Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1418

Thread: My S14 Reshell/rufurb/rebuild. Major project so will take a long time.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    any updates spice?
    I haven't had chance to do any work on it because of working on other peoples cars and making sills, and working on other peoples cars has killed my enthusiasm tbh. Once I have had a bit of a break from fixing cars I will get back into it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    working on other peoples cars has killed my enthusiasm tbh. Once I have had a bit of a break from fixing cars I will get back into it.
    definitely take a break, I know that the photos you sent me have helped me so much on my rebuild and I wouldn't be as far along today as I am without your help!

I owe you a few beers at the least for the help. if you need anything let us know!!!!!

Rides
    After a year of not working on this Im slowly thinking of doing a bit of work on it. My heart isnt in it tbh honest but Im trying to jeer my self up to getting things moving.

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    You know if any of us can help we'll do whatever we can. Think it'll grab you once you make a start on it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanhands View Post
    You know if any of us can help we'll do whatever we can. Think it'll grab you once you make a start on it.
    I hope so.

Rides
    I've found setting tasks helped me as when i got them done it made me feel better. And now I say it will be done when it's done. But in the end you need to do what you feel best with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    small steps mate, hopefully you get some enjoyment back from it
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    After a year of not working on this Im slowly thinking of doing a bit of work on it. My heart isnt in it tbh honest but Im trying to jeer my self up to getting things moving.
    I know what you mean dude. My SX has sat in the garage for almost two years... Attacking it now and finding soo much rust. Don't suppose your still making Sills?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200sxAndy View Post
    I know what you mean dude. My SX has sat in the garage for almost two years... Attacking it now and finding soo much rust. Don't suppose your still making Sills?
    No sorry Im not. Just dont have the time anymore, bringing up two young kids on my own and trying to work full time is very time consuming and ****ing tiring.

Rides
    No sorry Im not. Just dont have the time anymore, bringing up two young kids on my own and trying to work full time is very time consuming and ****ing tiring.
    Ah I see your point! Out of interest, any tips for making these myself? I was tempted to make an MDF template if that sounds like a good idea?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 200sxAndy View Post
    Ah I see your point! Out of interest, any tips for making these myself? I was tempted to make an MDF template if that sounds like a good idea?
    yeah a good idea. I recon they would be pretty hard to make unless you have access to a press brake though. if its just the lower half you need then that could prob be formed by clamping the steel between a bench and some wood and then put a little bend in then move the metal out a bit, clamp it and bend again and keep doing that. Basically you do lots of little bends to create the large radius.

Rides
    yeah a good idea. I recon they would be pretty hard to make unless you have access to a press brake though. if its just the lower half you need then that could prob be formed by clamping the steel between a bench and some wood and then put a little bend in then move the metal out a bit, clamp it and bend again and keep doing that. Basically you do lots of little bends to create the large radius.
    Awesome cheers, I'll give that a go. Unfortunately I don't have access to a press brake. What thickness steel do you recommend?

This is what I'm working with

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Hello, just wondering, what the mileage was on the shell, that you are restoring, thank you. All the best to you.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s14adco View Post
    Hello, just wondering, what the mileage was on the shell, that you are restoring, thank you. All the best to you.
    I think just over 100k. They all rot in the same places and if they haven't had work done they will need it imo.

Rides
    Its with a heavy heart that have to say this project looks like it wont get finished. I am seriously thinking of giving up and selling what I can. I know the shell will prob get scrapped as cant see any one wanting it but the engine and stuff will prob be up for sale very soon.

Rides
    It would be a massive shame for you to sell up mate You've put so much effort into this build so far!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    It would be a massive shame for you to sell up mate You've put so much effort into this build so far!
    I know but I just cant see how Im going to get it done. Ive not worked on it for nearly 2 years and due to how my life is now I cant just see how its going to be possible to finish it.

Rides
    Rich dont do it, just keep it on side of things for now and get back to it when time allow or stuff improve around life, You invested many hours and You going to regret scrapping it, there is no pressure on You to get it done now or in next year, these Nissans going to be nice classics in couple years.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jankes View Post
    Rich dont do it, just keep it on side of things for now and get back to it when time allow or stuff improve around life, You invested many hours and You going to regret scrapping it, there is no pressure on You to get it done now or in next year, these Nissans going to be nice classics in couple years.

/\ THIS! /\

Keep it mate. Times may be way past hard for you, understandably, & time sounds very short to come by, but if in some way you can store her, - do it!

S00 many on here will tell you how they regret selling up. The sills you sold me were only put to good use 3.2 years after I bought them...

Keep the faith. Keep the ald girl. Besides, as has been said, it's an appreciating asset, even in the current state.

Rob.

Rides
    I have an idea. Why don't we as SXOC try and rally round and help Rich get the car done? Where are you based mate. Happy to help where I can. Don't give up mate. You have helped many of us in difficult times. Least we can do is help you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk