Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1418

Thread: My S14 Reshell/rufurb/rebuild. Major project so will take a long time.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    If you don't put the spoiler on I'm having it.

Rides
    A bit of an update.

I havent had the chance to do too much the last week or two. The roll cage tubing has arrived. 28.5 meters of 45mm X 2.56 CDS. I need to work on measuring the car up fr the cage. Ive looked at it a bit but not taken nay measurements yet.

Finished cleaning up the drivers side footwell.

Treated.

Primered.

Got the pedal box mounting plate welded in.

To finish off, Ive made up a 'vanity' panel for the boot. I wanted to panel off the fuel system to protect and contain it as much as pos. So made this:-

Its made of 2mm aluminium and is mounted to 4 small brackets.

With Dzus 1/4 turn fastners.

Rides
    Quality build great fab skills looking forward to seeing it finished. I read u had trouble with your tube not bending smoothly try filling the tube with sand first it should give u a better finish

Rides
    looking great Rich, keep it up!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jankes View Post
    looking great Rich, keep it up!
    Cheers mate. Was going to text you today cos not been in touch for a while. Hows the house hunting going?

Rides
    A little update.

Ive been redoing the seat mounts as I wasnt happy with the previous ones. I decided to move the seat closer to the centre of the car. I also wanted to change the mounts so that I can move the seat a little if needed or make new parts to alter the position of the seat if required. The new mounts are a little heavier but the modular nature of them is a better design IMO.

Anyway a few pics of the new set up.

Ive welded the parts together and primered them, just need to weld them in the car now.

Rides

My S14 Reshell/rufurb/rebuild. Major project so will take a long time.

I have welded in the new seat mounts and tested the seat and Im a lot happier with the positioning now. Ive tested the pedal box as well and the positioning of that too is spot on.

Ive been working a new handbrake this week as well. With basically everything changing or moving on the car Its going to be impossible to use the handbrake in the original position. I looked at modifying the std lever but that wasnt going to really work. So thanks to Rapid Im working on a pull and twist type hand brake, I want to use the standard cables though to make life easier. Its only experimental at the moment and will involve springs and levers but its looking promising. Here are a few pics of the test ''puller'',

Last edited by spice_weazle; 22-01-2014 at 10:46.

Rides
    I've got a little bit of an update soon, nothing big just a redesign on the hand brake. As usual I've prob gone OTT on it but I like messing around making stuff. I'll get some pics up as soon as pos.

I really need to pull my thumb out of my ass on this this year and get this moving again cos its been progressing too slowly since my accident.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Hope this a good year for you mate.

Will it be sat on it's own wheels by the end of it? Don't mean finished just looking like it's getting there.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    Hope this a good year for you mate.

Will it be sat on it's own wheels by the end of it? Don't mean finished just looking like it's getting there.
    Hopefully. I'm hoping to get the shell painted by the end of the summer to allow me to start putting back together over next winter and hopefully on the road the following summer. That's the plan any way!!!

Rides
    any more updates? :P

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by humidade View Post
    any more updates? :P
    Ive got a bit to update soon but not loads TBH. Ive been fecking around with things that haven't worked out so no real progress over the last few months. Ive got pc problems too so another reason why I havent updated because Ive got to fix the pile of crap before I can upload pics. As soon as the Pc is sorted though Ill update.

Rides
    Small update.

Like Ive said I just couldnt get my idea for the handbrake to work as smoothly as I wanted so I went for the easier option. I brought a lever from Rally design and sorted out the mount bracket for it.

The new lever sits a lot higher than the original one but that is because I needed it to sit on the opposite side of the tranny tunnel and be able to reach it easily. Thats the reason I went for a Rally Design lever over an OE one because of the position of the mounting brackets etc.

Ive also been cleaning up the the tunnel and made a start on the passenger foot well, following the usual routine of strip, derust, treat and primer.

I want to get the inside cleaned and then I get can the cage done. Im hoping to get the shell into my garage/workshop at home some time this summer and get the body kit fitted and the whole lot painted. Then I can sort the wiring etc over the winter whilst making the suspension parts at work and assembly done next spring/summer. Ive decided to leave the engine pretty much as it was in the old car(stage 1a) just to get it on the road. I can do what I want to do with the aero and engine over the following winter. Im just desperate to get it going and drive it now. The car will still be the same as planned but rather than doing it all in one go it will be 90% done and then the rest done once its on the road.

Any way some pics of the most recent work done. First the tunnel cleaned and painted.

The new handbrake lever.

The mounting bracket for it.

The new lever fitted.

And with the mock up of the console fitted.

Onto the passenger foot well. Old seat mount was removed because Ill be fitting rails like the drivers side.

Luckily no welding this time.

Then more stripping.

Exhaust heat shield support plate removed and holes filled.

And then treated and painted, but no pic of it painted.

Thats it for now.

Rides
    this will be something from different world............cant wait to see it done

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jankes View Post
    this will be something from different world............cant wait to see it done
    Cheers fella. I'm hoping it's going be a little bit different and turn out as well I'm hoping. Time will tell!!!

Do you still want them spacers making?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    Cheers fella. I'm hoping it's going be a little bit different and turn out as well I'm hoping. Time will tell!!!

Do you still want them spacers making?
    im waiting for car to come back from 2nd time exhaust redoing :-( , i got idea with smaller wheels so maybe dont need to but will see in a week, will be in touch.thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    A little update.

Ive been redoing the seat mounts as I wasnt happy with the previous ones. I decided to move the seat closer to the centre of the car. I also wanted to change the mounts so that I can move the seat a little if needed or make new parts to alter the position of the seat if required. The new mounts are a little heavier but the modular nature of them is a better design IMO.

Anyway a few pics of the new set up.

Mucho impressed with the fabrication on these Still watching, keep up the good work

Pete
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
    Mucho impressed with the fabrication on these Still watching, keep up the good work

Pete
    Cheers Pete. Your mini is coming on a treat too.

Rides
    Got a bit more stripping done this week. I finished of the passenger side foot well.

Its coming along.

Ive made a start on the section behind the cross member too. This side has rust in the joint between the floor and the inner sill.... Suprise suprise!!!

I wire brushed it as best as I could and put a load of Deox gel on and left it over the weekend. Hopefully when I clean it off tomorrow most of the rust will be gone.

Rides
    Has it not gone on the inner sill part I have to replace both of those