Thread: Friday ? Bored?

Rides

Friday ? Bored?

Then take a look at our new website and provide us with some feedback... it would be much appreciated

www.clubmodified.com

Cheers,

Scott

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    A quick look (off home in a couple of minutes) it seems nice and slick. Tidy, smooth graphics and easy on the eye. Simple, easy-to-read layout and I like the red, grey and white colour scheme.

Rides
    Very pretty Tho slightly ironic it's called club modified and the entry graphic has a totally stock 350Z

I do like it a lot tho, looks great

Rides
    Your "F" is back to front in the logo, a mistake highlighted by making it a different colour to the rest of the word. It is distracting, not to mention wholly un-necessary. Sack your designer for being a tit, if they think that sort of thing is acceptable in the civilised world of unsupervised employment.

Rides
    There's a load of text on the loading page with the 350z, but the page loads too fast to read it. I'd get rid of it as it seems a bit pointless

Rides
    Slick, like it. I aslo like the fact that the flash loads nice and fast, my pet hate is slow loading flash into pages

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_melon View Post
    There's a load of text on the loading page with the 350z, but the page loads too fast to read it. I'd get rid of it as it seems a bit pointless
    Thanks - - we'll look at doing that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Your "F" is back to front in the logo, a mistake highlighted by making it a different colour to the rest of the word. It is distracting, not to mention wholly un-necessary. Sack your designer for being a tit, if they think that sort of thing is acceptable in the civilised world of unsupervised employment.
    But they've modified the F you see. And it's club modified. See what they've done there Aitch

Being constructive now, the constantly animating logo at the top is distracting. I'd leave it as a still image myself. But then I'm old and boring and liked it when this were all fields, so don't listen to me
    Last edited by Cluck; 31-07-2009 at 20:00. Reason: awfully sorry about incorrect use of their instead of there. I am frightfully drunk you know.

Rides
    I dont like the spinning 350z, i'd probably stick a normal picture of a car there instead!

Rides
    I like it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-****-Shit-****-Bollocks View Post
    See what they've done there Aitch
    No. I don't.

Rides
    Had a quick look at the forum and have to say i would much prefer it if you didnt have to drill down through a couple of sub forums to get to basic sections like engine modifications or such.
    Try and have the main ones on the first page, bit like the sxoc with rusty technical and s14 tech on the front page... ect

just my 10p's worth

Rides
    flash intro pages died in the 90s, they have no use but to hinder search engines and waste time, seen any other sites with them recently?

have the logo in the header go through the animation once then remain static, nice little graphic though

the homepage menus on the left need to be cleaner with some whitespace applied, give the columns some room to breathe rather than having them all crushed together.

the markup on the site needs cleaning up, move all the javascript/ajax to an external set of files along with the css, it shouldn't be embedded on the page as it makes site wide changes a hassle when it shouldn't be.

be careful of using fancy lightboxes to display textual information as some browsers/platforms won't be able to view it properly i.e: the search results, sometimes it's better to keep it simple.

from a marketing point of view, you need to make it clearer what sets this site apart from the rest, what's the USP - because there's no shortage of generic car forums.

at the end of the day, the forum is the main hub of the site and as that's straight out of the box that will work fine but it's always a struggle to get the users signed up initially so you need to define and differentitate yourselves from the rest.

design is my day job by the way so hope some of the above helps

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireRam View Post
    flash intro pages died in the 90s, they have no use but to hinder search engines and waste time, seen any other sites with them recently?

have the logo in the header go through the animation once then remain static, nice little graphic though

the homepage menus on the left need to be cleaner with some whitespace applied, give the columns some room to breathe rather than having them all crushed together.

the markup on the site needs cleaning up, move all the javascript/ajax to an external set of files along with the css, it shouldn't be embedded on the page as it makes site wide changes a hassle when it shouldn't be.

be careful of using fancy lightboxes to display textual information as some browsers/platforms won't be able to view it properly i.e: the search results, sometimes it's better to keep it simple.

from a marketing point of view, you need to make it clearer what sets this site apart from the rest, what's the USP - because there's no shortage of generic car forums.

at the end of the day, the forum is the main hub of the site and as that's straight out of the box that will work fine but it's always a struggle to get the users signed up initially so you need to define and differentitate yourselves from the rest.

design is my day job by the way so hope some of the above helps
    Great stuff mate