Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: That'll do

Rides
    I get about 2.5mbit at home on a good day. Hopefully that'll go up when I move though.

As for downloading stuff, as long as it's not (too) dodgy I might do it at work; anything else my laptop is on most of the time anyway.

Rides
    Get yourself a VPN service and do all your downloading at work, doesn't matter what it is then cos work won't be able to see it and it cannot be traced back to them.

Rides
    I'd have to change firewall rules to allow it through though and I don't think people would be happy about that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Get yourself a VPN service and do all your downloading at work, doesn't matter what it is then cos work won't be able to see it and it cannot be traced back to them.

Dunno about anyone else but my 12meg connection in my house is much better than the shitter they have in work haha.

Also if your company allow outgoing VPN connections then there very foolish indeed.

Rides
    I got 40 meg when I first had Sky Fibre installed, but then performance started to degrade when we first got snow. Talking to Sky, they said the DSL profile was wrong and got Openreach to change it back and it was good for about a week and then started dropping again after we had more snow.

After a marathon troubleshooting session with an Openreach on site, it was determined that trees had stretched my telephone cable to a point where 3mm of copper had been exposed from the insulation where the cable joins the house and was causing a short circuit every time it got wet. Cable replaced and now back running at 40Meg

Rides
    My download has slowed a touch recently.