Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Tiny - my new Eunos

Rides
    Looks awesome Hallsy

Rides
    Thats a cool wee car you have there like it, the roll bar really helps it look more manly as do the seats.
    Last edited by AndyS13; 04-01-2010 at 22:46.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Looking good

I've got a becker in mine too - they are awesome head units I need to support it at the back as it keeps drooping at the rear
    I have some pictures of how I supported mine somewhere, I'll put them up Basically I made a bracket that attaches to rear of the headunit and bolts through the compartment underneath.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Looks awesome Hallsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Itek View Post
    Thats a cool wee car you have there like it, the roll bar really helps it look more manly as do the seats.
    Thankyou

I haven't really done a lot to it myself as it was pretty much spot on when I got it from Madda. Just made a few subtle changes!

FI will be coming soon though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallsy View Post
    Thankyou

I haven't really done a lot to it myself as it was pretty much spot on when I got it from Madda. Just made a few subtle changes!

FI will be coming soon though
    I have to say, I wasnt the mug who mullered the seat bolts. I used the ones used by the guy who had it before me cos they were the only ones which would fit (if you can call it that) after he got his hands on them.

Bar looks awesome, seats look awesome, headunit looks very pimp.

Rides
    I have some pictures of how I supported mine somewhere, I'll put them up Basically I made a bracket that attaches to rear of the headunit and bolts through the compartment underneath.
    Cool - cheers Mine gets annoying as if they aren't mounted right stuff stops working - the display won't open etc

Shame yours isn't a 1.8 or I could have helped on the FI front

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Madda View Post
    I have to say, I wasnt the mug who mullered the seat bolts. I used the ones used by the guy who had it before me cos they were the only ones which would fit (if you can call it that) after he got his hands on them.

Bar looks awesome, seats look awesome, headunit looks very pimp.
    It's cool mate, I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone I suppose it's easilly done if someone doesn't realise a bolt is fine thread, but it should be pretty obvious after a couple of turns No big deal anyway, was easilly sorted.

Anything new on the horizon for yours mate?

Rides
    Cool - cheers Mine gets annoying as if they aren't mounted right stuff stops working - the display won't open etc

Shame yours isn't a 1.8 or I could have helped on the FI front
    I'll get them up later.

Are you selling up your FI bits then Jon?

I reckon I'm going to go down the Mini SC route using Barry Spiers' setup. I've got the CAD drawings he did originally although I haven't kept up with the thread recently. I'll be able to make the bracketry/etc myself, and the chargers are (were) fairly cheap - so seems like a good bang for buck. I know it won't be much good for more than 200bhp, but that should still be a right good laugh in the '5

Rides
    I'll get them up later.

Are you selling up your FI bits then Jon?

I reckon I'm going to go down the Mini SC route using Barry Spiers' setup. I've got the CAD drawings he did originally although I haven't kept up with the thread recently. I'll be able to make the bracketry/etc myself, and the chargers are (were) fairly cheap - so seems like a good bang for buck. I know it won't be much good for more than 200bhp, but that should still be a right good laugh in the '5
    Nah - I ended up buying the turbo kit from Madda's breaker so now I have 2 Some of the bits were uprated compared to my existing kit, so I've swapped over the better bits and will sell the leftovers on as a nearly complete kit once it's all done. It's missing one or two minor bits currently but nothing you couldn't get fairly easily

The mini blowers do look like a pretty decent solution - someone on the nutz forum has been making the kits up and selling them on nearly complete for just under a grand complete with a refurbed blower, which is very good value.

Rides
    I wondered how long it would be before the kits were being sold. There was a guy selling refurbed blowers once it picked up a bit after Barry's thread.

Not a bad price at all especially as it includes everything. If I do the metalwork myself, I've only got to pay for the blower, management (will probably build a MegaSquirt) & injectors. So shouldn't cost too much at all
    Last edited by Hallsy; 05-01-2010 at 12:12.

Rides
    That looks lovely mate! I would really like a fully stripped and caged MX5 actually, bet it would prove a right lane hacker

Rides
    Oh yes!! - just ask Madda He definately hacked up the local lanes when he took me for a test drive!!

I've hacked it around my local lanes fairly well, but I think Madda is in a different place mentally well, probably just more talented than myself!

Rides
    Anything new on the horizon for yours mate?
    Well, I was being a tw@t and rummaging through my centre console when exiting Ikea and curbed two wheels with plenty of mates behind me to see, so need to sort them

Cold start stilll isnt perfect, but at least its teaching me to tinker with the management (where it is safe) myself.

New stereo is awesome, as is the 40ft/lb torque increase in places that mapping achieved Did you hear it on the video I posted?

I want a new bucket seat.

It's missing one or two minor bits currently but nothing you couldn't get fairly easily
    Yeah, when I kick my own ass onto the drive to whip them off.

Oh yes!! - just ask Madda He definately hacked up the local lanes when he took me for a test drive!!

I've hacked it around my local lanes fairly well, but I think Madda is in a different place mentally well, probably just more talented than myself!
    You charmer

As always Alan, let me know if your in or around Bristol and your welcome to a go.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Madda View Post
    Yeah, when I kick my own ass onto the drive to whip them off.
    No real rush mate. There's a few other odds and sods I'd need to add to it too - DV etc and the air filter, but I've got some spare bits lying around, and will prob need a better DV too myself..

Rides
    Nice MX-5, making me go look myself now after much ado. Nice daily drive with some fun factors involved.

Still would like a supercharged one mind. Makes a change from constantly having turbo'd cars.