Thread: Recruitment agents!!

Rides

Recruitment agents!!

Scumbags!

I put my CV on a well known site, got a call about a half-decent job.
    Asked for a job spec, which she emailed to me, and I rang her back
    to say go ahead and put me forward.

Obviously she started to dig around, and I mentioned my managers first name only- i mentioned not to say anything to him or anyone else in the firm about my work etc.

Get back to my desk, and before I know it an unknown number is ringing my managers phone, and he answers only to answer a load of cock and bull questions- by the sound of it trying to get him on the books AND doing research on my role!

Pretty sure he has clocked on someone with the team is looking around, and given I am the only here this week its pretty obvious.

Tossbags!

Next time its fake manager names

Rides
    did she put you forward for that job role? She could have been shitting you about it just to get names of hirers or places hiring etc...thats what they do!

Rides
    About 5 years ago I would have disagreed with you, but recently the type of "service" I have gotton from them has been so unbelievably shocking and unscrupulous I wont have anything to do with them anymore and would much rather approach companies direct if I am looking.

I am sorry to those who are or know personally Recruitment managers and the like, but seriously the complete and utter cocks I have had the pleasure of dealing with recently it is difficult not to tar you all with the same brush.

Rides
    another one is to ask you where you may be interviewing or who your CV has gone out to, so they can poach business from said companies... (I USED to be a rec consultant and believe me, theyll tell you whatever you wanna hear to get some leads!)
    Last edited by BlazeSX; 22-06-2009 at 15:04.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kam125 View Post
    Pretty sure he has clocked on someone with the team is looking around, and given I am the only here this week its pretty obvious.
    He's bloody sharp if he has worked that one out. I shouldnt worry about it mate, and as you say - next time dont give names out

Recruitment eh?? Bunch of cnuts
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    LMAO at doc! anders are banned from contacting us as the had a big falling out with our management, if they try and contact us we have to report them and all hell kicks off! due to them ringing receptionist claiming to be a client so that they can get names etc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ewings999 View Post
    LMAO at doc! anders are banned from contacting us as the had a big falling out with our management, if they try and contact us we have to report them and all hell kicks off! due to them ringing receptionist claiming to be a client so that they can get names etc
    Ive played the headhunting game and it can be good fun if you are good at it. You need more neck than a stretched giraffe though
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    They really are scumbags, my missus works in HR for an oil company and they get tons of calls every day from agencies offering people and trying to get contracts.

Rides
    Try looking for a job these days that isn't listed by the Agents, also I have had 2 jobs lost because the agents were too pushy and caused the company to decide to fook them all the agencies off the books.

Note to doc I know you are in this game but you are one of the exceptions from what I can gather, as you are a good guy.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    They really are scumbags, my missus works in HR for an oil company and they get tons of calls every day from agencies offering people and trying to get contracts.
    Hows that being a scumbag? Thats just looking for business.

Cheers kkydd - I think a lot of the success we have is because everyone around us doesnt give a toss about the candidates. Makes my life easier

Rides
    I'm afraid I think the agencies are pretty good on the whole. Got my Mrs some wickedly well paid jobs in the past she'd have never found on her own. The one she's with atm also send birthday/xmas cards, flowers etc. Really look after her and her contracts

Rides
    I think half the problem with Agencies is that a lot scream desperation. I remember my current job came through an agent and within a week of starting they were ringing me up asking if I was still looking for work. Whenever I was applying for the IT industry there were a lot of jobs advertised that just do not exist and are only there to get details

Rides
    i put my name down with an agency years ago for CAD jobs, every 6 months i get a letter and 3 phones calls from them saying they have exciting new oppotunities for a CAD guy with my skills etc.

then when i ask they say "oh sorry we have no jobs for CAD people avaliable and have dropped that sector from our books"

but they just cant grasp the concept of taking my name/address of their mailing/calling list

Rides
    Agreed some are very good- my current job was through an agency and I can not knock them, and I am still in touch with the agent who got me it.

HOWEVER, when they are bad, they can be really bad. Cringe worthy sometimes.

Got a meeting tonight, but life in the investment industry is tough

Rides
    I've had a couple of good experiences - whereby jobs were found with minimal fuss. However, i've also spoken to some shockers that will oneday, no doubt grow-up to be estate agents...

Rides
    Had a nightmare last year/early this year.

Found one company 'Wallace Hind' who were superb. And will get my business first time whether I'm looking or recruiting in future!

Rides
    While I know that not all pimps are scum - Doc is alright for example - after working for one slave trader company (internal IT) I do feel that the very vast majority are complete scumbag animals with no respect or consideration for other people in any aspect of life.