Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1418

Thread: My S14 Reshell/rufurb/rebuild. Major project so will take a long time.

Rides

My S14 Reshell/rufurb/rebuild. Major project so will take a long time.

A small update.

Not been getting too much done, always seems to be other things that need doing first!

I have made a mock up of the potential new centre console that will house all the switches/controls. I wont be able to reach the dash when strapped in the seat so all controls are being relocated. Im going to get rid of the arm rest 'hump at the back i recon though. Ill sit in the shell a it more and see how it feels before I finally decide.

I have made the brackets for the PAS reservoir and welded them on. As you can see from the pics Ive relocated it to a more convenient position.

Ive also been making the pedal box plate that will be welded to the floor to allow me to adjust the pedal box forwards and backwards a little.

It will give me 100mm of adjust ability.

Ive been getting prices for the tube for my cage too and have had a good quote from HUB LE BAS. I just need to check that it will be OK to order 30m of 45mm CDS tube to work but hopefully Ill be ordering it soon.

Any way thats it for now.
    Last edited by spice_weazle; 25-09-2013 at 22:49.

Rides
    Slowly getting there buddy! Looking good to :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    A small update.

Not been getting too much done, always seems to be other things that need doing first!
    That's the way these projects go as there's so much to do. All of a sudden though things start to come together
    Keep up the good work and I'm still watching

Pete
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Awesome stuff mate, just keep plodding allong with it, this is going to be pic when its all done.

How is the hand doing by the way? are you getting used to it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Looking great mate..

Slowly coming together! Love your attention to detail..

However, surely by now the first bits you repaired are starting to rot away again.. Haha..

I'm only messing, perfection takes time..

Rides
    Good effort there mate, looks like your balls deep init! Keep plugging away and it'll come around eventually, and it'll be worth every bit of blood sweat and tears

Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
    That's the way these projects go as there's so much to do. All of a sudden though things start to come together
    Keep up the good work and I'm still watching

Pete
    It's starting to feel a little like that now tbh. Regarding the fab work any way. If I think of the whole project I realise its still a big job but I just keep doing a little and often. That way one day it will get finished.

My garage at home is nearly done too, thanks to Corfublue , which will allow to me start stripping my old car again and also start looking at the engine and cleaning it up in the evenings. That should hopefully speed things up a bit.

Thanks for the pm Pete. It made
    Total sense.

Your mini is coming along nicely. Another top resto job.
    Last edited by spice_weazle; 26-09-2013 at 20:53.

Rides
    The center console is a fabulous idea mate, very well executed. Just sit in your seat before you go too far with it because you'll be surprised how your reach is restricted sideways.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    The center console is a fabulous idea mate, very well executed. Just sit in your seat before you go too far with it because you'll be surprised how your reach is restricted sideways.
    Yeah I know. That's why I've made the mock up and got the seat bolted into the shell. I've changed it a few times already and need to make a few more mods to it yet. It's a pita tbh trying to make sure all the controls are going to be accessible whilst strapped in tight in a bucket seat.

Rides
    I have no problems reaching anything in mine dude, you should try your seating position first.

But the console is still awesome regardless

Rides
    I think I might "borrow" this idea for my drift car as I struggle to reach some of the controls when I'm strapped in. Plus, this way I can throw out the dash and just have a lightweight plate to make it look nice and hide the few wires there will be....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I have no problems reaching anything in mine dude, you should try your seating position first.

But the console is still awesome regardless
    I struggled to reach the dash in my old car whilst strapped in and my seat is 3 inches further back, partly to binning the standard pedals, in the new shell so I know I'll defo not be able to reach any controls. I'm must have long legs! :-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    I struggled to reach the dash in my old car whilst strapped in and my seat is 3 inches further back, partly to binning the standard pedals, in the new shell so I know I'll defo not be able to reach any controls. I'm must have long legs! :-)
    It's mega important to feel comfortable when driving, been there, done that with the harness jobbie and it's amazing how restrictive they are. IMO you are doing the right thing sorting the seating / control layout at this stage. I need to do the same on the Mini and the shell is only half complete.

NP with the PM and thanks for the kind words on the Mini rebuild

Pete
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    I'm still waiting for first ride in my baby. Come on spice this is gtaking to long. Get some paunt on it. (Blue) and get it built.

Rides

Quote Originally Posted by karl elwell View Post
    I'm still waiting for first ride in my baby. Come on spice this is gtaking to long. Get some paunt on it. (Blue) and get it built.
    Its getting there. Not bad to say my hand was like this :-

A year ago and now looks like this:-

Im ordering the tube for the cage tomorrow, 30m of 45mm X 2.6mm CDS tubing. Hopefully it will be enough with some left over for the subframes etc.

Ive mainy been stripping paint and derusting this week. I hate bloody seam sealant, Im so bored of scrapping it off. Ive also removed the ABS module bracket and the dash bracket on top of the tranny tunnel as I have no use for them now, the hand brake mount is going in the bin too as I have plans for the handbrake. Any brackets that wont be needed are being removed.

Heres a few pics.

Ive welded on a strip in place of the dash bracket because i had a feeling it might be noise, the tunnel is a little 'flappy' once the bracket has been removed.

Also cut up the front bumper so I could fit it other the jig to allow me to think about framing up the front end for the rad, cooler and ducting. The cooler isnt in the exact position in the pics but gives you an idea of how it will sit.

Thats all for now.
    Last edited by spice_weazle; 13-10-2013 at 20:46.

Rides
    Looking sweet as mate! have you got any templates etc for your tubbed front arches?
    i want to make some up but unsure on best size etc. Looks like you've got it how id like mine!

Also your hand x ray is pretty crazy to think it was like that! Glad your on the mend!

Rides
    Tell you what.. fair ****ing play mate. Haha I'd love to have the time, space and dolla to pull something like this off! I know it will be an awesome car once finished

Rides
    I thought it was a s14a shell? You going mondeo front end? Why!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    It is an s14a shell but I'm a zenki lover and there aren't enough zenki's around. It's not going to have standard bumpers though, I've had an instant gentleman kit for a few years now which will be going on it along with wide front and rears. Wing or no wing to be decided upon yet. I like the nascar look though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jackm View Post
    Looking sweet as mate! have you got any templates etc for your tubbed front arches?
    i want to make some up but unsure on best size etc. Looks like you've got it how id like mine!

Also your hand x ray is pretty crazy to think it was like that! Glad your on the mend!
    Pm me your address and Ill trace around the templates I have onto some paper and post them to you.