Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trax today

Rides

Trax today

i went to trax today and saw some thing happen to a car in a stand that made me wish i had a shot gun

there was stand with lots of excoitc cars and in the centre was a SC arial Atom as i was taking photo i heard a chav ( he had a wite shell suit on with wite trains and his trousers tucked in to his socks) say he was going to get in it which he did now if that was my car i would be pissed but ok not alot you can do about it with a car but next i hear him start it up and drive it off to atemp to do a few dohnuts with his other chav mates cheering him on. now the owner was a fool to leave the keys in but at a show its not some thing you expect he then parked up as people were shouting at the twat and ran off with his mates

what the F is the world coming to i wish i had a shot gun and done the work a favour

other than that it was a good show

Rides
    I was meant to be going and driving one of my mates Exiges up, but I was far to hung over

He had a pit room, to promote his finance company and had his new 59 plate GTR in there, the room cost a fortune

Rides
    yeah its allways been a chav show but today just topped it off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SX Sam View Post
    He had a pit room, to promote his finance company and had his new 59 plate GTR in there, the room cost a fortune
    Wow, you've got a mate with a GTR? Seriously? Awesome Kept that one quiet.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Wow, you've got a mate with a GTR? Seriously? Awesome Kept that one quiet.
    PMSL, its not a GTR, its actually a chav nova with a GTR bodykit

I was actually more looking forward to driving an Exige, but the after 1 beer I couldn't stop!

And I can't take my car, its broke, again, I've done about 1000 miles in the last 10 months
    Last edited by SX Sam; 06-09-2009 at 20:41.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream_ian View Post
    i went to trax today and saw some thing happen to a car in a stand that made me wish i had a shot gun

there was stand with lots of excoitc cars and in the centre was a SC arial Atom as i was taking photo i heard a chav ( he had a wite shell suit on with wite trains and his trousers tucked in to his socks) say he was going to get in it which he did now if that was my car i would be pissed but ok not alot you can do about it with a car but next i hear him start it up and drive it off to atemp to do a few dohnuts with his other chav mates cheering him on. now the owner was a fool to leave the keys in but at a show its not some thing you expect he then parked up as people were shouting at the twat and ran off with his mates

what the F is the world coming to i wish i had a shot gun and done the work a favour

other than that it was a good show
    Was it on a members type club stand or just in the random car park bit. You'd have to be really stupid or pretty forgetful to leave the keys in

Some people have some balls, and no morals at all

Quote Originally Posted by SX Sam View Post
    PMSL, its not a GTR, its actually a chav nova with a GTR bodykit

I was actually more looking forward to driving an Exige, but the after 1 beer I couldn't stop!

And I can't take my car, its broke, again, I've done about 1000 miles in the last 10 months
    Tell me more about yourself, you sound interesting.

Rides
    it was a club stand with lambos r8s and 911s lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallers View Post
    Tell me more about yourself, you sound interesting.
    I'm 24, like romantic novels and films and love walks on the beach.

Would you like to meet up sometime?

The cheek of some people, I wouldn't even have the balls to jump in a random car!

Rides
    oi get your own thread or room

Rides
    I did see some old chap driving what looked like a red ariel atom, but up close something about it just didn't look right, didnt look like a genuine one.

Cant believe that story though, saw quite a few chavs today that I would have loved to have shot!

JDM allstars and Ken block antics made it all good though

Rides
    i heard ken block was an absolute waste of time from many people.

was a complete chav fest though

Rides
    Did you all go to a different Trax to me then?

The one I went to had one of the best JDM Allstars rounds I've seen for smoke factor, a heap of exotica, some great public track time, a swarm of terrorist Exiges, the Thorney cars on demo laps, lots of really well done japanese motors and tons of generic but cool cars. A lot of stock bodies as well which was a bit of a let down.

Ken Block was awesome, but just too brief to be much fun. Was very difficult to catch his displays but what we did see were wicked.

Didn't see or hear anything about the Atom. Find it a tough cookie to swallow tbh as never seen or heard anything like that ever.

