Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Rides
    Screw type as in its a got a massive thread that it winds up and down on with a dirty great handle on the top that screws the press up and down the thread. If so that's all I used at work. Its called a fly press by the way

Yeah its easy, I didn't even use circlip pliers. I just used a screw driver. Cheers

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah thats the thing. Flypress hey - Everydays a school day
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Thanks to some helpful advice i have now ordered a new balljoint from camskill for £35 delivered which isn't too bad.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Thanks to some helpful advice i have now ordered a new balljoint from camskill for £35 delivered which isn't too bad.
    I got it completely wrong
    Chris, could you do me a favour? I could do with the diameter of the splitpin for the BJ's as I need some for mine.

Cheers
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
    I got it completely wrong
    Chris, could you do me a favour? I could do with the diameter of the splitpin for the BJ's as I need some for mine.

Cheers
    I will see what I can do mate

Rides
    I will see what I can do mate
    Thanks
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Small update.

The front ball joint has been fitted with help from Ben (evilchap) off here and more than a little swearing from me

I would suggest that if anyone plans on doing this job that they make sure they have a blow torch at hand, it would probably cut the time it took us to do it in half

I forgot to get any pictures of the work but did have a sneaky test fit of some rims

18.9.5 et30 with 225/40/18's on iirc Fitted a treat, not too sure on the colour tho

Today I prepped the car for it's mot on wednesday (it ran out yesterday).

Refitted the cat (horrid thing) and finally got around to getting my side repeater working after about 6 months of ignoring it.

Also gave it a good clean and used some autoglym paint restorer (cheers Teggers) which seems to of got rid of most of my swirl marks, for now at least

Will have a go at changing the oil tomorrow. How hard can it be

Last edited by Chriscooke; 19-11-2009 at 22:32.

Rides
    Wheels look good - id go for a bronze colour though

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Yeah thats what i was thinking also to be honest. They looked quite good in chrome but I think that it's a bit much for my car really

Rides
    Good going dude

Personally I think the wheels you already have kick the ass off the rotas

Hope the oil change goes well

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Looks nice and shiny! Glad the polish worked for you

TBH, you'd be shocked - I haven't washed my car for over a week now. Its currently splattered with compound from my abortive attempt at machine polishing the bumper smooth and shiny as I screwed up on the clearcoat Might end up flatting it all back and asking a local bodyshop to clearcoat it for me. Although it probably didn't help that I was spraying the lacquer around midnight Thought it would be ok in my garage - I was wrong...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmini View Post
    Good going dude

Personally I think the wheels you already have kick the ass off the rotas

Hope the oil change goes well

Mine are tatty, the rota's are half the weight, wider and nice and new

There are other wheels I would like but I can't justify paying twice the price of what these cost Thats a lot of money that could be spent enjoying myself or even added to my savings

Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Looks nice and shiny! Glad the polish worked for you

TBH, you'd be shocked - I haven't washed my car for over a week now. Its currently splattered with compound from my abortive attempt at machine polishing the bumper smooth and shiny as I screwed up on the clearcoat Might end up flatting it all back and asking a local bodyshop to clearcoat it for me. Although it probably didn't help that I was spraying the lacquer around midnight Thought it would be ok in my garage - I was wrong...

The polish seems to of done the job mate. I might give it another going over at some point if I can be bothered before I see you next to try and make it even better

As for the spraying mate it was probably too cold at that time of night. I thought that the paint needed to be sprayed at around 18 - 20oc

Not supprised you haven't washed your car to be honest. You have a bit on your plate and I find there to be little point when you still have to sort out major bodywork parts in your case the bumper

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Might have another go at spraying tomorrow if its like this again. Will need more clearcoat though (got to stop off for dog food on the way home anyway and Hellfrauds is next door to the pet food shop) but I still have the compressor for as long as I need it

Rides
    Nice & Shiny there

A big no to the rota's, keep the z wheels

Looks smashing as always

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post
    Nice & Shiny there

A big no to the rota's, keep the z wheels

Looks smashing as always
    Cheers mate. I knew you'd hate the idea of rotas tho

Will see whats about when the time comes to change wheels. Will be a way off yet anyway

The oil is now changed for some nice silkoline 10w 50 iirc as suggested by the oilman I now have no vvt rattle, for a while at least
    Oil changes on the 200 are possibly the easiest diy job ever
    Last edited by Chriscooke; 12-09-2009 at 17:13.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I have just got home from the mot station and I can now tell everyone that it failed

Seems like the ball joint that I thought was still fine on the passengers side is also screwed, along with the tie rod ends and a small patch of rust on the drivers side front turret

Anyone know a good place to get tie rod ends from

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Anyone know a good place to get tie rod ends from
    Have answered my own question

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...0b0s2492p12640

Rides
    Chris, pattern parts (blueprint) are for about £24.99 or something for an end from motor factors

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post
    Chris, pattern parts (blueprint) are for about £24.99 or something for an end from motor factors
    Doh I just payed about £33 delivered for them. It's not too bad tho as I got both the ends and a ball joint for £90 delivered

Should make the car drive a bit better after. No wonder I thought it wasn't handling well.

Rides
    Doh I just payed about £33 delivered for them. It's not too bad tho as I got both the ends and a ball joint for £90 delivered

Should make the car drive a bit better after. No wonder I thought it wasn't handling well.
    Fair play dude

Can only imagine you driving along humming '3 wheels on my wagon....'