Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2432

Thread: My constant work in progress 14a with added jdm'ness!!!

Rides
    Sorry about the hijack Chris. Maybe I should start a new thread about this and we can battle it out there

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I really don't want to clog up Chris's build thread. I had a type 2, then fitted a type 1 and it was an improvement. This was bloody years ago and I never noted down what revs everything happened at.

I'm now fitting a high mount intercooler so hopefully that should be even better.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I really don't want to clog up Chris's build thread. I had a type 2, then fitted a type 1 and it was an improvement. This was bloody years ago and I never noted down what revs everything happened at.

I'm no fitting a high mount intercooler so hopefully that should be even better.
    I thought the same thing. But then it occurred to me. Chris can be our proof. Chris, would you mind checking at what revs you make 0psi and at what revs you achieve full boost.

After fitting the type 1 please redo the test and let us know the results??

If the type 1 makes a difference I will change mine

I can see it taking longer to get to 0psi but not from there on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Hi Daz, sorry if it sounds like I am being difficult but I just want to know. Is the difference 100 revs? 200? It makes no sense to me because once the pipes are pressurised at 0 psi then there should be no difference at all between the time it takes to get to full boost. Imagine a metre long pipe, and a 2 metre long pipe. Block one end and fill them both with water (0psi) now keep the water flowing, remove the cap (thing you used to block one end) and fill a 2 litre jug. Does it take the same amount of time or less?

Not the same thing in so much as your short straight section of pipe doesn't really have any flow losses associated with it.

When you add an intercooler core and bends then some pressure loss occurs and the pressure at the compressor end has to be increased to yield the same pressure at the manifold end.

In reality the biggest flow loss is the intercooler core itself, the pipe bends have to be tight in order to generate a flow loss, or of a very small diameter such that the pipe velocity results in the flow not being able to make the bend smoothly.

Look at it as minimising the amount of work the compressor has to do to generate some airflow, which is proportional to how much work the turbine needs to extract from the exhaust gas. If the flow losses are reduced then the work requirement reduces which means less exhaust gas is required to generate the same airflow from the compressor.

That being said, the intercooler is usually the least sensitive thing to improve in terms of pressure loss to peak power and low end torque, the pre-compressor filtration and exhaust back pressure have more impact.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Don't mind people posting on the thread tbh.

I'm happy to do a test and note the differences. I'll most likely have it on a rolling road this year too which might show some changes, even though it won't be aback to back test.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Don't mind people posting on the thread tbh.

I'm happy to do a test and note the differences. I'll most likely have it on a rolling road this year too which might show some changes, even though it won't be aback to back test.
    That's awesome bud! Thanks. I see lots of theory on the Web but no real evidence. Be good to see the actual results.

When are you planning to fit the type 1?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'd like to have it done this month all being well. Will likely strip the front end down and clean it up, derust and paint at the same time.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I'd like to have it done this month all being well. Will likely strip the front end down and clean it up, derust and paint at the same time.
    You're a better man then I am. I bottled out on doing an oil change on the MR2 on Sunday cus it was so cold! Saying that I did start at 4.40pm and the sun had begun to set.

Need to pull my finger out and sort out the sills on mine

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha ha, what I want to get done and what I do get done are two entirely different things unfortunately.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Always good to see an update mate! I had the mould issue too in mine. Cleaned it off and put a bowl of cheaply white rice in there. It absorbed the moisture and the mould didn't come back. Then I made a mistake. I sold the car.

Yours is looking good! Hope to see it in the metal over the summer at some point.

Rides
    Teggers! Sorry for the hijack, but hello!

Also, keep up the good work Chris If you'd like some help one day fitting the FMIC, even if it's just passing stuff and ordering pizza, gimme a shout

Rides
    If its dry and sunny and my cars back together i could pop down to say hi and watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ha ha, what I want to get done and what I do get done are two entirely different things unfortunately.
    I said my car would only be off the road for about 5 months.........over 2 years ago lol.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers all not sure when I'll fit it. Think I need the time to get used to my new clutch if I'm honest....

Hey teggers, hopefully see you somewhere over the summer

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Had some work done tonight fitting my new xtreme tein plate clutch. These don't seem particularly common over here at the moment but are in Australia and with good reviews.

Few pics

The clutch is of an amazing quality although is very grabby on the road and will take some real getting used to

Rides
    where did you source that from?

sorry if i missed it in your thread already.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Got it from someone I know mate. Not sure where he got it from.

Rides
    Looks smart, almost a shame to hide it away! Also - your car looks really tidy underneath, top work

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It's very pretty, Cheers for the comments mate

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Teggers! Sorry for the hijack, but hello!
    Hey teggers, hopefully see you somewhere over the summer
    hiyaaaa! Yep, I'm still around! Work work work and then kids and house at home. Not a lot of time for cars Still. Garage plan is on again for this year.