Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2432

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It's a bit annoying but at the end of the day it should be an easy fix. That is unless the hardpipe snaps on the passenger side as we haven't tried to undo that one yet

The more I think about it the more I'm sure that the starter isn't the issue with the audi.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Did you fit those brakes yourself?

Was it easy? I've got a set of Z32 rears that I want to fit over the Easter weekend.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    No I couldn't be bothered to do them myself They don't look too bad to fit tbh just fiddly and time consuming
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    New lines in and system bleed. I need to invest in some new fluid and change the fluid completely though (The fluid has been sat in the garage for a couple years now which apparently is bad??)

The brakes seem good but not as amazing as i'd expect. The abs cuts in very easily which feels a bit strange, maybe the poor fluid is making them too grabby and locking the wheels up??

I also seem to have a bit of free motion in the pedal. Is their any way to take up the slack?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Did you fit those brakes yourself?

Was it easy? I've got a set of Z32 rears that I want to fit over the Easter weekend.
    Those rears are either easy to fit OR a complete ball ache to fit and will piss you off lol.

Rides
    You have pedal movement before braking happens? If you have a bmc stopper, well secured braided lines and no air in it then likely there is some damp in the fluid I would think. New fluid is probably going to help, then some miles to settle everything then maybe another bleed to make sure no air.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah it's almost as if the pedal is slack before the brakes get going. No air in the system now either as we bled it twice. Apparently their is some funky new blue fluid which is impermeable to liquid and as such lasts pretty much forever

I'll get some miles on them so it all beds in and then flush the system and start again I think

Still need to get the tracking done pretty urgently also

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Got to test the car acceleration on a private bit of airfield today.

This is a vid of how it gets through the gears.

Looking at other videos of cars with the same spec I'd say mine was still down on power Will be able to tell for certain at the rolling road day later in the year.

Rides
    That seems to go fairly well, but hard to tell with the pause in 4th gear..

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I know. I wasn't sure how much tarmac we had left

Got this clip as well although it's pretty rubbish

Rides
    Was that second gear WOT? Seems a bit laggy, when do you get full boost with 71R?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    About 3.5k iirc It's definitely more laggy than standard I still need to do a proper boost leak test. Might get the car to hdev for a custom map at some point as I feel it could be better

Rides
    Arch roller is here... I'll bring it Monday if you like?

You worry too much Chris You cant tell from a video like that if it's down on power, there's so many variables! Just be happy that it's awesome, and get that confirmed at the RR day.

If it feels really bad then worry, but I think it's all in your head

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'm not really worried more concerned that I am getting my moneys worth from the mods that I have done I want the car to be mint so I am very critical of it.

I tried to remove the last of the pinstripe earlier with a toffee wheel but the paint is now a little damaged as it took so much effort to get it off I haven't really lost out though I guess seeing as the wing and the door would of needed to be painted either way

If you could bring the arch roller on monday that would be fantastic. I could bring it back one evening or on my day off if you need it back quickly

Rides
    Chris, I've just watched a video of my dash and that is certainly not as fast as your video you've just posted.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Vid looks good - looks like it pulls hard and steadily right up to naughty speeds! Was the hesitation waiting for other users on the airfield to move out of the way? Those pesky 747's are so slow aren't they?!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Vid looks good - looks like it pulls hard and steadily right up to naughty speeds! Was the hesitation waiting for other users on the airfield to move out of the way? Those pesky 747's are so slow aren't they?!

More or less mate yes It seems properly rapid at the moment to me especially as the alignment is off so it's a touch twitchy

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Makes me envious... Drove my Golf TDi today to Boston and back - it felt so quick!! But I've been trundling round in a 1.5 diesel Nissan Note for the last month so pretty much anything feels quick at the mo I need to sort a fun daily out...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Found out why the car felt slow. I'd left it in low boost It now feels quick once again

In other news I finally got my alignment sorted today by Protyre in Exeter. They are a good bunch of guys who seem to know what they are doing. My car now feels more planted in the wet then it was in the dry before the changes

I had them set the car to the whiteline settings which is what the last place I used were also supposed to of done, as you can see they were miles out

After the alignment my rear wheels were scrubbing really badly so I dropped in at rare rims on the way home to borrow their arch roller (Cheers Evilchap ) After around 30mins I was done and the car was good to go once again

Rides
    What are the wheel/tyre specs on your car atm? Looks spot on