Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple of preliminary pictures of Clive

Rides

A couple of preliminary pictures of Clive

Clive the Bastard, sorry, Cosworth, was looking a bit tired - touching up damaged and rusty panels had resulted in him ending up several shades of magenta, the bumpers were sagging, and in general he needed some work. Some friends of mine have just opened a garage and bodyshop, and offered me a deal that I couldn't refuse to fully fettle him.

I went for a gander at progress so far. I wasn't expecting him to be so naked

That's all I've got for now, but the guys at the garage, Dave and Sarah, have been taking pictures of every stage and I will post them up with a link to them once it is all complete. Remarkably, for a 20 year old Sierra, it is relatively rust free, so buying a barn find has paid off for me.

Prescott Hill, here we come

Rides
    that's

are you planning to do any subtle under carpet modifications? a bit of stitch welding perhaps ?
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    A few more of work in progress...

I'm still desperately hoping it will all be done by the Weekender, but time is running out

Rides
    Theres gonne be a heck of a lot of dust to get rid of.......

You misser her?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Theres gonne be a heck of a lot of dust to get rid of.......

You misser her?
    It's bad enough having a cow called neville but a female sierra named clive is a bit too wierd even for Aitch

Clive is a bloke car complete with chest rug and medallion

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's bad enough having a cow called neville but a female sierra named clive is a bit too wierd even for Aitch

Clive is a bloke car complete with chest rug and medallion

I do miss Clive - I've need some performance back in my life and while the MX5 is a lot of fun, and the BMW does have a turbo, sometimes you just need something with some real urge under the bonnet.

Well, progress is starting to happen - paint has started to be applied, valve stem seals will be replaced over the next couple of weeks and then it is a case of rebuilding him. I should get him back in time for the weekender, as long as the guys doing the work remember where everything goes. I'm half expecting a box of leftover bits at the end of it, a bit like in Doc Hollywood

Rides
    Looking forward to seeing him/her. Looks like they are going a cracking job mate

Rides
    The wheels should be done this week or next - they look like they have been resprayed with a hoover at some point, so I can't wait for them to be restored

Rides
    Planned mods while its like that? Bushes maybe?

Coming along well

Rides
    Not a mod as such, but the head is being rebuilt/reconditioned at the same time. And the gearbox is being looked at because the change from second to third can be a bit "crunchy" (technical term) on fast changes from second to third. I'm running out of spare cash, so re-bushing will be done later in the year

Rides
    Looking forward to seeing it at prescott
    Dunc.

Rides
    Starting to look shiny...

Rides
    That looks stunning, nice to see someone taking so much care over a lovely car!! I was going to mention the alloys, glad your getting them redone aswell!! I may try to make the weekender for a day, it will be nice to look over this, and a few other peoples car!

Rides
    well done that man. spending money on a 20 yr old ford. lol. no, seriously im impressed! be great to see a gleaming cossie going down the road!

Rides
    Good to see some attention to the cos but why oh why did you not take this as an opportunity to have him resprayed white and get rid of the horrible brown colour mine was exactly the same!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    Good to see some attention to the cos but why oh why did you not take this as an opportunity to have him resprayed white and get rid of the horrible brown colour mine was exactly the same!
    I like the Magenta colour If I had him sprayed white then I'd only have the urge to put cow patches on him, and that would look stupid on a Cosworth

Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt View Post
    well done that man. spending money on a 20 yr old ford. lol. no, seriously im impressed! be great to see a gleaming cossie going down the road!
    My 20 year old Sierra is far, far less rusty than my 12 year old Nissan was, even before the work was started on Clive . Worth spending the money on

Rides
    I have a brand new cosworth badge to go on that bootlid somewhere

Great project and one worth doing Must resist the urge to buy a ropey sapph and do the same

I would say the 200 is a better car to drive but as a resto project I would get 10 times more satisfaction doing a cossy than a 200

whats the steering wheel like Aitch? i have a spare of those as well
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I can vouch that Neville had seen better days underneath and on the front inner arches....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    because 90% of saph cossies are white!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    whats the steering wheel like Aitch? i have a spare of those as well
    Thanks for the offer Mark, but the steering wheel is fine. The plastic gear pattern thingy on top of the gearknob is cracked so if you've got one of those lying around...