Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SR20DET (redtop) - GT3071R Power Graph Results

Rides
    397.3hp @ 1.5bar thats lower then i would expect from a
    GT3071R smaller housing i surpose 0.64A/R

the spiker is 400hp 1200kg 0-60 4.3 sec...... 400hp is plenty

i run 376.1hp @ 1.3 bar but it peaks 1.5 early... an settles
    GT2871R 0.84A/R Internally Gated
    I'm going for some new cams looking at JWT c2 do you guys recon my turbo is a bit small for 270's??

Rides
    please remember this is on a stock engine with stock cams and timing... and extrememly save map! it did 420bhp without alot of effort at 1.55bar of boost.

I think the actually boost was 1.45bar that it made the 397.3hp.

Rides
    Impressed, wery nice, why cams are still not there?

i've runned 352hp on a stock internals with my s14a, finally Piston rings given a break!

Rides
    this is a S14 SR20

built by powertune in australia

this car still retains all its standard internals
    power was made on standard cam shafts

277.4rwkw on 24psi with E85
    257.6rwkw with 98 OCTANE

12.016 at 118mph

for more details, specs, photos, dyno sheets, videos
    http://hardtuned.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=382765
    Last edited by STR8E180; 02-08-2009 at 20:04.

Rides
    correct me if im wrong im sure i pm'ed you on nissan silvia a more than a year ago about gt3071's on stock internals and you gave me some great advice on my setup

welcome dude

Rides
    yeah u did

i also had a few members on here contact me about wanting to buy the top feed fuel rail adapter kit for later model S14 and S15 sr20's so i thought i would sign up

also sent a few manifolds to Ireland as well

if it looks like i can get a decent amount of sales on here and its worth becoming a sponsor i will
    we are looking to break into the euro market because at the moment all our sales are mostly in australia and n.z

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by STR8E180 View Post
    this is a S14 SR20

built by powertune in australia

this car still retains all its standard internals
    power was made on standard cam shafts

277.4rwkw on 24psi with E85
    257.6rwkw with 98 OCTANE

12.016 at 118mph

for more details, specs, photos, dyno sheets, videos
    http://hardtuned.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=382765
    That may have a redtop cover but that is not the same engine as mine thats a 65F block with 54c pistons, you can push them far harder then mine and here i've seen upto the same figures as your saying done with same turbo with larger housing.

If i use the larger exhaust housing i would get around the same power (but with the pistons 69E, they are not as strong), but if you look at my power graph you will see how bloody responsive mine is at this power.

Mine made 265rwkw.

I like your shameless advertising too

Rides
    ur talking about the non vct sr20 engines

i dont see any difference in the bottom ends
    the vct engines just last longer because they are a newer engine with less k's on it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by STR8E180 View Post
    ur talking about the non vct sr20 engines

i dont see any difference in the bottom ends
    the vct engines just last longer because they are a newer engine with less k's on it
    Do some research into it fella, there is allot of differences between the two engines i should know i build them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by superclarkey View Post
    Do some research into it fella, there is allot of differences between the two engines i should know i build them
    yeah well we build them to
    the differences in the bottom end arnt that much that it would make a major difference in how much power one bottom end can make compared to the other
    i normally see the non vct engines make more power more easy because of the cylinder head ports being on a different angle

Rides
    Hang on you said above the ONLY reason is they are newer ?? Guessing you've just did a quick google search and the only difference you could find was high and low port lol, funny

Look i'm not going to argue with you, you are wrong, nor am i going to school you on the differences and why the redtop engine can not cope with as much power as the bentcam engine. ( and i said power it can handle, not make.. big difference )

I think you may what to think before you make claims you really don't understand...

Rides
    just to touch on a subject early on in this thread, i measured the two cranks in question, one was infact 17mm and the other 19mm, so i was 100% correct there is two types of crankshafts fitted to the Bentcam 65F block.

Just thought i would clear that up.

clarkey

Rides
    i should know i build them
    Guessing you've just did a quick google search and the only difference you could find was high and low port lol, funny

Look i'm not going to argue with you, you are wrong, nor am i going to school you on the differences and why the redtop engine can not cope with as much power as the bentcam engine. ( and i said power it can handle, not make.. big difference )

I think you may what to think before you make claims you really don't understand...
    Do you realise how this reads? It's not actually such a great deal to the whole world if some stock SR20 engines came with tougher pistons or fatter crankpins, or that the all-knowing FAST is wrong.

Rather than getting angry/defensive about it, why not stick up some pictures of the two types of crank journals - that would be interesting for everyone else, heck we might learn something - it's not that everyone thinks you're a liar but it makes for a more interesting thread

Rides
    pfftt quick google watever
    im not getting into this argument as well
    i posted up a dyno sheet to give u guys some info
    it may not be a non vct engine but it gives u a ruff idea thats the whole reason i posted it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bennett View Post
    Do you realise how this reads? It's not actually such a great deal to the whole world if some stock SR20 engines came with tougher pistons or fatter crankpins, or that the all-knowing FAST is wrong.

Rather than getting angry/defensive about it, why not stick up some pictures of the two types of crank journals - that would be interesting for everyone else, heck we might learn something - it's not that everyone thinks you're a liar but it makes for a more interesting thread
    I've tried before to explain the differences but people just go "fast says NO" and its a waste of my time, problem is its not on the internet so its not a fact.

99% of people i talk to about SR20 don't even know what there stock pistons are, what rods are in what engine, the block differneces, chamber thinkness differences, all shit i've work out over the last 8years +.

Makes no differnece now as i have bought a HKS 2.2 engine.

clarkey.