and backbone are going to make a great armrest.

Paul's also stripped the paint of the Pathfinder arches and unfortunately they're not quite as perfect as i thought There seems to have been a small accident at some point and the panel has been tugged and filled..... nothing a little dolly work won't sort out apparently

----------------
    Now playing: Scratch Perverts - Essential Mix Part 2, 22-8-04
    via FoxyTunes

Rides
    Thats some cool tech stuff on his program, and some nice work going on! I would hate to be you, id be so excited now, i think id irritate the guy building it!

Rides
    Oh I am excited..... very excited!!

I'm not hassling Paul at all as theres nothing worse than some idiot phoning all the time and interrupting the flow of work.

Rides
    Great work going on here. I'm loving it
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Me too..

I'm off outside now to do something about the old chassis that's still sat round the side of the house.

Rides
    WOW! thats awesome. didnt realize you were having a whole chassis made up! cool stuff mate

Rides
    What started as a half chassis soon turned into a full chassis.... wait until you see the front suspension setup.

Rides
    Well i took a drive down to see Paul this morning as i really wanted to see my truck in the flesh and take a load of pics

Hey Paul

I have no idea what all the numbers on here mean but this is the design that Paul has been working to

Due to other commitments not a huge amount has happened this last week but the main thing is the engines in on it's own mounts.

The engine mounts are standard S14 so can be uprated at a later date but that actual alignment was taken directly from the standard subframe. The engine is canted at 4* from left to right as per standard to allow for the torque movement but is also angled 4* front to back as this is reckoned to be the best angle apparently.

There's also room in the standard position for the steering rack although the bottom tube will need a slight scallop taking out but basically it'll just need mounting.

Work has started on the body mountings on the drivers side. These locate to the original positions whereas on the passenger side the mounts will locate about 4" further in to allow for a maximum 4" dia exhaust to be run along the sill should i need to upgrade later.

I'm not entirely sure the 17's are going to cut it in the arch but i'll make that decision when it's rolling on the suspension (it's are about 2" further back in the arch than it should be but you can get an idea)

There is no suspension yet as the next step will be the bodywork but it will go here

As for the bodywork the floor will be all new sheet metal and about a inch higher so the whole body will sit lower. A new rear bulkhead will sit tighter around the frame and a new front bulkhead is planned to give a little more room around the back of the engine.

There looks to be a big gap around the frame but when the body is sitting on it's mounts the will only be about an inch gap above the frame.

And here it sit's on Pauls frame table in his busy workshop

----------------
    Now playing: Jay, Norman - Studio Session [08-27-94]
    via FoxyTunes

----------------
    via FoxyTunes

Rides
    Workshop looks very tidy, looks like he has a good few projects on the way too! Very nice, yours is taking shape very well, im following this with serious interest. I reckon this will be a lot of fun!

Rides
    Coming along very well top class work there that man.

Rides
    I'll tell you about the other projects in a min but first have some more random shots

----------------
    via FoxyTunes

Rides

Twisted Concepts Caddy project

Another project Paul has on the go is A VW Caddy track truck. It's another bare shell build for a customer that has basically the same idea as me and wanted some fun.

Lots of custom work about to go into the shell for suspension mounts and the like .

But the best part is the engine

and the parts truck

----------------
    Now playing: Massive Attack - Studio Session [12-11-94]
    via FoxyTunes

Rides
    I presume there is engine work to come? I was just thinking that while the engine is easily accessible like that, it would be worth ripping out the remains of the EGR system

Rides
    Yeah i was looking at that earlier. It will be coming out but there should be about an inch of clearance anyway.

Rides
    Will i need an 18"?

Rides
    Slightly larger tyre sidewalls?