Thread: HI there wsome forum! and got some questions!

Rides

HI there awesome forum! and got some questions!

HI i am from Farnbarough i come from Latvia. Soon gonna get a driving license so i was thinking off a car and then find the s13 around my budget.
    Choose s13 because of a turbo they are easyer to tune.So i wanted a project car.I will try to do as much as i can on my own because it is cheeper and i love it!
    I'm not novice in auto mechanics I swaped Golf MK2 1.8 8v to 1.8 16v (KR)
    and that's about it. So the question is what kind of books should i buy and read so i can get more information on engine tuning and turbo motors?

And what is the best mag about tuning ? i got "Fast car" now but i don't want to read how some kid took his Fiesta to tuner garage to do it.
    I want to read about... well like here where people do it on their own and more about engine tuning.

sorry about bad english.
    Last edited by Skyforger; 15-05-2009 at 23:50.

Rides
    Don't worry about your English mate it's pretty good. With regards to what books to read I can't really help, anything you can find on forced induction I guess.

Regarding mags banzai seems to be a popular choice but I only look at the pictures There is ALOT of good info on here so browsing the technical sections usually returns answers to any questions you have

welcome to the club

Rides
    Welcome to the UK and to SXOC

The best place to read about the Nissan SX is the technical sections on here, rather than books

Your English is fine - much better than a lot of English people can manage

Rides
    check'd the tech topic's it's great !! But the thing is i can't read for long on monitor makes my eyes dizzy and i feel like drunk wanted to read it in the bus on the way to work
    And where should i search them is there a chance i can get them in shops not in online-shops ? i looked in WHS Smith and nothing.
    And i will buy the sx13 tech manual already so i can start to know my next car

anyway's thx for answers !

.... am i the only one that thinks s14 and s15 are ugly cars ?

Rides
    There are links to the S13 Workshop manual in .pdf format on this site. There's not really a lot you need to do to your S13 to get it going nicely, so I'd recommend settling on a power figure and then look Here.....

Rides
    Print the tech guides out if it hurts ya eyes!

Oh and welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Rides
    get one of those screen covers for you screen/monitor and see if it helps your eyes .. if not you can have perscription ones made !!

Rides
    You need a brail monitor!

welcome to sxoc, you'll like it here

Rides
    I just gonna buy Haynes manual

And about ECU Stages i was thinking of Stage 2 but i think
    with
    * Free flow air filter
    * Free flow exhaust
    * Boost controller to achieve 15psi boost pressure
    * Uprated intercooler
    * T28 turbo from an S14 200SX
    * Super unleaded fuel (>97 RON)
    * Uprated fuel pump

isn't enough if the engine done some 90k miles or so because the engine won't hold the increased boost. Am i right ?

Rides
    90k isn't a high mileage really, and being high mileage doesn't necessarily mean an engine is in bad condition or can't withstand higher boost, as long as the engine has been well looked after by the previous owners.

Generally I think both the CA18 and SR20 engines are reasonably strong and can hold quite a lot more boost pressure than standard without having to rebuild them. Most people reckon that the chances of the standard engine being ok at stage 2 are good enough that they will try it and see, rather than rebuilding the engine just to be on the safe side.

The other thing is, I think if you rebuild an engine you have to be quite sure you do it right, otherwise if you make a slight mistake putting it back together, you could end up with it breaking down more quickly than if you had just left it alone. But, if you're experienced and you want to be on the safe side, then yes you could rebuild it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    .... am i the only one that thinks s14 and s15 are ugly cars ?
    We have already had a lot of arguments about that here it all comes down to personal opinion. I would say, check out the 'Inspirational S-Bodies' thread http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=349593 , it really shows what you can do with the different body shapes.

Personally ? Well, I paid more than the going rate for an S14, to import a 180 from Japan just to have the S13 bodyshell with the more modern mechanicals, so that shows my opinion