Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Nah mate, droop is where the suspension uncompresses and keeps the inner wheel in contact with the road under hard cornering. I think the latest Apex coilovers have a droop spring built in. Under normal driving it does nothing, being a softer spring, its fully compressed but if you hoon it round a corner, where normally you might cock a leg (wheel) , the droop spring pushes the wheel down so it remains in contact with the road increasing your grip and traction.

I don't think preload has anything to do with it.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'm so confused. I'll have to do some real research. Google here I come
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    K&R in taunton mate. Will see how good they are later It's going to cost around £90 but it means I wont ruin my tyres driving miles to protyre in exeter
    90 is a decent price

Protyre exeter charged me 125 but i went back a week later for a tweek and they sorted me out for free, the need them to sponsor me though because i mess around with the settings all the time

Rides
    I'm so confused. I'll have to do some real research. Google here I come
    I run zero preload on my apex coilovers and its fine. If i were you i would drive the car first and alter it to your needs.

In the area that i live i have to deal with a fair amount of bumps and dips in the road. I don't really push my car hard all the time because of the ride height but when i do its mostly fine. There are one or two corners that i can hit fast and have a rear wheel leave the ground because of the bumps, they are part throttle corners though.

I guess it depends if you want to go really fast or just have fun.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I just want as much grip as possible really. Saying that I managed to have my 345mm front disks smoking yesterday on a test drive Seems ok so far but will be better when I lock the subframe down fully
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Well my new nismo 555 injectors arrived yesterday which are ready to be fitted along with new O-rings when I am able to take my car of the road for a few days (stage 2 hd chip fitting etc required).

My skirts and spats have also been picked up by the guy who does my spraying and should be back with me shortly. I may have a go at fitting them before japfest but I doubt it very much.

Unfortunately I can't see a lot of progress being made as other prioritys have taken over at the moment

Rides
    Time and family circumstances allowing mate, pop down to mine and I'll fit your skirts Its a quick job - 30 mins tops.

Unless you have a missing bolt like I did that had to be jiggled into place as you can't each the back of the darn thing to hold it while you tighten it - this is why my passenger side front flange bit sticks out a little And I'm not sikaflex-ing it on!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    cheers mate i may take you up on that offer. Not entirely sure i'll get them back in time tho anyway.

The break may do me some good to be honest..

Rides
    Lol! Wish I had half the time you do to work on my car. Got some rather tasty bits to fit... Not going to be done for Japfest though at this rate

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Lol! Wish I had half the time you do to work on my car. Got some rather tasty bits to fit... Not going to be done for Japfest though at this rate
    That comes from not having a misses, baby, horses etc Hopefully soon I'll have loads of time for the car again

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Was hoping to get my skirts back in time for japfest today but it wasn't to be

I did however jump on the peadobear bandwaggon with a new sticker and on the broken windscreen bandwaggon with a massive chip in the screen

Rides
    Peadobear rocks I made one up at work to put on my SX but its gone now so no need.....Unless i slap it on the BM.

Cars looking good mate

Rides
    Saw the sx today but couldn't find you dude! Looked good

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
    Peadobear rocks I made one up at work to put on my SX but its gone now so no need.....Unless i slap it on the BM.

Cars looking good mate
    Cheers mate, I say slap it on the bm

Quote Originally Posted by Flik View Post
    Saw the sx today but couldn't find you dude! Looked good
    Same mate. Seeing yours really makes me want to get my skirts back and fitted Yours was looking sweet

Rides

I see you gear gaitor is twisted up, little tip If it bugs you, unclip the gear gaitor and when doing the last of the tightening let the gaitor spin with the gearnob

Cars looking good (japfest media pics)

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ah good tip. Hadn't thought of that, cheers mate

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Adjusted the preload on the rear coilovers today to try and make the suspension a little more compliant.
    Been out for a drive just now and the car has bags more grip

It's getting there now

I also atempted to fit the longer studs to the rear so I could get my spacers on. Got the originals out with ease but I then found I had been sent the wrong studs

Ah well, will try again on wednesday

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sneak preview

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Rides
    Nice one bud,looking awesome with you!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!