Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Rides
    good work chris they look sweet

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I must have been half asleep last week - didn't see you put up a sneaky project thread!! Good job on the brakes yestarday looking good!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    I must have been half asleep last week - didn't see you put up a sneaky project thread!! Good job on the brakes yestarday looking good!
    Yeah I got a bit bored mate so posted it up Gives me something to look back over and see how I have wasted all my money
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Gives me something to look back over and see how I have wasted all my money
    Invested, you've invested, not wasted Just keep telling yourself, it really helps!

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Yeah I got a bit bored mate so posted it up Gives me something to look back over and see how I have wasted all my money
    Lol! 1 way of looking at it! There would be little point to doing a thread for my car - most of the hard work has already been done (by Ari Vatanen on here) before I bought it. He did giive me a couple of CD's worth of pics of the build up and a MASSIVE file of pretty much every receipt ever for the car!

Although I'm starting to go down the bodywork route as its something I've been experimenting with. I now have the use of spraying facilities, taught myself how to fibreglass on those skirts and am considering looking into welding kit too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Invested, you've invested, not wasted Just keep telling yourself, it really helps!

Thats my excuse....and i'm sticking to it!lol

Nice work Chris, you have spottless paint!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Ahh that does sound much better actually

Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    He did giive me a couple of CD's worth of pics of the build up and a MASSIVE file of pretty much every receipt ever for the car!

Although I'm starting to go down the bodywork route as its something I've been experimenting with. I now have the use of spraying facilities, taught myself how to fibreglass on those skirts and am considering looking into welding kit too.
    My old man keeps trying to get me to learn to weld. We have all the gear for both arc and mig welding but I haven't got round to properly learning yet

I have also set up a big ring binder with all the receipts and old mot's etc in it. The folders getting bigger at an alarming rate tho

Quote Originally Posted by CillianS14a View Post
    Thats my excuse....and i'm sticking to it!lol

Nice work Chris, you have spottless paint!
    Cheers mate, the paints not as good as it looks in the pics but would come up nice with a bit of work/a proper detail
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Well this looks like it may be the next job

My apex full alignment arm set and rear underbrace

I'll also have to replace the front balljoint and steering rod arm. Is that an easy job or a pita?

Rides
    nice bits chris

as for front ball join just by new dw / apex bottom arms

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    nice bits chris

as for front ball join just by new dw / apex bottom arms
    Ha ha they are mucho money iirc

Rides
    ....and rear underbrace
    Where does this fit? Any idea how functional it is?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It fits accross the rear subrfame between the two tc arms(I think thats the right name for the arms). To be honest I am not sure how good they are all I know is that it does a similar job to the extra bracing that the s15 type r has.

Rides
    nice pics Chris likeing the brakes thing i need to uprate mine lol! can i have some of your tyres pwease

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbob View Post
    nice pics Chris likeing the brakes thing i need to uprate mine lol! can i have some of your tyres pwease
    Those tyres arn't mine mate, they are monkey magics off of here. He does have a few

Rides
    Nice project buddy! Your paint looks immaculate! Ive to get a full arm kit soon myself, mind me asking how much it knocked you?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    Nice project buddy! Your paint looks immaculate! Ive to get a full arm kit soon myself, mind me asking how much it knocked you?
    I got it off the apex group buy so It cost just shy of £300 iirc I think it's normally nearer £400.

The paint isn't bad but has a way to go before it's good enough, the pictures mask over some of the problems I think plus it has a pin stripe at the moment.

Rides
    Oh nice chris, good stuff going for the rubber bushed option as oppsosed to rose joints. I want your rear Toe arms!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam0bmx0 View Post
    Oh nice chris, good stuff going for the rubber bushed option as oppsosed to rose joints. I want your rear Toe arms!
    Ummmm no Yeah to be fair Apex suggested them for road use as they don't need the constant maintenace that the rose joints do

Rides
    Let me know when your free on a weekend and we'll get those arms fitted

I'm not 100% but I think you might have to take the lower arm out off to change the ball joint, which means you may as well get those rubbish standard front lower arm bushes removed and replaced with nice new shiny apex rubber bushes

If you bushed the rest of the car and added a front lower brace you would be a good set of coilovers away from an awesome road setup

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Will do mate The offer still stands if you need any help also, not that I am all that skilled

I am tempted to rebush the arms etc also as I can't help but think that it would completely transform the car Oh and a lower front brace is going to be my next purchase other than service/mot parts