Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mk2 Polo Coupe.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by baz F View Post
    Anyone good on carbs , mine are flooding, been told its either the floats or the float vlaves but got no idea where to start. Their GSXR 600 Carbs, idealy a diagram would be nice!
    Try club polo mate, they're usually pretty friendly and there are a few guys on there that have done the carb conversion.

Have you got a fuel pressure regulator? If they're getting too much fuel pressure then they'll flood...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffing View Post
    Try club polo mate, they're usually pretty friendly and there are a few guys on there that have done the carb conversion.

Have you got a fuel pressure regulator? If they're getting too much fuel pressure then they'll flood...
    got a reg on it - still floods, recon the valves have gone or somthings blocked/jammed up becasue theres somthing not right with it. gonna strip um down next see whats up.
    Ah well s'all most there - pootling round in a bloody 5 door focus hire car atm!

Rides
    looks sweet dude!!

heres my old one..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie86c View Post
    looks sweet dude!!

heres my old one..
    That is one sexy polo..........................BAZ!!!!

Rides
    what fuel pump are you using, you obviously need a carb pump, and with a regulator as the standard car pump will be too powerful (even the mechanical one will be) dont forget that the bike will be gravity fed so any pressure is too much pressure for the floats. i think about 2 psi is ideal

the carbs as standard will probably be piss lean on a standard car engine as the car wont flow enough air to draw enough fuel with the standad bike jets, try dropping the needle or raising the needle on the slide, just take the top off the carbs, then pull the big spring then slide out, then the needle should be on a circlip, if you lower it you lean it off, and vise versa. will give you an idea if its lean or rich

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    what fuel pump are you using, you obviously need a carb pump, and with a regulator as the standard car pump will be too powerful (even the mechanical one will be) dont forget that the bike will be gravity fed so any pressure is too much pressure for the floats. i think about 2 psi is ideal

the carbs as standard will probably be piss lean on a standard car engine as the car wont flow enough air to draw enough fuel with the standad bike jets, try dropping the needle or raising the needle on the slide, just take the top off the carbs, then pull the big spring then slide out, then the needle should be on a circlip, if you lower it you lean it off, and vise versa. will give you an idea if its lean or rich
    ...so my old walbro isa bit much then...

Rides
    ...so my old walbro isa bit much then...
    i recall telling you that....anyway i'm going to put the fuel tank on the roof.....btw go buy a bike

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DREAD13 View Post
    i recall telling you that....anyway i'm going to put the fuel tank on the roof.....btw go buy a bike
    lol i still recon the dizzys wrong too - cant find the one i need tho, the one i got sents wrong!

Rides
    lol i still recon the dizzys wrong too - cant find the one i need tho, the one i got sents wrong!
    Wow.....at this rate your going to know bus drivers by first name basis

Rides
    the walbro would bend the floats and probably kill all the seals lol.

get a carb pump on there asap

Rides
    apparently, when converting a polo to run on bike carbs, most people set up so that it runs in a circuit back to the fuel tank, placing a T-piece in the line, this then ensures the pressure actually getting to the carbs is relatively low... People have been doing this on club polo with no issues...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffing View Post
    apparently, when converting a polo to run on bike carbs, most people set up so that it runs in a circuit back to the fuel tank, placing a T-piece in the line, this then ensures the pressure actually getting to the carbs is relatively low... People have been doing this on club polo with no issues...
    yup thats exactly what iv done, i even asked a few people on there. They said my dizzys wrong.