Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael’s Project S14A

Rides

Michael’s Project S14A

After kept changing cars for a couple of years, I finally find a car which I want to keep and settle in. I will regret not to own one of these in my life. I have spent quite a long time to look for a good condition 14a, and finally bought this beauty from one of the members here.

He owned it for 12 years and surely he has kept the car in a very good standard. Condition is very good for its age, no rust and have all most of the upgrade I want. This car has always been kept in the garage with low mileages, I would say it is a very good example.

This is my first project thread and hopefully I can use this as a record of what I have done to her.

Here’s some picture of my beauty after a good clean and removed all stickers:

Here is some the spec when I bought it:

Blitz Nur spec R exhaust
    Decat pipe
    Blitz Air filter
    Apexi Boost gauge
    Carbon Bonnet
    Tein Flex dampers with EDFC
    Welbro fuel pump
    Rays Gram Light 57S Pro Alloys
    Cusco rear strut brace
    Exedy Clutch
    Cusco RZ 2 way LSD.
    Hybrid front mount intercooler
    Apexi AVCR in black. Fitted 2006
    Tubular Exhaust Manifold
    Garret GT2871R 86ar Turbo with braided water and oil pipes
    Skyline R33 GTR breaks front and rear.

First things I did is to get it under seal to protect it from any rust, went to TGM who knows exactly what they are doing and did it in a very reasonable price. They have also given me a 3M polish to work on the bonnet. You may not notice on the pictures, but the bonnet has lost its shiny. Here is a picture after few hours of polish:

Last edited by clngai; 15-09-2013 at 01:28.

Rides
    After bought this car, I have never stopped looking for parts and thinking how to modify it. Got a Viper Cat 1 alarm fitted the other day, bought some brand new car Mat, Momo Steering wheels some white dial and Carbon Dash surround still not fitted to the car yet.
    2 weeks ago, I also bought a SSQV for the car, when I start to fit it, I notice there is not much space in the engine bay, so I decided to relocate the battery to the boot.

Got everything out of the way pending for a good clean:

While I am waiting for the parts I have ordered, I also fitted the bonnet damper kit and get rid of the rusty stick, it fitted well and I am satisfied with the outcome:
    Last edited by clngai; 16-02-2014 at 05:43.

Rides
    Being an Idiot about electric, I have spent few nights of research, and finally got a shopping list for battery relocation. Now I am in the process of making the bracket for the switch and my battery box. Then I can start putting all the things back together. Hopefully I can get it done this week

Rides
    Looks lovely! Any more pictures of the engine bay?

Rides
    Nice 14a mate don't polish your carbon bonnet anymore if your keeping it cause you'll knacker it even more what you need to do is take it to your local body shop to have the clear coat put back on it type it in on google mate explains everything step by step or simple way replace with heavy original ha.

Rides
    Thanks guys.

This is the picture after I washed my Engine Bay, still need to tidy it up:

Not gonna polish the bonnet anymore, the 3M polish was given by Tom's brother in TGM, but I have used all already. He showed me how to do and I was amaze the result of it, I have spent 5 hours working on the bonnet with SRP without any improvement. I am thinking to replace it in the near future.
    Last edited by clngai; 16-02-2014 at 05:42.

Rides
    I'll buy your bonnet if you do end up replacing it

Rides
    Sure, will let you know once I replace it, but this is not the prority yet so maybe in a few months time.

Rides
    Hi Michael at last I see the replacement for the black one, looking very good and nice spec of parts on it as well
    them Tein EDFC'S are mega bucks alone to buy

Rides
    Hay Andy, glad to see you here. Project now begins!

I don't think the EDFC is really useful for me cause I don't always change the settings. Also, I think the suspension is too soft at the moment, so will be changing those as well!

How its going with yours?

Rides
    Got a bit of an update. Got everything cleaned and ready, protected them with some chemical. Hopefully tomorrow with my neighbour's tools, I can finish the job off.

Also got an Ultra Racing Rear Strut Brace and brand new carpet in the mean time:

Last edited by clngai; 16-02-2014 at 05:40.

Rides
    Looks good so far. Do the R33 GTR brakes bolt on or is anything particular needed? Thanks.

