Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2420

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

  1. #21
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,120
    Rides
    0
    i run 9.5 et15 allround with just a roll with a 225 40 18 , would have fort just a roll would do .

    well jelous of your brakes

  2. #22
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    i run 9.5 et15 allround with just a roll with a 225 40 18 , would have fort just a roll would do .

    well jelous of your brakes
    The brakes will be sweet when I get them fitted I'm sure. I have 245's on the rear so 20mm spacers making et15's will be a bit much I think. I'll have a look at one of arch enemys threads to check

    Would it be the same on an 8j et15 as it would a 9.5j et15
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  3. #23
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,120
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Would it be the same on an 8j et15 as it would a 9.5j et15
    got me chris, ask your local friendly wheel whore / offset police lol.

    waits for si or quail to come answer this

  4. #24
    Guest DeanS15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Eastchurch, Kent
    Posts
    3,710
    Rides
    0
    looking good chris - always room for more bling though lol. i keep pestering the efl guy to make more but he says he's busy developing other stuff...i suggested - and i think hes going to be making a stainless plate next to cover the area between the plenum and rocker and all the wiring loom/injectors etc will then be covered up - maybe my noisy ass injectors wont be clicking as loudly then too.

    how do you find the pineapple rings? i fitted locking collars and found them too harsh and noisy so took them off and am looking to polybush instead, but those would do just as good a job i'm sure for now - plus they're cheap which is always good....

  5. #25
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS15 View Post
    looking good chris - always room for more bling though lol. i keep pestering the efl guy to make more but he says he's busy developing other stuff...i suggested - and i think hes going to be making a stainless plate next to cover the area between the plenum and rocker and all the wiring loom/injectors etc will then be covered up - maybe my noisy ass injectors wont be clicking as loudly then too.

    how do you find the pineapple rings? i fitted locking collars and found them too harsh and noisy so took them off and am looking to polybush instead, but those would do just as good a job i'm sure for now - plus they're cheap which is always good....
    I thought you were cutting back the spending A cover to go between the rockercover and plenum sounds like a good idea but I am sure I should be spending my money elsewhere I have got a polished plenum to fit tho, I just need to improve the shine on it a bit.

    The pineapples work well and stop the back end feeling so vague but will be nowhere near as good as polly bushing I would imagine.
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  6. #26
    Guest DeanS15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Eastchurch, Kent
    Posts
    3,710
    Rides
    0
    cheap, small stuff my man - its the way forward lol. at the moment i really havent the time for the total underbody strip down i had planned and the rings would be a quick fix. do they transfer any more noise?

  7. #27
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS15 View Post
    cheap, small stuff my man - its the way forward lol. at the moment i really havent the time for the total underbody strip down i had planned and the rings would be a quick fix. do they transfer any more noise?
    They may transmit a little more noise but they are not bad at all. I can hear a very small amount of diff whine but it's a lot less intrusive than an uprated gbox mount for instance
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  8. #28
    Guest D1 RWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    7,184
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Cheers mate. The wheels are definately on the to do list. I am getting the handling/braking sorted first tho Not entirely sure what wheels to go for yet.

    I am very very tempted to get some rota's to annoy people tho
    go for the new rota grid drifts 10j rears 9.5j fronts in white or gunmetal ftw

    mejulies got em in bronze and they look sweet

  9. #29
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,120
    Rides
    0
    new grids are

  10. #30
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by d1 rwd View Post
    go for the new rota grid drifts 10j rears 9.5j fronts in white or gunmetal ftw

    mejulies got em in bronze and they look sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    new grids are
    They are nice. White rims might be a bit much for my car seeing as I have the navan spoiler Wouldn't 10j rims need a lot of arch work to get them sitting right?
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  11. #31
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,120
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    They are nice. White rims might be a bit much for my car seeing as I have the navan spoiler Wouldn't 10j rims need a lot of arch work to get them sitting right?
    na 10 should be fine on the rear with a tire stretch

  12. #32
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    na 10 should be fine on the rear with a tire stretch
    How much stretch tho? I was struggling to find somewhere local that would fit my 225's on an 8j rim for less than 20 a wheel last week
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  13. #33
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,120
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    How much stretch tho? I was struggling to find somewhere local that would fit my 225's on an 8j rim for less than 20 a wheel last week
    what .........! i fitted my own 225 40 on the 9.5j . i just used my mates garage and borrowered there tire machine. it went straight on, no ****ing about with hair spray or compressors. it just went straight on and blew up!

  14. #34
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    what .........! i fitted my own 225 40 on the 9.5j . i just used my mates garage and borrowered there tire machine. it went straight on, no ****ing about with hair spray or compressors. it just went straight on and blew up!
    Yeah i thought that they were taking the piss tbh. got it done for 20 for the pair in the end. Still thought that was a fair bit mind
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  15. #35
    Guest D1 RWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    7,184
    Rides
    0
    id run a 235 on a 10j, i run a 225 on a 9.5j and is a fair strecth, you will probably need to get you archs rolled though, not flared just a simple tuck.

    get some one to photoshop em onto your car, use a side on pic of yours and steal one side on pic of mejulies car, in thethread below . JC's the man at pshopin

    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=418977
    Last edited by d1 rwd; 28-07-2009 at 18:12.

  16. #36
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by d1 rwd View Post
    id run a 235 on a 10j, i run a 225 on a 9.5j and is a fari strecth, you will probably need to get you archs rolled though, not flared just a simple tuck.

    get some one to photoshop em onto your car, use a side on pic of yours and steal one for mejulies thread. JC's the man at pshopin

    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=418977
    I might do that nearer the time mate. I am a fair way off being able to afford new wheels yet Got to fit the stuff I already have and then get some coilovers sorted
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  17. #37
    Guest D1 RWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    bucks
    Posts
    7,184
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    I might do that nearer the time mate. I am a fair way off being able to afford new wheels yet Got to fit the stuff I already have and then get some coilovers sorted
    cant heart tho could it i know what ya mean tho ive got a box full of parts but neither the timw or to get them done

  18. #38
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Mini update.

    Well after a visit to crouch last night I picked up my new seats.

    I seem to of gone against the grain as I actually prefer the cream leather to the black as it stops the cabin from being a sea of black

    They are still in need of a clean especially the passenger one as I had to rebuild the cream leather on to my old black leathers seat base/runners







    Here's a pic of the cars, only one I got unfortunately although I think that crouch21 might have a couple better ones



    I now have a small problem that I noticed on the way back home last night. The car has become very vague from the backend so I will now have to investigate this. I have locking colars fitted and all the tyre pressures are fine so I don't really know where to start looking
    Last edited by Chriscooke; 31-07-2009 at 13:16.
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

  19. #39
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,120
    Rides
    0
    cream leather looks much better then black dont it.

    my old 14a had black leather and the interior was so wellll BLACK dark and dull, the cream lightens it up nicely

    what you me by vague?

  20. #40
    Now with 400bhp....
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South west
    Posts
    35,834
    Rides
    1
    Yeah I think it's a lot better but most people seem to do the swap from cream to black

    When I say vague I mean that I had no confidence in taking corners at any kind of speed as the rear doesn't feel very planted at all, it was actually a little scary taking some motorway corners at any speed ~80 leptons

    I have a feeling my alignment is out but i am used to that, it could well be that the standard shocks have failed I guess.
    South west Events and local meet info. See here


    My car on THRLL: http://thrll.com/car/1998-nissan-200sx-12410
    Chris Cooke Photograpy: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisCookePhotography
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •