Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nistune

Rides
    ok well thats a weight off my shoulders...had me worried...thanks bud

Rides

Rides
    jez is there any chance of a exchange deal for a stage 2 chip for a nistune board and software?

Rides
    No, sorry.

Rides
    Hi Jez, just a quick couple of questions.

-The consult cable I purchased from you a year or two back, will it work with Nistune?
    I understand it still uses the consult interface but I'm lead to believe transfer data rates are increase to facilitate more precise logging, etc with Nistune.

-How feasible would it be to switch to Nistune on an S14a ECU which is already running a generic remap such as your stage 1, 1a, 2, 2a, etc... chips?

Cheers

Rides
    Pretty much any consult lead will work with Nistune, so you'll be fine

You'd have to remove the ECU upgrade, install the Nistune board and then get it mapped.

Rides
    Jez I have been running the S14a Stage 3a solution for 18 months now which is excellent.

As of last night I now have my new engine installed and running.

I need to come down and see you for a custom map, but wondering what the benefits are of switching from the Hdev solution to the Nistune one.

Apart from the two obvious points, Nistune costs more, but allows more people to map it should you retire/disappear under a bus etc, are there any technical reasons why I should prefer one over other?

Engine, fully forged, 555's, 2871, Z32 AFM.

2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    a simple ? for you jezz if i come down with the car nistune etc installed and my laptop will you aswell as do the mapping also give a little insight into whats actually being done so i can further tweak as i change mods setup etc ?

Rides
    since we're all asking questions ,

I have your stage 3a ( well 3b for the 740's ) at the moment.
    Did that entail any hard modifications to the ecu ?
    when i crack open the box to fit the nistune daughterboard, is there anything to be undone from your setup to allow the new on ?

Also, is it possible to move my current map over to nistune as a starting point ?

Thanks,
    Joe.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I need to come down and see you for a custom map, but wondering what the benefits are of switching from the Hdev solution to the Nistune one.

Apart from the two obvious points, Nistune costs more, but allows more people to map it should you retire/disappear under a bus etc, are there any technical reasons why I should prefer one over other?
    Other than the points you've mentioned, there'd be no difference at all

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazykidd View Post
    a simple ? for you jezz if i come down with the car nistune etc installed and my laptop will you aswell as do the mapping also give a little insight into whats actually being done so i can further tweak as i change mods setup etc ?
    Not really I'm afraid - I'd be able to give you some pointers while I map the car - but if you're starting from no knowledge it'll be quite difficult to teach you anything that will be useful and not dangerous.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Joe View Post
    Did that entail any hard modifications to the ecu ?
    when i crack open the box to fit the nistune daughterboard, is there anything to be undone from your setup to allow the new on ?

Also, is it possible to move my current map over to nistune as a starting point ?
    There will be our ECU upgrade fitted to your ECU - if you wanted to go with Nistune you'd have to remove our board and fit the Nistune board.

You'd be best off starting with the standard maps, changing for bigger injectors and different AFM and then remapping from there.

Rides
    Hi Jez, thanks for answering the above questions, a few guys had some interesting Q's to

Rides
    hi Jez.I've been looking for a d-jero pfc to make a full use of the setup of my engine but also read this thread and there is my question is thjere a reason why you wouldnt sqeeze the same or close to what pfc would do power/torque output using nistune (mapped by You) or should i stck to the plan of getting pfc? mods of my engine:
    fully forged engine
    sard 850 inj. and adj. fpr
    260 in and ex cams (to come)
    gt2871r (possibly a hks hibryd, bit stronger.i was told)
    tubular mani
    3 inch exhaust turbo-back
    fmic
    z32 (maf if needed)
    etc
    goal is top end 300bhp- 400bhp if the turbo is as good as i was told.
    thank you

Rides
    For that sort of target power I would say a Z32 MAF is definitely needed.
    As far as which management is concerned both the Power FC and Nistune setups are both extremely capable, but the Nistune is so much cheaper to implement.
    Within the Nistune software changin the map for larger injectors takes all of 15 seconds & 4 clicks! and changin MAF's is easy with a list of 20+ MAF's, everything from Ford/GM MAF's, to RB20's and the popular Z32 MAF's.
    The Nistune software is defiantly well thought out and support is great even though its fairly new comparatively.

Rides
    You won't make any more power on either engine management option.

Here are the main features of each products:
    Power FC D-Jetro - It MAP sensor based, so you won't be limited to 550bhp by an AFM system. If you have a top mount turbo you won't have any issues associated with air flow pulses through the AFM (because there won't be one). Mapping can be done by most Power FC mappers with the right tools. If you want to map it yourself you'll need to buy an FC Datalogit system. You also have the commander where you can view settings. Power FCs cost £600-900 depending on where you buy, inc additional sensors. Fitting costs around £100, mapping is £349.99

Nistune - Limited to 550bhp by Z32 AFM. Have to have smooth air flow through AFM for it to work properly. If you want to map it yourself you'll need a consult lead and Nistune software. Nistune board is £184.99, fitting is £34.99, mapping is £299.99 - if you want a consult lead and mapping software its £199.98

H-Dev custom remap - Same as Nistune, except you can't buy the software to map it yourself. ECU board and mapping is £349.99, fitting is £24.99.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    You won't make any more power on either engine management option.

Here are the main features of each products:
    Power FC D-Jetro - It MAP sensor based, so you won't be limited to 550bhp by an AFM system. If you have a top mount turbo you won't have any issues associated with air flow pulses through the AFM (because there won't be one). Mapping can be done by most Power FC mappers with the right tools. If you want to map it yourself you'll need to buy an FC Datalogit system. You also have the commander where you can view settings. Power FCs cost £600-900 depending on where you buy, inc additional sensors. Fitting costs around £100, mapping is £349.99

Nistune - Limited to 550bhp by Z32 AFM. Have to have smooth air flow through AFM for it to work properly. If you want to map it yourself you'll need a consult lead and Nistune software. Nistune board is £184.99, fitting is £34.99, mapping is £299.99 - if you want a consult lead and mapping software its £199.98

H-Dev custom remap - Same as Nistune, except you can't buy the software to map it yourself. ECU board and mapping is £349.99, fitting is £24.99.
    thanks for the answer. so reasuming full ecu remap to the spec of my car would be

about £375 and i obvouslely must have a maf..is there a particular reason to spend extra money on pfc power out put wise for my setup than and pay another £500 on top of that??
    Last edited by erykkrwawy; 30-11-2009 at 20:06.

Rides
    The PFC gives you the commander, which can be handy - especially the knock read out. Although we always recommend getting a Phormula KS-3 to monitor: http://www.h-dev.co.uk/advanced_sear...words=phormula

You lose the immobilser with the PFC

If it were me, I'd go for our ECU remap if you just want us to sort it, Nistune if you're going to adjust the map yourself or a Solaris if you want a motorsport grade ECU.

See here: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=431324 for some more info
    Last edited by Jez; 01-12-2009 at 19:54.

Rides
    I always thought VEMS was a good option for us 200 guys as you can get pnp harnesses to suit s14/a which makes life a lot easier.
    There pretty much full on stand alone at half the price. The v3.3 genboard has knock, egt input and a built-in wideband controller, so no expensive controllers are needed. Like the FC D-Jetro it has MAP input so you can do away with expensive high flow mafs.

I really dont know why the VEMs setup isnt used more often as its as easy to implement as the Power PC setup but would work out so much cheaper if you want inputs like knock detection and wideband etc... and arguably its much more flexible.

Rides
    Theres no UK support for VEMS and it's a right ball ache to map due to very unfriendly software. We were going to support it, but don't any more.