FAO iphone users - protective cases now available

Rides
    rofl...

Rides
    brill, bargain too!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I's have one of those for a laugh if I had an iphone
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Anybody want to do a group buy?

Rides
    Out of stock.

Rides

Rides
    Is the only point of an iphone to bang on and on and on and on about the fact you have a sodding iphone?

I don't understand the point of them at all, over other mobile phones that are available. I've ordered an iclone to see what all the fuss is about

Rides
    a fair amount of effort has gone into that case

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Is the only point of an iphone to bang on and on and on and on about the fact you have a sodding iphone?

I don't understand the point of them at all, over other mobile phones that are available. I've ordered an iclone to see what all the fuss is about
    No I was sceptical at first but the app store blows everything out of the water. Interface and touch screen is silky smooth to. you can even get SAP on it for businesses but that app is like £500.

Theres an app for everything! - Even wine / whisky tasting notes!

Plus you can't beat having an iPod / iPhone dock on a car. 32 gigs of music and podcasts for the win!
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 22-09-2009 at 20:25.

Rides
    What the hell are you do with all these other, ahem, applications? When I was listening to someone bang on about the spirit level application it transpired you have to calibrate it with a spirit level every time it was used Why not have a normal mobile phone and a spirit level?

Rides
    What the hell are you do with all these other, ahem, applications? When I was listening to someone bang on about the spirit level application it transpired you have to calibrate it with a spirit level every time it was used Why not have a normal mobile phone and a spirit level?
    Get over it. You don't like it but have nothing that can compare to it.

The iphone will beat any other phone hands down for it's GUI and for the applications due to the support and third party apps.

It's a great bit of kit and that is before it is even jailbroken. Once you do that it makes everything else on the market look like shite, period.

Rides
    spirit level is pointless i agree But it just shows how versatile the phone is.

Here are the 10 most expensive apps... Mainly professional applications... just to show you some more useful ones...

http://gizmodo.com/5335902/the-10-mo...ve-iphone-apps
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 22-09-2009 at 20:39.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    Get over it. You don't like it but have nothing that can compare to it.

The iphone will beat any other phone hands down for it's GUI and for the applications due to the support and third party apps.

It's a great bit of kit and that is before it is even jailbroken. Once you do that it makes everything else on the market look like shite, period.
    I didn't say I don't like it, I said I don't understand it and all the bollocks that come with it like codes such as GUI, words like jailbroken and the fact that no one can say application any more

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Blue View Post
    spirit level is pointless i agree But it just shows how versatile the phone is.

Here are the 10 most expensive apps... Mainly professional applications... just to show you some more useful ones...

http://gizmodo.com/5335902/the-10-mo...ve-iphone-apps
    I can't see anything in that lot that is remotely useful to me or anyone I know

Rides
    GUI - Graphical user interface

Jailbroken - hacking the phone to do stuff that apple didn't intend it to originally do. Opens up more possibilitys but often is used so that pirated software can be run.

App - well its easier than typing application over and over.

I can't see anything in that lot that is remotely useful to me or anyone I know
    company i work for uses SAP

Not sure about the other ones.

ones i use the most are iPlayer, Tap & Track Calorie counter WeatherPro, Eurosport, Measures (coverter software - much more comprehensive than coverter on my last nokia - it even has radiation dose conversions ) and Maps with the built in compass to find my way round various places i've been on business.

Even just to find restaurants and read reviews as its interlinked with google.

If you can't find a sensible application you like, i'll guarantee you that you can find a silly one.

I use this one to store my wine / whisky tasting notes:
    http://www.apptism.com/apps/tasting-notes

I use this one for internet radio:
    http://www.apptism.com/apps/internet-radiobox

Dave_S has a thread with other good apps.
    Last edited by Bayside Blue; 22-09-2009 at 20:58.

Rides
    I didn't say I don't like it, I said I don't understand it and all the bollocks that come with it like codes such as GUI, words like jailbroken and the fact that no one can say application any more
    No you did not say it but your tone of post implicates it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by blue boy View Post
    No you did not say it but your tone of post implicates it.
    The tone of my post???

I've ordered one, so I can't dislike them that much . And besides, I do have something to compare it to - I have a Nokia 5800, which is a touch screen mobile that I can download pointless applications to

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I must admit that I am not a huge fan of the iphone. The camera is shite for starters which is something that I use a lot. My n95 black (which I hate) can play music and take pictures etc without all the other gimmicks that will just make me spend more each month.

If you like them that is fair enough but it's different strokes for different folks and all that
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I must admit that I am not a huge fan of the iphone. The camera is shite for starters which is something that I use a lot. My n95 black (which I hate) can play music and take pictures etc without all the other gimmicks that will just make me spend more each month.

If you like them that is fair enough but it's different strokes for different folks and all that
    Yeah camera is shite for sure, good enough for MMS though. But thats why i still have a separate camera and video camera for proper photos and videos, so it doesn't do everything well. But gets lots right.