Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 3 Details released...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    has anyone figured the clutch out yet?

just watched that video, friggin amazing. you must be able to convert to rwd otherwise i dont get the subaru drifting. i hope engine options are a bit more varied this time round, would be cool to have 1jz s13s and stuff like that. was the r33 in forza 2?
    What about the clutch?
    You hold it, change gear and release it . . . , if its crucnhing then you need to hold it in longer.
    Gotta remember a gearbox in a Mini isnt going to be as nice as a gearbox in a Racing Porsche.

I myself find it awakward in its position, i use my first finger to brake so to drop the clutch i need to come off the brake, so kinda defies the point lol.
    Hopefully be able to change its button position and change it to the RB rather then LB.

Loving it tho, Graphically very impressed, handling is a mix of forza 2 and Rac pro in my eyes.

Rewind is a gimmick, you dont have to use it although ims ure everyone willa t some point.

CANT WAIT

Rides
    Loving the clutch. Completely intuitive. Might have to move it though. I won't play it any other way. Has anyone rolled a car yet?

Rides
    i love the clutch for clutch kicking it, but thats about it.

finding the controls really difficult as im used to having the triggers as my gears, A as my gas, X as my brake and B as the handbrake. dont ask why i have these controls, think its from the old skool gran turismo`s. demo sucks imo. shame you still dont get pops and flames from exhaust and inside view isnt as good as its hyped up to be.

Rides
    Hmm does anyone else think the handling isnt the same as Forza2?

Loving it though, bring on the full game

Rides
    Downloading...

Rides
    Bloody hell - it's taking ages to download. The bloody full game will be out before I get the demo!

Jut

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_bristol83 View Post
    What about the clutch?
    You hold it, change gear and release it . . . , if its crucnhing then you need to hold it in longer.
    Gotta remember a gearbox in a Mini isnt going to be as nice as a gearbox in a Racing Porsche.
    yeh i guess i wasnt compensating for it to take an age to change gears. ah well, i think the clutch is toss anyway, i wont be using it. like i said, i dont see how there is a performance advantage in using it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    yeh i guess i wasnt compensating for it to take an age to change gears. ah well, i think the clutch is toss anyway, i wont be using it. like i said, i dont see how there is a performance advantage in using it.
    Just been checking it and you can get away with onyl quick changes BUT you have to have perfect timing, Otherwise on the lower cars you need to hold it just a little longer.
    As fara s im aware the clutch thing is more toa dd that little extra "realism" but also mainly for the Drag/Drift race modes i would imagine.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by McRearout View Post
    Loving the clutch. Completely intuitive. Might have to move it though. I won't play it any other way. Has anyone rolled a car yet?
    Yea i have just rammedit into the barrier doing 100. Cant say i saw any undercar detail tho.

Rides
    I would imagine you'd benefit from having a high-end wheel/pedals set when using the clutch :nod;

Jut

Rides
    I find it rather meh, perhaps my expectations have been raised too high again.

Positively, the graphics are lovely, it looks how they said Forza 2 would look. The car models are great. The AI seems improved, they appear to be aware of you more.

Less positive, I need to check but it doesn't seem to handle as well as Forza 2. There's something odd when the only car that seems alive is the Mini. Perhaps it's because it has the least grip. I refuse to believe that a Ferrari California no matter how lardy it is cannot break traction going around the first hairpin in 3rd gear. You're fully loaded up with the throttle pinned and nothing, it just goes round. I actually lost control of the mini on my first go with it, coming down the hill to the first hairpin, I let off the gas and had a huge tank slapper, so the physics are there, they just seem hidden somehow.

What was great in Forza 2 was how you could balance a car like the DC5 with the throttle on a corner. Each input having an effect on the car. The cars in the demo just seem lifeless and ridiculously easy to control. I also had to put the AI on hard just so they'd even try.

I'm not canceling my pre-order, but well, just meh, it's so sterile.

Rides
    I must have different tyres on my Ferrari because mine broke traction in 4th easily. I think with the comparison to F2 in mind you have to think about the last time you raced on F2 with a standard car, it's been months for me! The cars always 'come alive' after some tweaks.

Rides
    Where and how, there isn't much 4th gear apart from the downhill section? I can't do it without kicking the clutch or using the hand brake, I can't do it on the hairpins cornering under power. I was sad enough to go and load FM2, drove a standard 575M on Autumn Valley, the car was alive, it slid, you could control it with the throttle, it was great. Perhaps it's the track, it's thin and steep. To me FM3 reminds me of GT5 Prologue and that isn't a nice reminder.

Rides
    few screen shots from the vid i posted on the last page.

r33 with a s14

omg

s14 dash ftw

Rides
    Yeah wallers i agree with you on the handling, it just doesnt feel like it should IMO

Rides
    50% downloaded.....

Can't believe I'm actually buying artificial Forza 3 clothes for my artificial online avatar.

I blame this thread.

Rides
    sh!tt!ng bollox... got home and for the first time in 3 years my xbox gives me 3 red lights!!

i'm trying the towel trick now, i'll know in about half an hour if it will be ok

I never use the bloody thing and the day I itch to get home and try the new forza demo it feks up

Rides
    Not good.... I'd get it packed up and sent back first thing tomorrow morning; that way you'll get it back sooner.

Rides
    Had a play on this at a friends house today and really like it. I actually quite like the clutch feature and although I still found it a bit awkward I think once the whole game comes out and i've played it for a while, it will become second nature using it.
    Also I was quite against the idea of the rewind feature at first, but I can see how it will be useful especially when the AI cars had a bad habbit of nudging the rear quarter and sending me in to a spin

Rides
    I've been playing this all day & I love it

To me the handling is as good as/slightly better than Forza 2,I do like the fact that the standard brakes are more progressive now & don't lock up with the slightest squeeze of the trigger.

Love the new cockpit view

Love the way you can roll the cars now & rock them back onto the wheels again using the steering & throttle

Love the track - although only 2 laps,no time trial & no multiplayer option is a bit lame.

Love the drifting - has anyone else sussed that if you press left on the d-pad it replaces the lap time with a drift scoreboard,then when you drift it racks up your score on screen just like GT5P

Although the rewind is a bit gimmicky it's not intrusive & you don't have to use it but it will be handy if you do have a big crash on the last lap of a long endurance race

One niggle/bug is that when you have a crash & the windscreen breaks/shatters it doesn't show in cockpit view,hopefully that will be fixed when the game is released.

Overall I think as far as demo's go it's pretty good & is very promising for the full game