Thread: My JZX90 MKII

Rides

My JZX90 MKII

Well i thought it was about time that i stuck up a wee project thread for my pimpbus. I originally bought the car for stock to sell, but i had always wanted a Chaser/ MKII/ Cresta. While it was on the boat i fell in love with the pics of her and decided that i would keep her. Its perfect for me nice comfy cruiser to ferry the wife and toddler around in and more than capable for some very occasional dori use. I intended to keep it standardish but with al the cars i have owned that didnt last long.

This is how she looked when i bought her in Japan.

She came with the basics;-
    Tein Coilovers
    Front mount
    Traum Kit
    19 inch crome wheels - 2 genuine veilside and 2 copies
    Nur Spec cat back
    And a HKS Mushroom.

First thing i did was to get rid of the real Veilside wheels. I had a major problem, 1 was 9.5 inch wide and the other was only 8 inch wide. After a few weeks of trying to get a machin pair for the fronts and being appauled by the price i came across some sweet ssr's on ebay for a silly low price.

Best pic i have sorry

Then it was some aftermarket tension rods and some JIC trackrods for some more lock.

I really started getting fed up with the fuel cut at 1 bar. So after some long research on the Aussie forums i decided that the emanage blue was perfect for my requirements. And at this point all i planned to do was get it mapped to 1.1 bar on standard tubbies

Then i started to go a bit nuts. Next came the cusco 2 way

Then i stumbled across a Greddy Manifold with external gate on ebay for again a silly low price and this is where my problems started. Bought it and some 540 Denso's. Just happened to have a HKS GT 3037 sitting in my garage and discovered that its apparently the perfect 1jz turbo. So i set my sites on 450bhp.

Once i had assembled all the bits I arranged for Steve Sadler to come up and map some cars including the JZ. I only had 10 days at this point to get everything done, so with the help of my mates (and big thanks to) Marcus, Joedi and Przemek we set about it.

We got the Manifold on (which is a complete bitch) then realised it was warped. So off to get it skimmed. 3 hours later and it was done. Then it was off to Meercat exhausts to get them to custom weld me a t4 (mani) to t25 (tub) adapter plate. I bought one from ebay but they sent the wrong one (useless cnuts).

I then sent the whole car up to Meercat to get a custom downpipe, some custom cooler pipes and a side exit screamer made up.

Finally got everything bolted up on the Friday night. Left and went in on the Saturday to take her to get mapped. And the turbo shat itself. Turns out that the previous owner hadnt watercooled it so when i stuck the coolant pipes on it died .

So i have now ordered the HX35 Holset from GS racing (always wanted a Holset ever since i did some research into turboing my old e30 m50).

I am now on the look out for a couple more parts.
    Aem Fuel pressure regulator
    7 point cage
    wind deflectors for the windows (pisses me off when water comes in when using wiper).
    Maybe swap the walbro for a bosch pump

So hopefully in 2 more weeks all going well everything will have gone well and ill get a dyno graph posted up.

Heres a couple more pics

Thanks for reading guys

Mick

Rides
    Nice

pimp vip dori daily

Rides
    that is very very nice mate

Rides
    That is very nice

Rides
    its been a pleasure working on your car mick. as you know i want a jz in mine

it will be a monster with the holset jobby fitted

Rides
    Thanks guys and thanks again Jod

Rides
    GT3037's can be oil cooled only or both oil and water cooled, some just run oil and block up the water, as you found out.

why did it blow when you fed it through though? was it all crusted up inside or something?

Rides
    I think because it hadnt been watercooled before the seals had perished. I really have no idea though. I might pull it apart for a wee look

Rides
    awesome car.

Rides
    Thanks mate. All going well she will be mapped on Thursday for the hillclimb at the weekender

Rides
    Awesome car Mick, makes me wish I had more pimp in my life

Rides
    Keep us posted on you experiences with the holset, it will be interesting to see what they are like. Been looking at one myself for the bus as a cheaper upgrade to the usual greddy stuff

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Thanks mate. All going well she will be mapped on Thursday for the hillclimb at the weekender
    Bagsy a p ride

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Bagsy a p ride
    Yea no problem man just come and jump in. I doubt the mrs would have the cajones to go up anyway

Rides
    holset fited ?

Rides
    Yea its on im waiting for a turbo jacket coming due to heat issues and then its off to Steve Sadler to get mapped

Rides
    Didn't realise you had a thread up bro, top car this one

Dunc.

Rides
    show us some photo! ;D