Thread: seibon carbon s14a bonnet pic request

Rides

seibon carbon s14a bonnet pic request

has anyone got one of the seibon cf bonnets from apex for their s14a? what was the fit like over the lights and on top of the grill? i bought a brand new one of unknown brand and it's miles out

here's a pic: http://www.al-locke.com/cfbonnet.jpg

i want one that fits properly but i've seen a few pics of 14a's with the seibons and they also look like they're an atrocious fit. i want cf but only if it actually lines up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by al. View Post
    has anyone got one of the seibon cf bonnets from apex for their s14a? what was the fit like over the lights and on top of the grill? i bought a brand new one of unknown brand and it's miles out

here's a pic: http://www.al-locke.com/cfbonnet.jpg

i want one that fits properly but i've seen a few pics of 14a's with the seibons and they also look like they're an atrocious fit. i want cf but only if it actually lines up
    I run a Seibon bonnet on mine and the fitment isn't as perfect as an OEM bonnet but its certainley better than the one your running . Mine has raised slightly at the edges but when i fit bonnet pins it should pull it into place and make it fit nicer. Maybe you should give fitting bonnet pins a try it may help pull it flusher but then it may start cracking the gel coat

Who is your bonnet by ?

pics of mine here

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=408971

Rides
    i don't know who it's by, i think possibly seibon. there's no way i'm gonna put bonnet pins in it with it being so far out, i'm just gonna get a refund on it. i'm gutted, it's been such a nightmare, and now i've seen the CF bonnet on her i don't wanna go back to oem! cheers for your reply though mate

anyone else had good or bad cf bonnet experiences? more pics?

Rides
    I have a siebon one too but its not that bad!! looks like the bonnet catch is not allowing it to sit properly you will need bonnet pins whatever carbonbonnet you go for though.

Rides
    Here is a pic mine of my old 14a,

I thought it was a very good fit etc:-

I also had a boot as well :-

Rides
    cheers for the replies guys, i think i've just got a duff one, i'll get my money back on it and get one from srb or apex i think
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    I have a siebon one too but its not that bad!! looks like the bonnet catch is not allowing it to sit properly you will need bonnet pins whatever carbonbonnet you go for though.
    nah it's not, it's flush along the wings and the bonnet catch is fine, the bonnet's just too high in the middle to latch. i'm gonna put pins in when the damn thing fits! don't want to bastardise it if it's never gonna look right

Rides
    Again.. Remember.. you MUST fit bonnet pins of some sort when running with a Carbon bonnet.. The risk of the catch coming off the bonnet and it smashing your windscreen and roof is nothing i would want to live with..

Rides
    definatley use bonnet pins no matter what cf bonnet you got.

got a seibon on mine and find it a very good fit tbh. quality of carbon is second to none too.

Rides
    yeah i know i know, i've got bonnet pins ready to go in, just didn't want to cut holes in a bonnet that didn't fit! got a new seibon on the way so hopefully that'll do the job
    cheers for your replies guys

nash where did you get your cf grill from?

Rides
    cheers dude, i've just realised the bodykit i'm getting doesn't use a grill though..doh