Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: show us your rocker.

Rides
    Some great looking covers on here. I'm going to do one for my car, spare cover should arrive tomorrow. Can't decide whether to go for the polished look or painted
    Years ago I polished a couple of Rover V8 rocker covers for my Seight but they didn't look all that if I'm honest. How hard is it to polish one up to the standard in the pics here? Also, can anyone tell me where I can buy a chrome coilpack cover?

Rides
    Heres mine i spent a whole day painting it and it came out really well http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...e/P6170016.jpg

Rides

This is mine but i cheated and bought this one already smoothed and polished on the plus side 99% of the boring hard work done

Rides
    So you didn't do any of it?

Still, I like it Just finished mine, bit of a bodge job I know but it was a spray can job etc. The colour is supposed to be like the Rover 200/Tomcat colour, pearlescent purple but you can't really see it much in the pics as the sun wasn't out

Last edited by General; 21-06-2009 at 19:02.

Rides
    thats really nice General

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    thats really nice General
    Thanks

Just thinking what colour to do the spark plug cover or should I leave it the silver colour it is?

Rides
    White i reckon to match the lettering! or true silver

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    So you didn't do any of it?
    No I had one to do all this then this one came up for sale wich after i sold my old one it only cost me £10 wich is bit of a bargain

Still needs a little bit more of a polish then ill be fitting it should look nice

Yours looks good too im really liking that colour

Rides
    mine after a little attention with the grinder, drill and dremmel...

and a slightly rubbish pic of it installed....

Rides
    im gonna try attempting something coo with ca rocker covers...not sure wat yet but this has given me a couple of ideas

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
    Colwell
    wood he be able to make me one of the plug covers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LewyS14a View Post
    Yours looks good too im really liking that colour

Cheers

I'm planning to detail the car next weekend and sort the engine bay out so will have more pics with the cover on and hopefully a clean engine bay!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LewyS14a View Post

This is mine but i cheated and bought this one already smoothed and polished on the plus side 99% of the boring hard work done
    that needs more brown then white mopping soap

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by paddyb01 View Post
    wood he be able to make me one of the plug covers
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a; in another thread
    Hope Pete doesn't mind me wading in here! It was done by Colwell,i believe he made 4 and sadly no more! (Its been asked if he'd do more,and i don't think he will)
    But on a high note i have one of the others
    I guess that answers your question. I didn't know he only made 4 Who has the other 2 though? I bet Ben Taylor has 1 of em
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Pdh_14a has one I am sure of that
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    for anyone that wants a rocker cover mirror polished in kent then i very highly recommend gs polishing in rochester, the guy does superb work and is very reasonable on price. GS POLISHING

i can vouch for his work, just got a manifold back recently that looked like this

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanS15 View Post
    for anyone that wants a rocker cover mirror polished in kent then i very highly recommend gs polishing in rochester, the guy does superb work and is very reasonable on price. GS POLISHING

i can vouch for his work, just got a manifold back recently that looked like this
    wowowowowow, that looks so fricking kool and really well done, been a bit cheeky but how much was it for the plenum to be polished? if its as good as you say ill be sending mine of next week.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by iow200sx View Post
    wowowowowow, that looks so fricking kool and really well done, been a bit cheeky but how much was it for the plenum to be polished? if its as good as you say ill be sending mine of next week.
    the plenum came to 120-00 which sounds a lot but considering its such an awkward shape between the runners isnt bad at all. i just worked out that i could go to work and earn more money than that in the time it would take me to polish it anywhere near that standard so it was worth paying him to do it. rocker covers would undoubtedly be a fair bit cheaper according to gavin there as they are flatter with less little crevices to polish up. he also said he can grind off the lettering before polishing for the super smooth look. i would thoroughly reccommend him, very much a perfectionist
    he also acid dipped the plenum to remove any crap from inside and all traces of old gaskets. as soon as i find out how to set up the tps im going to have the throttle body and aac housings done too to finish it off. when i first got it back, like he said the ali sweats for a week or so where its porous and needs a wipe with a gentle metal polish, now thats been done a couple of times though its staying 110% gleaming without any more work.