Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SR20DET powered Westfield

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMet***asket View Post

If only I could make mine that fast without it having to sound like an SR
    After Dan took me out in it I watched him take 30PSI out in it and the noise was incredible. It's weird as it didn't sound anything like an SR at all, just sounded like a proper race car steaming down the main straight.

I wish my 200 sounded like it.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Yeah it's off the road for the winter now, took the engine and gearbox out of it today due to gearbox failure

I've made a rough bonnet which will get made into a nice FRP version

also going to tidy it up alot, and possibly next year sell it. I'm really wanting a TVR Cerbera at the moment so the Westfield may fund this

Anyhow will upload some more pics as soon as they happen, at the moment I have this to finish by Spring and my 800SX to finish

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Your posts are now to be considered worthless unless you post a video up
    What do you want to see / hear? Can you point me to good video on the forum here?

Our video cam is pretty ancient - not sure what I'll be able to get out of it, but I'll have a crack at it.

Sorry to hear about your gearbox, Dan. BTW, What in the world is an 800SX? An 8-litre engine shoe-horned into a 200SX shell???

Regards,

Jamie
    Last edited by Keeba14; 07-12-2009 at 09:25. Reason: Cocked up...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeba14 View Post
    What do you want to see / hear? Can you point me to good video on the forum here?

Our video cam is pretty ancient - not sure what I'll be able to get out of it, but I'll have a crack at it.

Sorry to hear about your gearbox, Dan. BTW, What in the world is an 800SX? An 8-litre engine shoe-horned into a 200SX shell???

Regards,

Jamie
    Any video will do, I want a westfield after going out in Dan's

Here's the 800SX http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=434299

Rides
    Not as fast but here you go then

from FMG on Vimeo.

Rides
    That's a hell of a nice Westy you have there, FMG. A bit of genuine automotive history even, it being pre-lit and all. Good luck with the sale (or get yourself a bigger shed and keep it ).

There's no way that my video will look anything like that one of FMG's. I'll be gaffa taping the old Sony HandyCam to the roll bar and seeing how that comes out. Fortunately the camera has an external mic socket so I maybe I'll be able to pick up the dulcet tones of the 'zorst without too much interference from the wind.

It might take me a few days - work / family will intrude until the weekend most likely.

Regards,

Jamie

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Your posts are now to be considered worthless unless you post a video up
    OK - just one of the Westy idling, 'cos it's easy to do with a regular camera.

I'm trying to get something with the car in motion but the wind noise is horrendous at the moment. More fiddling required.

Regards

Jamie

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Went out in this tonight

Dan gave me some glasses to wear. What's really apparant once Dan get's in to second gear is how much wind really picks up, but by the time he's in 5th even with the glasses you can't see much. It's also really good for styling hair You have to concentrate on breathing through your nose as you probably have air blow out your arse if you open your mouth.

It's fapping fast! Mid range is really impressive, overtaking car's is done in a second or 2. Thing I think it's a bit deceiving, because when your in the car you're aware of how fast it is, but because it's all so well done it doesn't feel too shocking as it's all under good control.

Perspective - I drove my car shortly afterwards and it's then when it dawned on me just how quick this westfield is. It's hard when in the car to compare it against anything else you've been in as it's so different, but it's so obvious when you get in to another car just how ridiculous this machine is.

Anyway Dan, turn the boost up more, you can never have too much power
    I know what you mean!this is 0-60 in mine! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjD7c64CB5o

Rides
    the car is mint dude

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinwrexham View Post
    I know what you mean!this is 0-60 in mine! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjD7c64CB5o
    thats all wheelspin mate lol
    Im sure we can all get our speedo's get to 60 mph like that if we spank it through the gears & keep the wheels spinning