Thread: afc neo map

Rides

afc neo map

hey there ive just picked up an afc neo brand new nice and cheap and want to know what i can do with it?

the car is currently at stage1 with a tomei manifold but with no chip,

i want to add to the car nismo 740cc injectors, a z32 afm and maby fit a t28r

the car is a s14a, basically im looking for stage 2a but by using a bigger afm and bigger injectors, how would you go about using the afc and can it all be set up with these mods?

im not really very good with understanding maps but ive got a z32 afm and putting 740's instead of 555's leaves me room for more power in the future,

many thanks lewis

Rides
    You won't be able to use an SAFC with 740cc injectors effectively - the max I'd recommend would be 555s.

What power are you trying to achieve? The GT28R turbo will do about 300bhp ish, maybe a bit more if you push it. I'd go for a GT2871R if you're going to the trouble of swapping turbos, then go for a Z32 AFM, 740cc injectors and a custom map. You could then sell the Neo or use it for fine tuning if you change things in the future. That'll get you approx 340-350bhp.

If you want to stick with the neo you'll need smaller injectors really. If you want to use the 740s then you could go for a custom map. You've got a set of mis-matched parts really.

Rides
    sorry just realised i have posted in the wrong section, well ive got a z32 so i might aswell use it as running in the late 200's the standard one i assume will max out.

im looking for a chip that i can use to run a t28 with a z32 and 555's and then use the neo to fine tune it all to my car, and use it to see readouts ect. is it possible to use the 2a chip? with a z32? and the fine tune with the neo?

i want to keep the car on a t28 but if it blows up then ill put a t28r on instead. i idealy want to make about the 300bhp mark as the car is a daily and i dont want to take it too far if you get what i mean.

so this is the spec im looking for pretty much to make 300bhp?

all my stage 1 mods
    boost controller
    afc neo
    555's
    z32
    and some kind of custom chip?

thanks for your help as im reallt trying to understand maps and all that

Rides
    If you're going to stay with a T28/GT28R then the most cost effective way would be to go for a stage 2a ECU upgrade and use the Neo to fine tune if you want to.

If you're dead set on the Z32 AFM then you'd need to bring the car over for a custom map. You could use the Neo to fine tune.

I don't think you'll see much gain with a Z32 AFM over the standard one with a T28/GT28R.

Rides
    ok thats pretty much what im aiming for, or could i use a stage 3 chip on a t28? and fine tune with the neo.

so if i bring the car in with the neo fitted and all the parts fitted bar the z32 which i have obtained what is a rough price to have it all set up with a custom map and the neo tweaked?

thanks lewis

Rides
    There'd be no point in a stage 3 map with a T28. We always recommend going for stage 3a now - the GT2871R is just better than the GT28RS for stage 3.

Custom mapping is £349.99 + £24.99 fitting. Z32 AFM fitting is £59.99

Rides
    that sounds my best bet, and just have the afc neo to tell me whats going on and to look cool

its probably and asked questoin but running at stage 3 compared to my current stage 1 without a map, what is the car going to be like on fuel?

at the moment the car returns about 130 miles from 27 litres of v power

Rides
    Fuel consumption should be about the same, assuming you're not nailing it everywhere

Rides
    i think i would have the boost set up for sensilbe and fun modes i dont know what boost is reccomended to drive the car on with that turbo, is it worth fitting 740cc injectors over the 555cc at stage 3a or just get the 3a chip with 555s?

Rides
    I'd go for 740s given the choice - if you want to go further you won't have to buy bigger injectors.