Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 1,401 to 1,418 of 1418

Thread: My S14 Reshell/rufurb/rebuild. Major project so will take a long time.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If you can store the car somewhere where it's not a financial drain and it won't deteriorate then that's what I'd suggest. If on the other had the car is an financial drain or the money could be better used else where then maybe it's time to see what you could get for it
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    ^ That sounds like a good idea!

Without Rich's sills, we'd all be screwed!

Rides
    Christ I didnt realise this had such a following still. Its not really in the way and its not costing me anything I just dont know if Ill ever get the chance to finish the fab work whats left to do.

Rides
    If it isn't in the way, you should definitely keep it my car has been 6 years in the making, due to other commitments.
    Mine is sporting a pair of your sills, as I'm sure quite a few are from the forum. Even if you have to wait another two years, it'll be worth it.

Rides
    You've probably got the most well prepped shell on here, definitely do not scrap it!

Needs to be built up, as it's got the potential to be awesome.

Rides
    I have decide to keep it but it is getting moth balled to make way for a new easier project that I can do at home.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good call, hopefully one day you can get back to it or if not you could prep it to sell on. The value of the cars is still going up after all
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    I have decide to keep it but it is getting moth balled to make way for a new easier project that I can do at home.
    Good man

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Good news you are keeping hold off her, will be waiting in anticipation for future updates. mine has been 8 years so far...

Rides
    Good call
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Good call. If u ever want to sell it, send me a message but I hope you don’t, after all that work and craftmanship put into it, you have to finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Any chance you would want to go through the thread and fix all the photo links? It's such a great reference for people looking at doing a restoration.

Dam photo bucket breaking the internet!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Have you tried using google chrome with the photobucket add on? Normally makes all the pics viewable

Rides
    Well hello guys. It's been a while. Just thought I would pop in and check how my old car is doing.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by karl elwell View Post
    Well hello guys. It's been a while. Just thought I would pop in and check how my old car is doing.
    The car hasnt been worked on for 3.5 years now and is sat on a pallet on top of the racks at work. Since my wife passed away life has been pretty full on, I have 2 young daughters to bring up and now have the family business to run so time is scarce.

That is not to say Im not thinking of finishing it though. Im using what little spare time I have to build a kit car. That is nearly done and I am starting to think about moving the shell back to my workshop at home once the kit car is finished to start working on this again. Im a bit undecided wether to make it road legal or go for full on track car. It was going to be road legal but Im thinking the kit car will be my weekend toy and the s14 my track toy, that way I could do a lot of the stuff I wanted to do as regards aero and stuff that would not be suitable on the road.

We will see but it would be a shame to not finish it after putting so much time into it.

Rides
    Old thread, but i really wish the pictures still working because i can really learn from this awesome work. unfortunately i can only see pictures until page 7:-( is it possible to fix?

Rides
    This looks like an awesome project. I was sorry to read about your loss. I hope life settles down and you find the enthusiasm to work on this again. My old 200 has been in the garage for 10 years but my teenage son is starting to get interested so it might see the light of day again soon. Don't give up on it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Update all, Rich is considering selling this bodyshell. It's on Facebook at the moment.