Rides
    Im not 100% sure as it come with the car, sorry mate

Quote Originally Posted by matt_e36 View Post
    Looks good so far. Do the R33 GTR brakes bolt on or is anything particular needed? Thanks.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_e36 View Post
    They are bolt on but would recommend the bm57 MC

The 350z brembos need the holes on the rears welding and re-drilling.fronts are a straight swap

Rides
    Looking good man, I've got some bits done to mine finally got the engine out the blue 23k 14a
    ,good too see you getting stuck in and sorting stuff with yours ,
    that Ultra racing brace is cool they make some nice looking designed parts
    Let me know michael if you swap the coil-overs I would be interested in the old one's
    Got some HSD smoothies on my white one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clngai View Post
    Im not 100% sure as it come with the car, sorry mate
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    They are bolt on but would recommend the bm57 MC

The 350z brembos need the holes on the rears welding and re-drilling.fronts are a straight swap
    Thanks guys!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    Looking good man, I've got some bits done to mine finally got the engine out the blue 23k 14a
    ,good too see you getting stuck in and sorting stuff with yours ,
    that Ultra racing brace is cool they make some nice looking designed parts
    Let me know michael if you swap the coil-overs I would be interested in the old one's
    Got some HSD smoothies on my white one
    Thanks Andy,

The Ultra Racing one looks realy nice and its a lot more rigid than the Cusco one I have got!

Are the HSD good? Heard they are one of the best coilovers.

Rides
    Some updates over the week:

Finally connected all the welding cables with the help of my neighbour’s huge crimpers, got the battery, switch, and fusel in place. I am currently running 2 earth cables from the battery to the body and hope this should be enough.

My Battery box settled and screwed in the original holes where the CD changer was.

My switch installed:

My dog who is waiting for me under the car:

On first start, the engine cut off after 10sec, so I start it up again and give it some gas. After a couple of minutes, I switch it off, starts again, and it’s all working fine. Still not sure about the problem, but I tried a few more times and it’s running good.

After everything is set, I have to tidy up the wire/loom under the arch, cut a hole in the original rubber and feed my cable in, and then seal it with some glue, hopefully it won’t be rubbing on my wheels and no water gets inside the car. Any suggestion on how to protect it better?

My new steering wheel and rear speakers have also arrived:

URL=http://s937.photobucket.com/user/clngai/media/200sx%20S14a/20130815_140431_zps274351bf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/clngai/200sx%20S14a/20130815_140431_zps274351bf.jpg

Today, the Cusco rear strut brace was removed and fitted the new speakers, the sound is a lot better than the OEM one. Big thanks for cChance for his tools and advice. Top Guy and very helpful!

URL=http://s937.photobucket.com/user/clngai/media/200sx%20S14a/20130815_140431_zps274351bf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/clngai/200sx%20S14a/20130815_140431_zps274351bf.jpg

This is my shopping list for relocating the battery from Vehicle Wiring Products in case anyone find it helpful. You still need to buy your battery box and make your own bracket.

CM35B TINNED BATTERY CABLE 455/0.30 B 1 metres
    BIS BATTERY ISOLATER SWITCH 1
    HSK HEAT SHRINK SLEEVE KIT 1
    37685 MEGA FUSE HOLDER , SIDE STACKAB 1
    MEGA150 MEGA FUSE 150A 1
    BTC50U NEGATIVE COVER FOR BT461N BLACK 1
    BTC50R POSITIVE COVER FOR BT461P RED 1
    BT461N STUD/NUT CLAMP 1
    BT461P STUD/NUT CLAMP 1
    CTT50/10 COPPER TUBE TERMINAL 20
    CM35R TINNED BATTERY CABLE 455/0.30 R 6 metres
    BISC COVER FOR BIS 1
    Last edited by clngai; 16-02-2014 at 05:36.

Rides
    No worries mate Dont worry too much about dropping the tool back quickly, im not working tomorrow and as I said I have another one.

Wish I could move along as quick with bits on my car as quick as you do mate looking good so far!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cChance View Post
    No worries mate Dont worry too much about dropping the tool back quickly, im not working tomorrow and as I said I have another one.

Wish I could move along as quick with bits on my car as quick as you do mate looking good so far!
    Thanks mate, if thats ok, can I drop it around Tuesday / Wednesday?

What are you planning to do next to your car?

Let me know if you need any help