Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schumacher calls off comeback...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynissan View Post
    Ahh right. Good point. Infact while we're at it I'm sure he threw himself off the bike just incase this situation ever arose. Just incase he required an excuse.
    Now you're getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by German cheat lover
    And he's incredibly fit, and still young

And, after all he is a racing driver. Not someone that works in insurance popping out on a bike ride for the first time in a while...
    Who says I work in insurance? I'll have you know I do no such thing - I only pretend to

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Who says I work in insurance?
    well all the lying, dishonesty and the inability to be truthful to yourself without trying to mirror the downfalls in your own personality on to those more successfull than yourself ... would either indicate insurance or banking

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    well all the lying, dishonesty and the inability to be truthful to yourself without trying to mirror the downfalls in your own personality on to those more successfull than yourself ... would either indicate insurance or banking
    pmsl

Rides
    Oh well, at least we can look forward to next year when they remove the most exciting part of the race - refueling.

Trader: Plus Four Engineering Plus4E's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Would made an already cracking good year of Formula1 even better. Shame it aint gonna happen....
    Agreed I'm not the biggest Schumi fan, but it would have really been the icing on the cake for one of the more interesting seasons for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    So the cynic in me wonders if it really is the neck injury or the fact he has realised he isnt a quick as he used to be and will probably get his ass handed to him by Vettel
    Yeah, we'll never know though. Maybe his neck is not up to it, but I suspect that if he was crap (and any timings made public were not necessarily true), that some excuse would be made. It wouldn't be very god for Ferrari to say "we decided not to run him, cos he was rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    Maybe, shame though thought it would add even more spice into the season.
    Weird, that's almost exactly word for work what I wrote in a similar discussion elsewhere.
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Trader: Plus Four Engineering Plus4E's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynissan View Post
    He said before even stepping foot in the car that his neck maybe a problem. So it wasn't dreamed up by lack of performance.
    Or "OK, there's some possibility that I might be a bit crap now, so let's define our get our clause first..."

[/cynic]
    Where ever you go, never take an idiot with you. You can be sure you'll find one when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    The lower front bar was also showing the typical signs of any metal attached to an s13

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Guys, guys - stop this bickering and concentrate on the point - at least he isnt French.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    roffle at Johnny and Doc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus-Ninja View Post
    Or "OK, there's some possibility that I might be a bit crap now, so let's define our get our clause first..."

[/cynic]
    Why though? What would have changed in 2 years that'd stop him from being a top top driver to a poor one now.
    (And before you cry that Alonso beat him please check the performance of that Renault versus the Ferrari with their Fiscichella and Massa )

Edit: I hated the bloody kraut when he used to drive. Just not a daft cynic.

Rides
    give the guy a break he did fracture bones in his neck and back earlier this year and it takes a very long time for these to heal.

Don't particularly like schui but he is one of the best drivers F1 has had and it is it a real shame that he can't stand in for Massa.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'm gutted he won't be back tbh. Thing to note (I haven't read the entire thread so may of already been covered) is that shumacher was testing in a 2007 car not a 2008 like was mentioned and also was on tyres that are designed for an entirely different platform than the ferrari (gp2 car). I have heard no where else that he was 1 second slower than kimi. I didn't even realise kimi drove the same car on the same day If he didn't test the same spec car that day then it really renders the times almost useless imho

Oh and luca badoer(sp) sucks, he used to race before back in the 90's iirc and never did all that well
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I'm only really upset he's not coming back so we don't get to see Hamilton handing his arse to him on a plate

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Oh and luca badoer(sp) sucks, he used to race before back in the 90's iirc and never did all that well
    To be fair look at the teams he drove for, hardly even mid-pack contenders. Always thought he was quite highly regarded as a test driver, I suppose you have to be to keep a job at Ferrari for 12 years!

In all honesty I'm not that disappointed, just had the feeling that with Ferrari's performances so far this season he'd have just looked distinctly average in amongst the likes of the RB cars, regardless of his talent. I guess we'll never find out now...

I also heard Schumi was due to replace Jacko in the O2 gigs

Rides
    I believe his career is rated at over 40 race starts with no points scored.

Rides
    ^^^ yea in a minardi, put shuey in that situation and we'd be sayin he's sh!t

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    ^^^ yea in a minardi, put shuey in that situation and we'd be sayin he's sh!t
    Schumacher started off in an uncompetitive jordan and quickly got snapped up. If you are good enough to be a regular top 5 driver you would not ever have to start 40 races in a manardi
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post
    I also heard Schumi was due to replace Jacko in the O2 gigs
    That's weird, I heard that Jacko was going to replace Schuey in Spain

Rides
    Schumacher started off in an uncompetitive jordan and quickly got snapped up. If you are good enough to be a regular top 5 driver you would not ever have to start 40 races in a manardi

so whats button been doing the last 5 years or whatever... driving a shit honda, yet he's good enough to win!

also id like to say i think shuey is making an excuse because he isnt quick enough.. same reason he didnt drive the reasonably priced car on top gear, he was probably scared old man mansell would'v beat him

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    so whats button been doing the last 5 years or whatever... driving a shit honda, yet he's good enough to win!

also id like to say i think shuey is making an excuse because he isnt quick enough.. same reason he didnt drive the reasonably priced car on top gear, he was probably scared old man mansell would'v beat him
    Button is a victum of his own greed. If you remember he had various chances of going to other teams, infact he actually signed for wiliams again a few years back but bought himself out of his contract. I was thinking more along the lines of Mark webber and Alonso who both have worked their way up to top teams from manardi

As for the resonably priced car it may be against his contract to drive it, similar to the problems that occur at ROC

Rides
    yea and its only taken webber 130 attempts and big rule changes this year for his 1st win. its not black and white that badoer sucks, its all about circumstance