Trax is a great day out. Factz (so trooof now!)

Rides
    I dunno piman2k, people are all to quick to say trax is crap!
    Past years have been poor and if people are purely commenting on their past experiences I have say I would agree with them. That is the whole reason I hadn't been since 2006 I go to quite a few car events each year and I had reservations about Trax this year being any good.

I have to say though this year was definitely more aimed at the petrol head!!

Ken block is a total showboat but his driving skills were well apparent, he may not be colin mcrae but he does know how to put on a display though, watching him launch and fly through the tunnel and literally leep 5 foot in the air and land perfectly between a run of armco barriers and a temporary wall time after time was just so skill full!
    He literally spent the whole day giving passenger rides for people, a friend managed to win a ride in his rally car and he said it was such a rush!

As far as drifting goes I'm not a hardcore fan but the JDM Allstars put on such a show, I didnt know UK guys could do tandem drifting so well! you could tell all they wanted to do was entertain the crowd, Phil Morrison literally had me on the edge of my seat with his aggressive yet precise driving, the guys drifting skills are immense and pretty comparable to some of the top Japanese D1 drivers I've seen on some JDM option videos. Even though he made a silly mistake at the end his car and the way it was tamed was simply on another level!! have to be honest I freakin love his S15 and how it has developed through the years, such an animal in comparison to any of the other drift cars!

Also the monster energy guys were pretty damn impressive, I thought they looked a little stupid on there mini 4-stoke motor-x bikes but the guys were simply awesome at what they did and it was easy to believe that they were a couple of the best free style riders from the states.

Haven't even mentioned the fun we had on the Silverstone gp track, but even if you didn't drive around the circuit there was plenty to do.
    This year was a lot less chavy imo.
    Last edited by Hesky; 07-09-2009 at 13:58.

Rides
    i never said it was crap

the drifting was awesome, phil morrisons car is in my top 5 all time cars and that wide arch 350 was gorgeous. i'm just iin a bad mood about the show in general after queuing for well over 2 hours to get in and getting the chance to see everything becuase so many stands were hidden away

and it was a chav fest in the main area

Rides
    didnt think it was a great show tbh. jdm allstars was the highlight of the show for me and ken block was a bit of a let down imo.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I didnt go (day after a staggy ) but from what Ive read and heard, if you took JDM Allstars away from it then it wasnt all that. Fair comment??
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    yeah fair comment. imo jts is a far better show, easier to see every stand, edc, time attack, jap only, hardly any ques, more enjoyable spectating track time even though they dont use the gp track, and far better quality of cars imo.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    yeah fair comment. imo jts is a far better show, easier to see every stand, edc, time attack, jap only, hardly any ques, more enjoyable spectating track time even though they dont use the gp track, and far better quality of cars imo.
    It takes bloody ages for a road car to lap the GP track, would be much nicer if they used the international track running down to Abbey hairpin. Quite a technical track and lap times are still sensible.

Rides
    Stand i was on didnt see part of the show we were so far away from everything but then there was so many club stands they have to fit everyone in and not everyone will get a decent spot. Little gutted i didnt find the sxoc stand as wanted a nose about. JDMallstars were very good missed the final as didnt wanna que like we did to get in.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    didnt think it was a great show tbh. jdm allstars was the highlight of the show for me and ken block was a bit of a let down imo.
    JTS is just jap cars though, I like a bit of variety

This year they had a lot going on and it could have been better organised. I will probably go again next year as I feel it will be better arranged and with any luck a reduction in chav numbers

Quote Originally Posted by woolleyman View Post
    Stand i was on didnt see part of the show we were so far away from everything but then there was so many club stands they have to fit everyone in and not everyone will get a decent spot. Little gutted i didnt find the sxoc stand as wanted a nose about. JDMallstars were very good missed the final as didnt wanna que like we did to get in.
    The final ran over quite a bit so lots of people had headed off by that time. We watched the finals to the end and didn't cue to get out have to be honest the final was the best, i haven't seen UK tandem drifting so close!