Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2432

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Rides
    Chris get a Nismo Supercopper mix they will handle 380ps and come with a lightened flywheel

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Sad times

On the plus side - if it gets any worse, I'll be able to beat you in the Skoda

If you find a clutch and would like moral support while swapping it over, give me a shout
    Oh noes not the skoda

Cheers for the offer but I really don't fancy swapping the clutch myself. I've grown tired of struggling with the car of late so may just get it fitted by a garage

Quote Originally Posted by crouchy View Post
    Chris get a Nismo Supercopper mix they will handle 380ps and come with a lightened flywheel
    Never heard of that clutch tbh mate 380ps doesn't leave me much headroom either
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I plan on running about 350 on mine with the Nismo clutch. Should leave you plenty of room unless you are going further than stage 3 which would mean a twin plate paddle or something of that nature

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I've been looking at the act clutch that can handle 450ftlbs. I'm probably going to push for near 400bhp useable power at some point, that should be doable with the ACT
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    The only problem with the ACT that holds 450 is that it will kill the engine from causing crank walk hence why i sold the one that i bought.

Rides
    I went for a competition clutch, they do all sorts of stages to suit different outputs, they could also be worth a look as they're well priced and loads of the drift guys use them in anger

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by crouchy View Post
    The only problem with the ACT that holds 450 is that it will kill the engine from causing crank walk hence why i sold the one that i bought.
    I'll have to do some research I guess. Why would only the ACT cause this over any other strong single plate clutch

I went for a competition clutch, they do all sorts of stages to suit different outputs, they could also be worth a look as they're well priced and loads of the drift guys use them in anger
    I'll look in to them, where did you get yours from?

What are you doing on here anyway? Should you not be enjoying married life

Rides
    I think its to do with the extreme clamping force it puts onto the crank as its still an organic clutch disc.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'll look in to it. Cheers buddy

Rides
    crank ''walk'' only happens if you sit with your foot on the clutch for long periods which you shouldnt be doing anyway, other than that it would take a much stronger spring than your leg could press to overcome the oil pressure seal that the thrusts have covering them all the time protecting them and the crank. think about how much pressure the big ends get on them and they never touch each other (unless you have a CA ). and those are under the same oil pressure.

ive run an xtd clutch and flywheel on mine at 400bhp for about 30k miles with no issues, id look at one of those if you can get them for an SR

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Oh noes not the skoda
    Lol Seriously though - when down this way, keep an eye out for a silver Fabia VRS on Kahn RSR's with a FMIC cutout in the bumper. The clue is in the little 'ring sticker on the tailgate. He's mentally quick. I heard he's pushing over 400 torques and around 300bhp - not sure how accurate/true it is though but it is seriously fast.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    crank ''walk'' only happens if you sit with your foot on the clutch for long periods which you shouldnt be doing anyway, other than that it would take a much stronger spring than your leg could press to overcome the oil pressure seal that the thrusts have covering them all the time protecting them and the crank. think about how much pressure the big ends get on them and they never touch each other (unless you have a CA ). and those are under the same oil pressure.

ive run an xtd clutch and flywheel on mine at 400bhp for about 30k miles with no issues, id look at one of those if you can get them for an SR
    Cheers m.d.

Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Lol Seriously though - when down this way, keep an eye out for a silver Fabia VRS on Kahn RSR's with a FMIC cutout in the bumper. The clue is in the little 'ring sticker on the tailgate. He's mentally quick. I heard he's pushing over 400 torques and around 300bhp - not sure how accurate/true it is though but it is seriously fast.
    It's running 280bhp Ollie was talking about it at the pub meet a couple months back and I had a look at it at the spring performance car action day a couple weeks back

Rides
    Chris if your still not set on which clutch to get, I have an RPS Max Street + Cynergy flywheel. Very good so far, and rated to 450ftlbs

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers buddy, They seem to be hard to get hold of though. Have you had to uprate anything else to run that clutch?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Today I finally fitted my zenki spats, it's only taken me a year

The one on the drivers side fits perfectly but the passenger one isn't very good, I guess thats what happens when you buy copies

Think it finishes off the lines of the car nicely, I need to get around to getting my new rear bumper sprayed now

Rides
    A little trimming and I am sure the other one will be ok

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    A little trimming and I am sure the other one will be ok
    Fingers crossed. I couldn't be botherd with anymore tonight so I took it to the jetwash to blast the dust off and then chucked it back in the garage after it had dried. Don't have to think about it when it's over there

I did grab these pics in the process though

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Rubby Rubby

I really need to make sure I don't run out of fuel on the m5 again as I paid £1.51ltr in the place pictured below

Rides
    have you had any arch mods to get that fitment as id be more than happy with that on mine,

whats your wheel specs again by the way, spacers, offsets, widths etc im trying to find out the quickest way to give my car a more aggressive look without messing about too much.

also i read that you had an unnopened block in a previous post, am i right in saying your still even running the standard head gasket??
    Last edited by m.d.; 04-05-2011 at 20:57.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Slight roll on the arches and they fit fine. The wheels are 9.5 et12 rear and et25 front with a 15mm spacer making et10. I run a 225/40/18 tyre all around had had no issues with clearance with the fulkans I ran before the toyo's.

My engine is 100% un opened, standard hg in all. The sr is good for ~400bhp from what I'm told